Who buys the in-laws presents?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll pick toys on amazon for his niece/nephew & he buys them, also buys his parents a gift card for M&S/the garden centre /theatre. x

It depends some times I get the gifts for his family other times he does. He is pretty good at buying gifts though except he likes to leave it last minute and I hate that because I'm the one that wraps his families gifts. I don't mind I love his family.

I buy for both families, I don't mind, I do it in November and he suggests things if he has ideas and helps me wrap them, otherwise he would leave it until the day before and it would also only be cash! (He helps more with our boys as he loves picking out presents for them).

Um it depends what we get. I got his mums and little bro and sis, he got his dads x

We just don't haha. I buy my parents something and DH knows this but he never makes the effort to buy anything for his so :shrug: to be fair they aren't really a big part of our lives. We rarely see them.

They don't get us anything either but they do buy for the kids :)

ETA: I make cookies for friends and family for Christmas so I guess we do give them something as I send over a huge plate of homemade cookies :rofl:

We chose together but I do the actual buying. He'd just forget... Lol.

We buy for both families together, we either go to the shops together or this year we did an amazon order. We sit down before and work out roughly what we want to get everyone.

I buy them all. Last year I left it to oh and on Christmas eve he went to home bargains and bought loads of random things then wrapped them all together in an awful looking parcel!

I buy and wrap everything. In fact, sometimes DH doesnt know what we've bought for people (our own kids included) until he sees them open it! Lol

^^^ THIS! It drives me nuts. His family is huge and he's always very unappreciative that I've spent ages, and just waltzes in with the presents like he's the one who spent the time arranging.

I buy and wrap everything. In fact, sometimes DH doesnt know what we've bought for people (our own kids included) until he sees them open it! Lol

^^^ THIS! It drives me nuts. His family is huge and he's always very unappreciative that I've spent ages, and just waltzes in with the presents like he's the one who spent the time arranging.

My DH is the exact same! He sits on Xmas eve as I lay out the presents and asks what's in each of the kids piles :dohh:

This year neither is are buying for the in laws...well I'm assuming DH will have a change of heart last minute and rush out tomorrow to buy for his mum but we refuse to buy the others. His whole family are all about the money spent, they fail to see we are a young family with three kids to support! Last year I was pretty pleased with the gifts, both his aunties got a Yankee wax melt burner and a voucher for a restaurant. His mum then text us last week... 'What have you got 'aunties'? They weren't overly impressed with last years gifts!' Tell ya what...they can get a big fat nothing! They also told us if we wanted to attend the family Xmas day dinner at his aunties which we got invited to back in august then we needed a babysitter as it was adults only?! Officially done with that lot! xx

This year neither is are buying for the in laws...well I'm assuming DH will have a change of heart last minute and rush out tomorrow to buy for his mum but we refuse to buy the others. His whole family are all about the money spent, they fail to see we are a young family with three kids to support! Last year I was pretty pleased with the gifts, both his aunties got a Yankee wax melt burner and a voucher for a restaurant. His mum then text us last week... 'What have you got 'aunties'? They weren't overly impressed with last years gifts!' Tell ya what...they can get a big fat nothing! They also told us if we wanted to attend the family Xmas day dinner at his aunties which we got invited to back in august then we needed a babysitter as it was adults only?! Officially done with that lot! xx

:saywhat: Yeah, I'd be pretty unimpressed with someone saying that about a heartfelt gift too. What. the. heck. They can buy their own if its really that much of an issue to them what others give them. I hate when people let greediness overcome the actual season of giving and being grateful for gifts.

And an adult only meal on Christmas day? Who in there right mind does that, and expects any babysitters to be available? I'd imagine they are all spending the day with their families, like they should be.

:saywhat: Yeah, I'd be pretty unimpressed with someone saying that about a heartfelt gift too. What. the. heck. They can buy their own if its really that much of an issue to them what others give them. I hate when people let greediness overcome the actual season of giving and being grateful for gifts.

And an adult only meal on Christmas day? Who in there right mind does that, and expects any babysitters to be available? I'd imagine they are all spending the day with their families, like they should be.

Thats so cheeky
We only buy for the kids in family!!

I just buy everything. I get dh input and ask if he thinks stuff will be ok or if he has any ideas but it's mainly me. I don't mind. I love doing it

dh tends to buy his dad some alcohol set and t shirt, his mum some photo thing and brother comedy dvd's so I just leave to him. His mum will do an Oscar winning performance of over reaction over whatever we get anyway so you never know if she actually likes something. With inlaws its all an act while his mum sticks a camera in your face then his mum bitches behind your back lol. I do wrap everything. DH got me to buy bil girl friend this year which was hard as I have never even met the girl and dh who met her once asked his mum and she said something girly and didn't just want to get cheap smellies for her.

I buy for everyone except myself. He doesn't really have chance to shop and I do so just easier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"