When will your tree go up??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Usually the first weekend in December, or DH birthday (4th December) which ever comes first. Last year though DH got excited and it went up on like the 30th of November haha so not too much earlier lol

I was thinking about this the other day and then it dawned on me that I'm going to have a little monkey that's going to try and climb it toddling about this year lol. Therefore I may leave it until the week before Christmas this time.

I am however going to buy a real tree this year to stick in my front garden to put lights on ect (I've been wanting to do that for the past couple of years but I never do it)

I shall probably do that on the 1st December as that's usually when my tree normally goes up.

I'll have lights up in the window and other decorations in the home.

Hell, I'll probably even put the house tree up before the week before too. I'll just see how it goes.

I was thinking about this the other day and then it dawned on me that I'm going to have a little monkey that's going to try and climb it toddling about this year lol. Therefore I may leave it until the week before Christmas this time.

I am however going to buy a real tree this year to stick in my front garden to put lights on ect (I've been wanting to do that for the past couple of years but I never do it)

I shall probably do that on the 1st December as that's usually when my tree normally goes up.

Hell, I'll probably even put the house tree up before the week before too. I'll just see how it goes.

I always told my little ones that the Christmas tree was hot and burny and with the lights they believed me and never touched it!!

3rd December when I finish work this year hee hee!!!!

1st December. I got OH to request the day off work especially :rofl: (And it got accepted :wohoo: )

I always say 1st December, but in reality it's usually a few days before that, as the 1st is a Monday probably the Sunday 30th November so ds1 can help decorate and not be too tired after school! X

I try to wait until 1st DEC but each yr gets earlie. As soon as Halloween over I struggle to hold myself back lol

I always used to do mine on Advent Sunday, straight after church, but my daughter was born on December 11th, so now I'm going to leave it until after her birthday. I finish work on Friday 12th this year, so the decorations will probably go up on the 13th.
I get to trim up my classroom earlier, though! My headteacher likes the whole school to be decorated for Christmas by the end of November at the latest!

I always put it up after jacobs birthday (4th dec) so will be the 7th this year :D

I'll be decorating the first weekend of December too.
Does anyone else get loads of scratches from putting all the decs up
& evening out all the tree branches?

I do think November is overkill... but each to their ow lol. we do it on the 6th of December. st nicholas day :)

More than likely the last weekend in November as I can't usually wait! lol x

I always told my little ones that the Christmas tree was hot and burny and with the lights they believed me and never touched it!!

Yes, this is true. It's just gradually starting to sink in now when it comes to the oven so fingers crossed by Christmas it would have sunk in properly and she'll fully understand to stay away when I say no when referencing the Christmas tree too.

X

November 30th when callum is in bed, Elfie Moon will put it up.

Its funny last year was the first year I had to constantly keep telling one of them to leave it alone, and he was almost 4 at the time! And that was DS3. I expect ds4 will be pulling at it constantly just to be different from the others at that age LOL

Usually the 1st ish of December as long as it's on a weekend. This year it will be the 30th November as the 1sts on a Monday and I really don't want to wait until the weekend after :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"