When your LO goes to sleep...

We've always put Bethanie down awake to sleep (well from a few months old anyway). We did the limited crying kind of techinique.. leave her for 5, go in to comfort her (but didn't pick her up). Leave again, if she kept crying we would return after 10, after 15 and so on. This lasted only a little while and Bethanie has always slept brilliantly.
Now, aged almost 2 she goes for her naps and bed time no problem at all. She asks to go to bed and gets all chilled with her book, mummy/daddy cuddles and milk.

For nap time, I say it's "teddy beddy".. she gets in bed with me, gets her dummy and I read her a story then we have cuddle and tickle time. I rock her like a newborn baby lol, sing her a song then she goes to sleep with her fave teddies.
Bed time is the same, but my boyfriend does the majority of it this time, he gets her ready, does her teeth then she has milk and we read her a book, do kisses and cuddles and she goes straight to sleep.

Hope that helps, we've always had a solid routine in place and it's paid off brilliantly!

Well, Jack is way past the 4 mth mark & there is no way he is going to sleep on his own (sorry to disappoint some of you:dohh:) I have to rock him to sleep for naps & bedtime & if I am lucky he will stay down once I place him in his cot - he normally wakes about 3-4 times before I can leave him:dohh: I have tried the 'controlled crying', which I was determined to master, but after 1 & 1/2 hrs constant crying(with me going in every 5 mins to settle) I decide he wasn't ready & that if he was crying that bad then he still really needed me to help him to sleep. Things are getting better than they were, not with the actual falling asleep part, but he used to scream the place down when he woke & now he will lay & play by himself for a while, which means he is probably getting used to being alone in his cot, so we may get there one day :rofl:

Jasmine has always fell asleep on her own but she likes the light off and her winnie the poo projector light on, we have never had any probs with her, she goes up around 9ish and wakes around 8am now!

with my girls i have always got them into a bedtime routine at a very early age. from when they were weeks old they have gone to bed and i have put them down awake or nearly asleep and now to this day they will go to bed fine with no fuss,
i have just stasrted to put lucy to bed , i will put her to bed around 9pm awake or asleep depends, and leave her if she starts to fuss il go in and check her and if therer isnt anything obvious wrong i put my knuckle in her mouth and she sucks away and falls to sleep.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->