When will your tree go up??

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanielleM

Reaction score
As the title says really!

Every year I say 1st December but never stick to it, I get too excited and it usually ends up being around 26th November lol. I think that once Christmas Day has been the tree loses it's magic, before Christmas it has all the hope and anticipation around it!

So when will your tree go up?

For the past couple of years its been november 25th (a month before the big day!) i should imagine this year will be the same unless LO is at nursery that day xx

Any time after my DS birthday which is November 6. The earliest I've even done it was 14th Nov

Mum would never let me it up before Dec 13th (12 days before xmas). I'm in my own home this year though so probably Dec 1st

I like to do it the first weekend in December, but as the first is a Monday this year I will probably do it nov 30th...which will annoy husband no end :haha:

I always put tree up December 1st and my other decorations in November :D

Its tradition in our family to wait till christmas eve to put any decorations up!!
I used to love going to bed as kid with the house all normal then waking up in santas grotto!! (It was always the Big Fairy that came to decorate an then santa would come! :) )
i still stick to this and it irritates my hubby but more as being a butcher he's exhusted by christmas eve and the last thing he wants to do is put up the decorations!!! :haha:

Omg no way could I wait till Xmas Eve to put up my tree, that is some willpower you have there!!!

I always put it up the day after Thanksgiving which is November 28th this year.

The first weekend of December, either the Friday or Sunday. I won't put it up before OH's birthday (November 30th) and tbh November is a little bit too soon for me :p

1st December for me :) I do most of it and kids add their special bits and the star on top. Can't wait!!

Normally the 1st of dec. Its ds birthday on 29th dec so we take it all back down for then so like to have it up quite early. I wouldn't put it up before dec though.

It's been December 1st the past few years but tbh I then feel like i'm sick of it too soon so i'm thinking of closer to the middle of the month this year. If DD had an earlier December birthday i'd put it up after that but after 19th feels a bit too late!

Usually sometime in the end of November, last year it was halfway through lol! I'm getting extra trees this year :) xx

usually the first but as this falls on monday will be the day before

As we get a real tree about 2 weeks before but being midweek I will probably go with the weekend before, so 6/7th. Which is great as I sit my final December exam on 5th since finish exams and start Christmas.

Usually the last weekend in November or Dec 1.

Omg no way could I wait till Xmas Eve to put up my tree, that is some willpower you have there!!!

Its just tradition! It would feel weird doing it any earlier in my home - but I love helping my mil put hers up at the beginning of Dec (tho she has done it without me the last 2 years! There will be tears if she does it without me this year!)

Around the 14th of December and we take it down new years day <3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back