Which announcement to use

Ty ladies it ended up going really well with my family and friends :)

Wish you just made my day hehe

Oh good, you want a boy? I'd be very surprised if it's a girl. I get total boy vibes from the pic :blue:

Oh good, you want a boy? I'd be very surprised if it's a girl. I get total boy vibes from the pic :blue:

I want a boy BAD lol. I mentioned SO had a brief "that's my son" moment before re-abandoning me. But my mom has joked that she wouldn't know what to do with a granddaughter. And in Thai culture, it is HUGE to have your first child be a boy. My brothers don't care either way, but they talk about the baby like a boy. I also feel like as a single mom, I have access to really excellent male role models to step up and take ex's place with my brothers and stepdad. My stepdad is the only one who wants it to be a girl. I also already bought like $500+ of boys clothes... tee hee but most of it can really go on a girl just fine and anything that says boy/dude/handsome I can ship to New Mexico since my cousin is 20w and just announced she is having a boy.

I want a boy BAD lol. I mentioned SO had a brief "that's my son" moment before re-abandoning me. But my mom has joked that she wouldn't know what to do with a granddaughter. And in Thai culture, it is HUGE to have your first child be a boy. My brothers don't care either way, but they talk about the baby like a boy. I also feel like as a single mom, I have access to really excellent male role models to step up and take ex's place with my brothers and stepdad. My stepdad is the only one who wants it to be a girl. I also already bought like $500+ of boys clothes... tee hee but most of it can really go on a girl just fine and anything that says boy/dude/handsome I can ship to New Mexico since my cousin is 20w and just announced she is having a boy.

It's funny how you get a strong feeling one way and just go with it. I only really focussed on finding the perfect boys name, only looked at the boys section for baby clothes, called it 'he' when talking about him. It's like I already knew but I just needed it confirmed.

Are you Thai? I have heard in Thai culture (and a few others) it is preferable to have a boy first. Is there a reason for that? Is it a luck thing or??

Awww I am hoping that's the case here

My mom is Thai. Never asked why the first born male thing is a big deal, but I do know they value boys more because girls take care of you in this life but boys are responsible for your afterlife. When you die, you need a male relative to act as a monk for your funeral to guide you to your next life. But you are only supposed to do it once because your "light" fades significantly once you have done it. So at my grandfather's funeral, because none of my brothers attended as it was in Thailand, we couldn't find a relative to do it. It was a hot mess and we ended up having to use someone who had done it before.

Awww I am hoping that's the case here

My mom is Thai. Never asked why the first born male thing is a big deal, but I do know they value boys more because girls take care of you in this life but boys are responsible for your afterlife. When you die, you need a male relative to act as a monk for your funeral to guide you to your next life. But you are only supposed to do it once because your "light" fades significantly once you have done it. So at my grandfather's funeral, because none of my brothers attended as it was in Thailand, we couldn't find a relative to do it. It was a hot mess and we ended up having to use someone who had done it before.

Wow, what a beautiful custom/tradition. I'm sorry it didn't work out that way for your grandfather.

Thailand is such a beautiful country. Does it happen very often that women only have girls or only have boys? It seems they usually have both!

My grandmother had 3 boys 2 girls. Both my grandparents were 1 of 10, but tbh my mom just had me call all youth cousins and all adults uncles so I have no idea who is related to who :Rofl: but there are a looot of Thai twins. And I have a thing where I periodically release two eggs which my mom, auntie, and grandmother have. My gyn said it tends to run down the mom's side.

Ty it all worked out in the end. Thai funerals are like three days long. It was intense, but according to my grandmother he moved on and we did a lot of good deeds in his name so hopefully things worked out for him. My g-ma on the other hand is on her last life so when she dies she will be an angel not reincarnated. They say that's why she has had so much bad stuff happen this life to pay for all of her past lives transgressions.

My grandmother had 3 boys 2 girls. Both my grandparents were 1 of 10, but tbh my mom just had me call all youth cousins and all adults uncles so I have no idea who is related to who :Rofl: but there are a looot of Thai twins. And I have a thing where I periodically release two eggs which my mom, auntie, and grandmother have. My gyn said it tends to run down the mom's side.

Ty it all worked out in the end. Thai funerals are like three days long. It was intense, but according to my grandmother he moved on and we did a lot of good deeds in his name so hopefully things worked out for him. My g-ma on the other hand is on her last life so when she dies she will be an angel not reincarnated. They say that's why she has had so much bad stuff happen this life to pay for all of her past lives transgressions.

Wow I find that so interesting - I'm a very spiritual person and I have a very keen interest in anything existentialism related (past lives, reincarnations, quantum psychics, sub conscious mind) etc. Can I ask if you know how your g-ma knows she is on her last life?

We have a lot of witchy/fortune teller type people in my family in Thailand. Her parents had her future read either in pregnancy or as a baby, and they told her that this was her last life. And she really has been through hell and back, but she has always been a good sport about it because of that. She just sees everything as temporary and necessary.

[QUOTEShe just sees everything as temporary and necessary.[/QUOTE]

My sentiments exactly, when I think about life. The good, the bad - it all needs to happen and I trust the process. Probably why people are so dumbfounded at how I can pick myself up so quickly after anything traumatic has ever happened to me.

Awww that's such a good mentality though. Especially since it helps you lead a positive life. :)

Awww that's such a good mentality though. Especially since it helps you lead a positive life. :)

It brings a lot of peace when you have that attitude, I will say that. When you take a step back and look at the big picture, and you are aware that you control every emotion, thought, reaction. It's all just an illusion of sorts. What happens to us is absolutely necessary for personal growth, the whole reason we are here. To experience life in all of it's dimensions.

I love it :)

Hahaha love might be the wrong word. I accept it, I embrace it. Pain is never ever easy, but it's always for our greater good. We need the bad to appreciate the good.

No-one ever said life isn't cruel but the universe only gives us what we need to get closer to our higher selves and when I look back on all the really tough things I've experienced in my life, I now see that I wouldn't be where I am or the person I am today without those lessons. They are but a blip in the big scheme of things.

P.S. I'm not crazy, I'm really not. I'm just very aware.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->