Who does she look more like?

I kinda thought they were the same person.. Will say left though. I'm intrigued!

Okay. The explanation.

Very often, my daughter is mistaken as being the daughter of the male on the right. The male on the right is my ex-husband. But, I guess, in a way, it's not fair to say "mistaken". He IS her father on her birth certificate...

...but the male on the left, my boyfriend, is her biological father.

Confused?

Three years ago my ex and I split and filled out divorce papers. I wanted more children, he did not and it just wasn't working. I decided to go the donor route, and M, on the left, donated. I was pregnant on the first donation, and four months later, my ex and I decided to try again. He said he wanted to be her dad, she would have his last name, etc, and that is what happened. He completely changed after she was born..but I'm not going into that here. It is all in my journal in my signature.

M and I kept in contact over the last three years, and I sent him photos and videos of our daughter so he could stay updated on her. And, well, over three years, we kind of kindled something, and last month decided to try a relationship.

So..they're both her dad. She does not know about M, but will one day, and she calls my ex, Daddy.

I guess I was just curious as to who she looks more like, cuz she DOES somewhat resemble my ex-husband, but when I look at the three together, I see her resembling M more.

Her biological father is a spit image, so I can't see how she can be mistaken for your ex. I think it's great how it's fallen into place nicely, and I wish you the best.

Did you already know M before the donation? I'm intrigued how you managed to track him down after being successful if that wasn't the case. :) x

Just to add - you may see your ex-husband in her because you're familiar with his face and try to picture it in your mind, with your daughter's. People turn into others visually after so long, if that makes sense?

M and I had emailed back and forth getting to know basics about each other. He wanted to make sure I was responsible and clean, and of course, me the same. We also had to work out an agreement. Then we got into texting for a few weeks.

The first time we met face to face was the day we did the insemination, and while initially it was agreed that the only contact would be for medical emergencies (such as genetic testing), if she ever wanted to meet him (not til she's 18), birth, and God forbid, passing, we just kept kinda emailing back and forth and developed a really good friendship. Now it's going to the next step and we are going to start TTC later this month.

That story was confusing, i read it twice, but a totally awesome result that she has two Daddys!

i would say the guy with brown eyes, she has brown eyes, the other guy has blue and you have blue so would say the brown eyes have to come from somewhere and not knowing you rfamily history i will jsut go for the obvious and say the guy with brown

lol i replied without even reading the result, and i was right hehe.

brilliant back story!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->