When?

sammie18

Mommy to Allison
Reaction score
When do babies start or is able to hold there head up and are able to hold a bottle on there own?

I think around 2-3 months they start to get better head control. IDK cannot really remember :dohh:
ANd Colton still doesn't hold his own bottle!

Kathryn was holding her head up in month 2 (can't remember exactly when, but she was very strong and doing it a bit early), and she is just recently starting to hold her bottle (not masterfully yet, but she's getting there) and she's almost 5 and a half months.

Isabelles already trying little monkey same as her big sis but month 2 id say properly

2 months for holding head, and he has no interest in holding on bottle :rofl: XxX

From about 6 weeks Niamh started trying. Now she holds her head up alot and if I put her on her tummy she'll push her upper body up too. She's not quite there yet though and still has to have a little rest, or accidentally throws her head back sometimes.

Dec was trying to hold his head up from he was born, he got better control when he was about 2 months, as for the bottle he never held it and he doesnt even get one anymore.

kai holds his head up already :) very rarely it has a little wobble, brendan refused to hold his own bottle till he was a year old lol!!!

Hiya jaydens only just started holding his bottle by himself and hes 8 months on saturday xx

Too really hold there head up about 3 months for me. Started trying around 6 weeks.

As for bottle holding Ella wont even bother to attempt :lol: She can hold the little newborn ones for her water but nothing else :lol:

Amelie could hold her head up for a few seconds a 2 weeks old but she can fully support her own head now unless she's tired and I have to help her.

She started holding it up at the end of 2 months, but wobbled a lot. Now she's fairly steady and only wobbles when she's tired and in her bumbo.

I think some babies start holding their bottles around 8-9 months, or at least thats when my friends baby started.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abourne499
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->