Who has circumcised their little boy?

Aside from any of the myriad other issues, one stat I read recently that threw this subject into sharp focus was that in the US, approximately 117 baby boys die each year from complications of circumcision surgery. In comparison, 115 die from SIDS. I found that hugely shocking and tragic. :cry:

:shock:
I actually had no idea people put their babies through surgery for this procedure.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. How else would you amputate a foreskin?

plasti bell using a ring with some numbing cream & the bell will pop out by itself after the skin is dead by it's own. Non surgical

The fitting of the plastibell is a surgical procedure. :shrug:

I think I may have unwittingly introduced a semantic confusion into what I was saying. The death stats relate to complications following circumcision procedures. I used surgery as a general term. I think it may have muddied the water though, so sorry if it made things unclear.

Aw shucks guys! :blush::haha:

LOL feeling superior on a forum. How very sad. You know people like me in real life? Doubt it.

Shame you didn't address any of my points huh? Keep talking... whatever helps you sleep at night. :flower:

It's because I'm not sat at a computer jabbing away all night. Just saw your little speech on my phone. Seriously look at all your posts? Get a real life & crawl down off your pathetic web stool. All so softy softy, you don't know each other! Opinions are allowed, that's what they should be. Not pc apologies to people like you.

Aside from any of the myriad other issues, one stat I read recently that threw this subject into sharp focus was that in the US, approximately 117 baby boys die each year from complications of circumcision surgery. In comparison, 115 die from SIDS. I found that hugely shocking and tragic. :cry:

:shock:
I actually had no idea people put their babies through surgery for this procedure.

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean. How else would you amputate a foreskin?

By numbing it and snipping it (sorry if that upsets!). I think that's a FAR more common way of having it done. That's what Rabbis do and that's what every Muslim family I know does. :shrug: I've never heard up until this point today of little babies being put in surgery for the procedure. But then I suppose I don't spend a lot of time talking about circumcision. :shrug:

Numbing it and snipping it is surgery. I think you're using "surgery" as a term to refer only to procedures under general anaesthetic? Most circumcisions are performed with no anaesthesia or local anaesthesia. It's still a surgical procedure though.

Sorry. I thought we were going on from the "under anaesthetic/medication" tangent. My brain always computes surgery with general anaesthetic. :shrug:

Sorry. I thought we were going on from the "under anaesthetic/medication" tangent. My brain always computes surgery with general anaesthetic. :shrug:

I should have just said 'procedure' and avoided the tangent. :dohh: Hey, but try telling someone undergoing neurosurgery while fully conscious that it's not surgery because they're awake. :haha:

LOL feeling superior on a forum. How very sad. You know people like me in real life? Doubt it.

Shame you didn't address any of my points huh? Keep talking... whatever helps you sleep at night. :flower:

It's because I'm not sat at a computer jabbing away all night. Just saw your little speech on my phone. Seriously look at all your posts? Get a real life & crawl down off your pathetic web stool. All so softy softy, you don't know each other! Opinions are allowed, that's what they should be. Not pc apologies to people like you.

:rofl: Your life and your outlook are too superior for me. Poor lil me. I must go crawl away and hide from your absolute honesty and your superior life. Woe is me. I wish I was as amazing as you are. Your life where you only have time to insult and react but never to address and respond. If only I could be like that. *goes off crying*

When the insults leave ideas and get personal you know you've lost the argument right? :shrug:

You must of lost 7 pages ago then? I will address, when I have time. I have a life to attend to, with real people. Imagine that.

You must of lost 7 pages ago then? I will address, when I have time. I have a life to attend to, with real people. Imagine that.

Please don't put yourself out. I can understand with all your time spent living so much and being so honest that its a wonder you can even log on to a computer for time is sparse! This conversation/debate/discussion will have to learn to move on without you. Ah well...

