When will/did start shopping for baby things?

I bought a pram and baby carrier before we even started TTC but it's because they were good deals and I knew we were going to start trying shortly after. Luckily we caught on first time!
I didn't actually start buying anything until after we had the 12 week scan but it was only the odd gender neutral item, as soon as we found out it was a boy at 17 weeks I started going a bit crazy with the shopping! We have a little girl so I sold all her bits to fund the boys bits so didn't feel too bad spending ha ha!

Yo-yo! We're pregnant together again. Haha Looks like you're about 7 weeks ahead of me. This is our rainbow baby too...and it took IVF to get him/her. :( But here we are. :hugs:

Since this is my 2nd, and I'm not sure which gender it is, I haven't bought anything yet. If it's a boy, we don't really need to buy much.

Yo-yo! We're pregnant together again. Haha Looks like you're about 7 weeks ahead of me. This is our rainbow baby too...and it took IVF to get him/her. :( But here we are. :hugs:

Since this is my 2nd, and I'm not sure which gender it is, I haven't bought anything yet. If it's a boy, we don't really need to buy much.

Congratulations on your rainbow Mara! How exciting for Eric to be a big brother too :)

Hope you're well x

We have an amnio booked for tuesday. (dna issues) so when we get the results from that (plus the gender) is when ill start going crazy. I have lots left over from DD3 but clothes from newborn-6 months (i sold them lol) so if it's another girl she will have a partial new wardrobe. But crib, high chair, carseat etc I still have.

I hope your amnio goes well :hugs:

Thank you vanilla! Always terrifying for the first bit. But its definitely needed in our case :)

With dd1 we started early just buying little things. We had a rule about a pack of diapers in a different size every time we went grocery shopping.

Dd2 was a rainbow and I waited until we found out the the gender at 12 weeks.

Ds we were given things early on and I bought a few things here and there but we lost him at 15.

With this bean we are moving in July and so have decided not to buy anything until after we move and I'll be in the 3rd trimester by then.

I've nearly finished! Just couldn't help myself this time round. We had nothing left from DS1 apart from a few clothes (which are mainly wrong season anyway - winter baby). We got the pram in a Black Friday offer at 12 weeks (12 weeks!), and after that the floodgates were opened...

I got a couple coupons for Babies R'Us when I bought some mat clothes the other day and I bought some onesies and noise canceling headphone yesterday. I have 45 days to exchange them if it turns out I'm not having a girl though. And I'm thinking I might buy this really nice nursing cushion too. I'm so impatient. lol

Attachments

• IMG_20170206_153014.jpg
    IMG_20170206_153014.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 4
I found out the gender early due to having a harmony test at 11 weeks and went and bought a few packs of sleeps suits and vests in blue after that. We have a 6 year gap so need everything again! I've ordered my pram and car seat from the shop, I pay a little each month and then it's paid and ready to collect 4 weeks before baby is due. I get a couple of bits with my shopping each week like nappies, wipes etc and I top up a supermarket gift card with £10 each week too and keep that to spend after baby is born and I'm on maternity pay, it's useful for nappies, formula etc and keeps the weekly shop costs down!

Sarah xxx

We have an amnio booked for tuesday. (dna issues) so when we get the results from that (plus the gender) is when ill start going crazy. I have lots left over from DD3 but clothes from newborn-6 months (i sold them lol) so if it's another girl she will have a partial new wardrobe. But crib, high chair, carseat etc I still have.

I hope your amino went ok.

Sarah xxx

My amnio was... Um.... More painful than last time. He had to go in a different way than last time because my placenta was in the way.
Other than that everything went well. We wont find out any results for 7 days. They skipped the FSH test (tests for downs and a couple other common issues) since thats not the info we need to know.

Parkep-good luck with the results. Hopefully the next few days go quickly for you .:flower:

I finally bought some babygrows online. Chose the latest date for delivery, which is 7 days. So I'll be 22 1/2 weeks.

As soon as I ordered them I felt happy then stressed I'd actually bought something! :dohh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->