Who buys the in-laws presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kellyc1987

Reaction score
In your household who buys your in-laws or partners families christmas presents?

I usually buy for my family and then buy his mum and nan something small and leave him to get his mum and nan a present too.. But last year I left their presents totally down to him, and when they came for dinner he literally handed them over a £10 note each, I nearly died of embarrassment!

This year even though I have reminded him 200 times he still hasn't got them anything, tomorrow is his only day off and he says he is not going to go shopping because it will be chaos, so I panic bought them some body wash sets/beauty stuff today from him.

Anyway moan over, how is it done in your house?

I buy my family he buys his. Saying that he isnt bad at buying presents. There is no way I could buy presents for his family. None of the women are into perfume, jewellery, chocolate or any other easy to buy items. His dad like betting and the pub and that is pretty much it. They are really hard to buy for.

I usually do, but I don't mind...every year I go Xmas shopping with my mil and I always end up buying her stuff she sees then that she likes. I also end up wrapping all the in laws presents.

That would annoy me though, if I'd specifically asked OH to get them something, I know he would.

I buy for both our families. My DH is exceptionally bad at shopping, I enjoy shopping, so it just makes sense for me to do it. We are very close with his family, so I have no problem buying for them anyways. Honestly, I struggle to get DH to even buy ME a present, let alone his family. he prefers me to just buy my own gift and label it from him. I mean, at least I know I'll like the gift, but it takes away the surprise and thought from him.

I buy everything for our family. The only person DH buys for is me. He can never seem to think of what his parent's or siblings would like, hates shopping and I do like to shop so this is what works for us. That said, sometimes I do wish he would put a little thought into something to get his parents, his dad in particular is tricky to buy for, he has lots of money and gets whatever he wants for himself, every year I ask DH what he would like to get him and every time it's the same answer: "I don't know...what do you think?"

Me I do it! OH hates shopping we were in Sainsburys for a whole of 5mins when he went in a strop 'cos it was "too busy".

I buy, or he'd leave it til the last minute and be totally stuck.

I buy for OH's mum and step-mum. He sorts out what to get his dad cos I'd have no clue there.

Usually we don't buy for extended family as none of them are close by, but i wanted to make sure we got something for his parents as they are always sending money for the kids, so we both went online and brought the stuff together.

I buy for both sides but I do tell him what I am thinking or ask for ideas. He takes ages getting mine I couldn't rely on him to get anyone else's.

I buy my family he buys his. He's really good at buying presents so I have no doubts all the presents he will buy are nice x

I buy and wrap everything. In fact, sometimes DH doesnt know what we've bought for people (our own kids included) until he sees them open it! Lol

I almost always buy for everyone. I did manage to get him to build my mom a present this year though! I'm amazed. I think he enjoyed it.

I do try to ask for ideas or ask his opinion about things for his family and I try to get him to buy the presents, but he doesn't really come up with anything.

I buy mine and he buys for his, I don't like his family so I'm not fussed what he buys for them! I do wrap them in exchange for wine :rofl:

I buy and wrap everything. In fact, sometimes DH doesnt know what we've bought for people (our own kids included) until he sees them open it! Lol

Mine too, lol! There are some years others open gifts, and he asks them what we got them, lol.

I do all that sort of shopping, although my husband does get some Santa presents for our children. My husband could get his own family presents, but I feel more relaxed doing it myself so I know it's done...it would annoy me if his parents didn't have something a few days before Christmas!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"