White noise CD

candyfloss

Reaction score
Amazing! W has been bad at falling asleep for a few weeks now, gradually getting worse not better, even rocking, swaying, humming not effective every time, stopped feeding to sleep a while ago (he just won't do it!) and he ends up very overtired and upset, making him even harder to relax and fall asleep.

Well, played a white noise CD to him today while he was crying hysterically as OT, and he calmed down, sucked his thumb for a few minutes, then nestled into my arm and fell asleep! Brilliant!

Tried it again this afternoon while out at a friends, put him in his car seat in their room, played white noise, asleep with no crying again!

I know its a 'prop' and he'll eventually need weaning off it I expect, but at the moment he just needs sleep!!! Guess to wean him off it we'll just play it quieter and for a shorter period over time which will be easier to wean him from than a dummy or being rocked to sleep....so happy we've finally found something that makes him relax enough to sleep :) :)

I have this 'soothing' musical thing,not sure if it's for babies or not,but it has 8 different sounds (summer rain,heart beat,white noise etc) and we usually have it on at night,they like waves and rain,it's super calming,it makes me sleepy :)

We have this on Carters swing chair and his basinette/playpen they both vibrate and play sounds including white noise he loves them both passes out no problem not that he ever had a problem lol all he does is sleep

I just used the radio in between stations (its free!) , Izzy would be asleep in minutes with that on, she very rarely needs it, but it still works when she is agitated.

oooh do you have a link to the white noise CD or that musical thing? i might help jack sleep as he does like the sound of the vacuum or the hairdryer....

omg genius!!!!!!
where did u get the cd?!

my lo falls asleep when i put the hoover on! i did hoover a lot in pregnancy so maybe that helped! lol!!

x

Lol! My OH works in a music studio so he did me one, but have found the radio static works just as well :) And no chance of the CD stopping!

Candyfloss, what is the CD. I've blown out the hairdryer a few times and would love something like this. Lola really calms down the minute the hairdryer is on but it's just not practical.

I thought I'd avoid props, soothers, co-sleeping but quite frankly I'd do anything now to get sleep for both of us. I'd love to know what the CD is.

You can download free white noise for babies from some websites, but my OH made this one at the studio (not sure how!)....

This is the website I was going to use to make a CD, if you buy white noise CDS they seem expensive...

cantonbecker.com/music/white-noise-sleep-sounds/

Hope it works for you as well as its working for us! Play with the volume a bit too, W seems to need it on fairly loud to begin with, then I gradually turn it down a bit, and sort of shhh him too so he has some noise near him (IYKWIM?!).

Was brilliant the las couple nights as my BIL and a couple other people were staying over, and I kept it on as we live in a 2 bed flat and other people aren't as paranoid as me about being quiet so as not to disturb W, and the white noise masked all the talking, doors shutting etc etc that would normally have woken him. Going to turn it off after a couple hours tonight as don't think he needs it all night really.

Good luck!!! ;-)

I've downloaded "Baby Soothe" on my iphone, I sometimes use it to settle my LO is has water sounds - waves,rain and underwater sounds, then there is bird sounds and white noise, well worth 69p x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->