Hi ladies. Points made. Some with some against circ. Accusing parents of causing unnecessary pain on purpose is not nice. Life is fully of pain, it's something they will never remember. It's done for cutural/medical/religious beliefs & arguing about the whole issue won't change what people believe in, it will only make them more irritated & defensive. There is a nice thread about xmas & birthday presents which is more useful to our LOs. It's a festive season, Eid, Xmas & New year are coming soon, Many of our LOs will be one soon. I think it's better to move this negative energy that's flying around to a more positive attitude. Big hugs xx

I should have just said 'procedure' and avoided the tangent. :dohh: Hey, but try telling someone undergoing neurosurgery while fully conscious that it's not surgery because they're awake. :haha:

Back to the discussion. :blush:

I actually think this is the first thing that would actually make me reconsider having it done to my (as yet, imaginary) son. I suppose at present I wouldn't want to look in to the actual details as it seem a bit heavy considering I don't have a son, but it would be something I will/would definitely look into if or when I have one.

If it ever got to that stage I can just imagine having a fake circumcision for the older folks, with fake foreskins... :rofl: I think it's getting late and I should go to bed very soon! :blush:

I'd just like to clarify that the last paragraph was a joke before the daily mail print something scandalising the whole comment.

Hi ladies. Points made. Some with some against circ. Accusing parents of causing unnecessary pain on purpose is not nice. Life is fully of pain, it's something they will never remember. It's done for cutural/medical/religious beliefs & arguing about the whole issue won't change what people believe in, it will only make them more irritated & defensive. There is a nice thread about xmas & birthday presents which is more useful to our LOs. It's a festive season, Eid, Xmas & New year are coming soon, Many of our LOs will be one soon. I think it's better to move this negative energy that's flying around to a more positive attitude. Big hugs xx

i dont think anyone is accusing any parent for causing uncessary pain on their LO....at least i dont see that in any post here, maybe too much reading into things being said?

I think the point being made, (from me) is that, i dont like the idea of circumsision and that mainly based on the fact that it causes pain and i dont think thats fair if its not necessary. Im not calling people bad evil parents, its just my opinion and im surprised but glad there are other people that agree with me.

At least now there are pain medications avaible, my heart goes out to all those little boys many years ago who had to have it done with out pain meds because there werent any!

ps, im not being horrible, but redpoppy and SJT - cut out the bitchy back and forth convrsation in public, take it to PM's if you must continue it, but dont ruin threads with it, especially one that is always a hot topic of debate.*hugs*

i dont think anyone is accusing any parent for causing uncessary pain on their LO....at least i dont see that in any post here, maybe too much reading into things being said?

I think the point being made, (from me) is that, i dont like the idea of circumsision and that mainly based on the fact that it causes pain and i dont think thats fair if its not necessary. Im not calling people bad evil parents, its just my opinion and im surprised but glad there are other people that agree with me.

At least now there are pain medications avaible, my heart goes out to all those little boys many years ago who had to have it done with out pain meds because there werent any!

It wasn't directed at you as far as I'm aware. :flower:

*shrugs* regardless i felt the need to say something, i dont want an argument starting up over something i feel wasnt said or meant in a malicious way. im a peace loving person :flower:

Yeah Redpoppy - how dare you make a valid point, and express it articulately and inoffensively. Shame on you. :haha:

*shrugs* regardless i felt the need to say something, i dont want an argument starting up over something i feel wasnt said or meant in a malicious way. im a peace loving person :flower:

Personally, the only thing I found offensive, and I don't remember who said it, was calling it mutilation.... it sounds accusatory to the parent OKing the procedure IMO.

Removing body parts for cultural reasons? It is mutilation especially if uneccesary. Why make excuses, if I cut my babies ear off for no reason other than my cultural preference you'd think I was bonkers!

Here is it. :thumbup:

ps, im not being horrible, but redpoppy and SJT - cut out the bitchy back and forth convrsation in public, take it to PM's if you must continue it, but dont ruin threads with it, especially one that is always a hot topic of debate.*hugs*

Wasn't directed at you :dohh:

It was a general post.

No circ here.

As for the rest....

https://img227.imageshack.us/img227/4313/61vx3rqrl8uy7.gif

Yeah Redpoppy - how dare you make a valid point, and express it articulately and inoffensively. Shame on you. :haha:

Just a shame that you SJT seems to think that just because you don't know the people on here you shouldn't respect others well IMO you shouldn't be on a forum talking with others if you could care less about them and their feelings. Redpoppy has a way with words and I agree with her posts thank you redpoppy :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->