Where do I start...

Megan91

Reaction score
So I should be able to answer my own question seeming as I've had 4 pregnancies and 2 children but unfortunately I am still a little puzzled.
So I've been on the pill for 9months (since ds was born) I had random bleeding while on it. I would bleed for weeks at a time then nothing for weeks. I stopped taking the pill on 14th (13 days ago) I got my withdrawal bleed yesterday. I have Dtd in between stopping the pill and getting my withdrawal bleed and so it's obvious I'm not pregnant.
How would I work out when I'm ovulating as I have never used OPK's.
How long did it take any of you ladies to conceive after stopping the pill?

I didn't get my BFP until over a year after coming off the pill, but we were NTNP and sometimes even preventing in that time. I did get a BFP the first cycle we actively tried, though.

As for ovulation, pay attention to your CM, that'll give you a window when you might be ovulating and an idea when to test.

For OPK, it really depends on how big of a hurry you're in and your OPK budget! I'd personally wait until after you get AF (not just withdrawal bleed) so you're not using a ton of tests in case your cycle's still wonky and long. But if you're ready to start testing ASAP, begin 8-10 days after your withdrawal bleed started.

Hey Megan91,

I'm in the same boat as you. No kiddiewinks but have recently come off the pill.

My cycles kicked straight back in with a 28 days cycle. I can tell when I'm ovulating as I get a dull ache on the side where the egg is being released.

I also use an app to predict my cycles and ovulation. It's not guaranteed but as we aren't really 'trying' right now, it works for me :)

Hi :flower:
For me, last time I was TTC I got pregnant first month after coming off the pill but sadly that ended in a mc. Then my body went straight back to regular 28 day cycles.
I thought it would be the same this time but first month off the pill and I don't know if I've actually ovulated yet. If I was regular I should have got AF or I'd hope a positive test but neither so far. I'm on CD 29 now so I'm hoping it's not going to be a long cycle as I've never experienced it before as I've always been bang on regular.

I've bought some cheap opk to start testing after I have my period. I got them cheap off ebay so I don't mind using them up.

I'd get a good app to record stuff and start with opk about CD10 for a week to see if you O then. It's hard to know for definite though

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->