Who has circumcised their little boy?

The cleanliness argument is a little silly. If you teach your son good personal hygiene there shouldn't be a problem
xx

im 100% against it. i see it as unnecessary and cruel and no point to it. all boys are born with it and its a natural part of them.

awful. Its his foreskin let him decide what to do with it. Don't believe it doesn't hurt , how can it not?. As for religious reasons, he may not even wish to follow that religion when given facts and makes his own mind up!
And as for being cleaner??? wash it !!!

Coccyx i love you!

awful. Its his foreskin let him decide what to do with it. Don't believe it doesn't hurt , how can it not?. As for religious reasons, he may not even wish to follow that religion when given facts and makes his own mind up!
And as for being cleaner??? wash it !!!

This makes so much sense! and really does put this age old argument to bed :thumbup:

But letting him decide means that the choice isn't between a small relatively painless and quick to heal procedure and not one but a much more serious procedure and not one. Most men you ask about if they were to have a circumcision, would they choose to have it when they were babies or when they were more conscious and it would be a bigger deal would choose the former.

In terms of pain or consent, vaccinations can be called to question on the same level.

Of course you can teach your boys hygiene but boys aren't that hygienic. I know boys at uni who didn't shower for days or weeks, and one house party I went to, in one of the rooms, a boy had not washed his quilt cover for an obviously long time and it was covered in white stains. :sick: I doubt any of these boys were NOT taught to be hygienic.

Circumcision does lead to less willy problems. Including cancer. Although having just googled this apparently this protection only applies when babies are c'd not adults. I have no idea why.

I'm not putting these arguments forward as reasons TO circ' boys but reasons as to why people from cultures where it is regularly done will not stop doing it. You can say it's barbaric all your want but until a viable argument is put forward people aren't going to listen. :shrug: The consent issue isn't convincing as we do things to your babies daily without their consent, the barbarism argument is, if i'm honest, plain funny to those who practice it, especially since the history of imperialism means white people have been spending most of history trying to tell non white people how they are barbaric for almost anything they choose to do (including not wear appropriate clothing), the argument that boys can be taught hygiene and hence it isn't necessary is a valid one but 1. boys don't always do as they're told especially in matters of hygiene and 2. to this day c'd boys/men have less issues in regards to penile problems. On top of all that, the procedure is so quick to do and heal and although may not be painless is pretty near it with modern means.

So the only valid argument I've heard in the last however many pages is that the procedure can be dangerous. That's the only one that can say has any affect on me and that's the only one that would convince me to reconsider and i imagine the same for other people. :shrug:

In terms of pain or consent, vaccinations can be called to question on the same level.
Vaccinations protect children against some life-threatening illnesses... something circumcision does not. I'm also pretty sure that you can't really compare an injection to cutting pieces off a person's body.

Of course you can teach your boys hygiene but boys aren't that hygienic. I know boys at uni who didn't shower for days or weeks, and one house party I went to, in one of the rooms, a boy had not washed his quilt cover for an obviously long time and it was covered in white stains. :sick: I doubt any of these boys were NOT taught to be hygienic.
It must make you wonder how the human race has survived without circumcision hey?!

Circumcision does lead to less willy problems. Including cancer. Although having just googled this apparently this protection only applies when babies are c'd not adults. I have no idea why.
I personally have never heard of this! I'd be surprised if circumcision prevented cancer!!

I'm not putting these arguments forward as reasons TO circ' boys but reasons as to why people from cultures where it is regularly done will not stop doing it. You can say it's barbaric all your want but until a viable argument is put forward people aren't going to listen. :shrug: The consent issue isn't convincing as we do things to your babies daily without their consent, the barbarism argument is, if i'm honest, plain funny to those who practice it, especially since the history of imperialism means white people have been spending most of history trying to tell non white people how they are barbaric for almost anything they choose to do (including not wear appropriate clothing),
What on earth has this got to do with the price of fish?! I've not once mentioned race... because that has nothing to do with it! Cutting parts off babies IS barbaric.

the argument that boys can be taught hygiene and hence it isn't necessary is a valid one but 1. boys don't always do as they're told especially in matters of hygiene
quite a blanket statement there!!
and 2. to this day c'd boys/men have less issues in regards to penile problems. On top of all that, the procedure is so quick to do and heal and although may not be painless is pretty near it with modern means.
i'm sure that for the baby who is having it's penis cut open by a stranger in a mask, it must feel like a lifetime and not a quick procedure at all... and then there's the pain on top of that. I'm not sure which "penile problems" you're talking about - again, it was quite a blanket statement.

