Where did you NIP today?

Not today but during the weekend we nipped in m&s shoe section. It was sooo busy and I felt a bit bad that I was taking up the bench when people were trying to try on shoes but there was nowhere else and feeding baby is more important than buying shoes anyway (marginally ;) :haha: )

Also nipped in the restaurant we were eating at, a John Lewis cafe and an ice cream parlour.

Whole Foods Market! There is a section with tables where people can eat food they purchase (and I've seen people just sit here and talk). I sat by a corner to feed and a woman came up to me and said "This is not a place for you to feed. This is where I eat the food I bought here. You could purchase Organic Pre-made formula in the store if you want". I shot back "Just like you, my daughter also deserves to eat whole foods through me". She just glared at me and walked off. I feel good for standing up for myself :thumbup:

Whole Foods Market! There is a section with tables where people can eat food they purchase (and I've seen people just sit here and talk). I sat by a corner to feed and a woman came up to me and said "This is not a place for you to feed. This is where I eat the food I bought here. You could purchase Organic Pre-made formula in the store if you want". I shot back "Just like you, my daughter also deserves to eat whole foods through me". She just glared at me and walked off. I feel good for standing up for myself :thumbup:
Go you!! What a rude woman! :hugs:

Well done skris4, it's great that you were confident enough to stand up for your baby's rights :thumbup:

Seriously?! at a whole foods?! I would expect to be able to NIP there if anywhere! and in CA! I'm shocked (if you can't tell)

Seriously?! at a whole foods?! I would expect to be able to NIP there if anywhere! and in CA! I'm shocked (if you can't tell)

Yes, So was I. Most people there don't even turn their heads when I NIP there.

Add me to the list of :shock: at the Whole Foods scene!
You should tell the the management what happened and get them to put up a Breastfeeders Welcome sign! :growlmad:

Gave Tobe a very brief boobing at a food court in a mall today. He was way too distracted and wiggily! :)

I breastfed in the waiting room of the doctor surgery today, there were quite a lot of people there!
It was my first time yay, did it!

In the baby-screening of 'Woman in Black' at the cinema! He then went to sleep snuggled up on me ... was very glad for him to hug during the scary parts! :argh:

I haven't gone to a baby screening yet. Really should! Me and hubby used to go to the cinema all the time before we had LO.

I didn't know baby screening existed???
i've nipped in the usual cafes etc, no where strange.
X

Yeh they do them at Odeons but it's usually on a weekday morning or afternoon which doesn't work so well if DH wants to go as well since he has to work. I don't have any mummy friends to go with :( Booo

They do them at Cineworld and the Picturehouse too.

And both Cineworld and Odeon accept 'babes in arms' (baby up to 18 months) to any morning or afternoon showing up to *I think* a 12A. Odeon do a 'newbies' session which is focused specifically to parents and babies but not all Odeon cinemas do it.

At the nutritionist the other day, today in a parking lot in my car. I was on the road and she started screaming so I just pulled over and fed her there.

At the nutritionist the other day, today in a parking lot in my car. I was on the road and she started screaming so I just pulled over and fed her there.

Smart girl! Driving with a baby doing the Hunger Scream in the back is so stressful and distracting. Way safer to just stick a boob in baby and get everyone calmed down! :)

Smart girl! Driving with a baby doing the Hunger Scream in the back is so stressful and distracting. Way safer to just stick a boob in baby and get everyone calmed down! :)

I just can't listen to her cry! It is distracting for one, but it also breaks my heart knowing that I can make her feel better so easily. So when she's hungry, she gets the boob wherever we are! NIP is not so common around here, but I've learned to deal with it and be proud that I'm not like most of the other mom's I see pulling out a bottle! (Not trying to offend those who bottle feed due to failed bfing, it just bothers me when people use bottles just to avoid NIP)

Good for you! The only way to normalize it is to make it an everyday, no-big-deal thing, right? Amazing how much courage that can take, though! I have been lucky - it's very accepted here and I am blissfully oblivious to anyone who might be offended. And gods help the poor fool who dares make a negative comment to me. By the time I finished with them, they'd be begging to hand out pamphlets for the La Leche League! :haha:
I've always been a bit on the assertive side... :blush:

At a hotel the other day during lunch. I was blissfully unaware though there was a couple that was not impressed by it. Apparently the entire time they were staring at me then making comments to each other and then cancelled their drinks and left all whilst giving me a look of death. They even stared at me through the window once they left. I was totally oblivious :rofl: Ah well :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->