But letting him decide means that the choice isn't between a small relatively painless and quick to heal procedure and not one but a much more serious procedure and not one. Most men you ask about if they were to have a circumcision, would they choose to have it when they were babies or when they were more conscious and it would be a bigger deal would choose the former.

This. My OH actually has a friend who got it done when he was 18 (not for medical reasons). He was in diaper like underwear for days and said it was horribly painful, in fact he was immensely angry at his parents for not doing it when he was a baby.

The pain argument gets on my nerves, kids are subjected to small amounts of pain. Yes, vaccinations aren't comparable to cutting off foreskin BUT when we speak of pain can be very painful. I had a bad reaction to one when I was little and I remember it being one of the worst experiences of my life -- my arm felt like it was going to fall off.
After a few vax's my son was MUCH more upset and in pain then after his foreskin was removed.
Yes, my friend's son slept through the procedure...we can argue pain all we want here BUT many people I know (who had their sons circ'd w/a lot of precautionary care to prevent pain) said their sons didn't even seem to notice having it done.
The only argument for circ I really get (other then the slight possibility something bad could happen) is that it's his foreskin and maybe he can decide what he wants later on, should be his decision.
My OH is very pleased with his parents decision to circ him as is almost any man I know where this conversation has come up -- that said OH wants sons circ'd, it's going to happen. I don't see it as a big deal if done correctly and in the best manner possible. I really won't ever be convinced otherwise.
Call it barbaric all you want..."OMG I AM CHOPPING OFF PIECES OF MY BABY"....that's just not the way I or many others see it (including many men who have actually had it done to them). :flower:
Those that think it's barbaric probably think I am some horrible mother....a bit dramatic calling foreskin removal that IMO considering barbaric means "savagely cruel". I am such a damn savage.

Do babies sleep through being cut, or do they pass out from the pain? I mean, really. It's a knife slicing their skin open.

Do babies sleep through being cut, or do they pass out from the pain? I mean, really. It's a knife slicing their skin open.

No he was taken in sleeping and left sleeping, that was my friends kid anyway. My first son didn't even seem to notice and wasn't crying after..he was awake though.

If a penis is completely numb why would they pass out from the pain? Do you feel dental work being done if you are numbed correctly?

ETA: It wasn't my choice but when I was little my mom took me in to get that web above your two front teeth inside your mouth cut out because it was too low making braces have issues closing a gap in my teeth. I didn't feel it though, it was numbed.

No he was taken in sleeping and left sleeping, that was my friends kid anyway. My first son didn't even seem to notice and wasn't crying after..he was awake though.

If a penis is completely numb why would they pass out from the pain? Do you feel dental work being done if you are numbed correctly?

Sorry, I mean those who do not using numbing. There are some who feel that numbing is not even necessary and that the baby sleeps through. Thank you for clarifying I did not realize you meant with numbing.

Sorry, I mean those who do not using numbing. There are some who feel that numbing is not even necessary and that the baby sleeps through. Thank you for clarifying I did not realize you meant with numbing.

I don't think it's okay w/o numbing. That's just me....
Depending on the procedure, especially with Mogen they say it's done so fast numbing isn't needed. If numbing is available I don't see why people wouldn't do it!

Depending on the procedure, especially with Mogen they say it's done so fast numbing isn't needed. If numbing is available I don't see why people wouldn't do it!

I think some people (I'm sure not many, but there are some) do have the misconception that it is painless without it.

I think some people (I'm sure not many, but there are some) do have the misconception that it is painless without it.

I would disagree with that notion too. If a shot is quick and hurts many times so a cut to the skin would definitely be painful without proper numbing. We all know what cuts feel like...
I thought most of the time it's numbed by professionals (my son's doc uses a topical and then a numbing shot, topical first so the shot isn't even felt). I wouldn't do it if it weren't numbed in such a state.

You say the human race survived without circumcision and of course it did but MANY cultures thought it wiser to introduce the practice. Why do you think this occured? Could it be perhaps that it was seen as preventing certain problems? :shrug: Or did one day someone think "I know lets start chopping bits of willy off for a laugh!"

And my point was that calling it barbaric is not only narrow minded and extreme but it gets the debate nowhere. It just makes me laugh. You can call me barbaric all you like but as november1984 said, we must be savages then. Ho hum. I'll go along and sharpen my flints and torturing tools to punish my children for not eating live boar or some such nonsense isn't it? :winkwink:

Also, considering herd immunity and also the fact that there can be reactions to vaccinations, what is the likelihood of kids getting certain diseased they are vaccinated against?

And penile cancer is less common in boys/men who are c'd as babies. Sorry if that upsets but I think cancer is a pretty life threatening thing last time I checked. Admittedly UTIs are not but again, much less common in c'd men.

As for boys tending to not be very hygienic. Yes its a blanket statement. A bit like teenage boys can tend to be aggressive. Or girls tend not to like video games whereas boys do. Girls tend to be tidier and cleaner. I love video games and am a relatively untidy and messy person. I could jump up and down and shout as to how it's not fair and a blanket statement but realistically I know what such blanket statements mean. Do i meet LOADS of other girls who like video games? Did I love living with other girls at uni because they were tidy and clean? We can try and be awkward or we can be honest and say that such blanket statements are born of true and quite fair assessments of life around us. :shrug:

And as I said, it's not about giving reasons to TO circ boys but reasons not to. I don't care if you don't or if a man isn't or how well you can teach your sons hygiene.

If you insist on calling me barbaric (which admittedly I'm not YET as I have no sons) it makes you seem hysterical to me. There are things which I see as barbaric in life, and I would prefer not to be compared to those people who do those things because I know I am not one of them but ultimately if you choose to have that opinion and refuse to change it, all it does is isolate you from me and I from you. We as members of the human race will not interact. You will not wish to know someone you think is on par with people who torture, commit rape and instigate war crimes and I won't want to be in the company of someone who sees me as such. But demonising others is in my opinion one of the prime problems we have as it dehumanises people and it is the cause of much unfairness and injustice in the world but ultimately if you BELIEVE that I am barbaric (or may be at some stage of my life) then obviously nothing can change that and you are in your right to isolate yourself from the cruel and savage people that I and other mothers on this forum (such as nmwb78 or november1984) are.

SO there's nothing left to debate. :flower:

The reduction of cancer is very small. Not big enough to warrant a surgical procedure on a young baby. Whose immume system is no where near developed which increases the risk of infection. My nephew was on a lot of pain when circumsised. I am sure babies are to. Childrem can ofte. Go into themselves when in pain,which I have witnessed as a mother and a student nurse xx

The reduction of cancer is very small. Not big enough to warrant a surgical procedure on a young baby. Whose immume system is no where near developed which increases the risk of infection. My nephew was on a lot of pain when circumsised. I am sure babies are to. Childrem can ofte. Go into themselves when in pain,which I have witnessed as a mother and a student nurse xx

you may not feel its not big enough to warrant the procedure done but other mothers do feel it is... just sayin :) my sons are both circd and Im very confident in my decision for them I know it was probably painful for a bit but they dont remember it and they are happy healthy boys :) I honestly think that as the circ rate goes down years from now when the uncircd boys are grown the circ rate of getting it done later in life will go up drastically then it will be recommended again and people on here will be fighting for circ but hey I may be wrong...

I have a big family mostly men. Only one has had to be circ. I don't think there will be a rise as not many people in the UK circ anyway. And if it was a huge problem the NHS would deem it nessicary to do it at birth
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"