Who has circumcised their little boy?

We did it when he was 1 day old. They used a Gomco clamp and I was there the whole time. He barely noticed the procedure and it healed very quickly.
We did the research and in the end I would have been happy doing it or not. I told my husband that since he's got boy parts that he got to make the final decision. My husband is circumcised and likes it that way. He also liked that there's a chance it could prevent some STD's and decrease the chances of UTI's.

I wouldn't do it to Leni because he doesn't have a say in it, however i don't have medical/religious reasons pushing me to do so.

IMO regarding the STI's/cleanliness thing - just teach your child to wash his bits, and reinforce the fact that a condom should always be used.

We live in the US, husband is circumcised and we still didn't get it done with our son. We just didn't see the need for it.

I've seen photos of a boy being circumcised and it disturbed me. I could never do it unless it was for medical purposes. Unsure about religious reasons to but then I'll never have that pressure

If we have a little boy some day, DH wants him circ to be like him. :)

I'm really impressed with how well this is going! I posted a similar thread in 3rd tri and it got a bit nasty!

We were under quite a bit of pressure to get Mika circ'd from my family and it is very common where I live. In fact, I was in a public restroom changing Mika when he was about a week old ( I think) and some random old lady said "o my goodness you didn't get him circumcised?!" and started ranting at me about it, lol.

In the end, we decided not to circ him because we didn't feel the procedure was necessary (OH isn't either) but I certainly understand why some people do. In the end, we all want what is best for our boys and I think that as long as parents make informed decisions, its fine either way.

I'm really impressed with how well this is going! I posted a similar thread in 3rd tri and it got a bit nasty!

We were under quite a bit of pressure to get Mika circ'd from my family and it is very common where I live. In fact, I was in a public restroom changing Mika when he was about a week old ( I think) and some random old lady said "o my goodness you didn't get him circumcised?!" and started ranting at me about it, lol.

In the end, we decided not to circ him because we didn't feel the procedure was necessary (OH isn't either) but I certainly understand why some people do. In the end, we all want what is best for our boys and I think that as long as parents make informed decisions, its fine either way.

I think thats what would annoy me most, someone saying why havnt you or why have you got it done, especialy some stranger like that

It did, and at the time I was speechless. And it was odd because everyone who saw I had a newborn boy asked if I got him circumcised, which weirded me out. I finally started saying "no, is your husband?." And I told my mom that we didn't circumcise him because sex is better with an uncut man and I wanted his girlfriends to be happy. It embarrassed her enough she stopped asking.

we had our LO done, not for religious reasons... but we know adult men who have had to get it done, and would not want him to go through that. they snipped and pulled the skin back - and we just had to make sure the skin didn't creep back up. He wasn't in any pain at all during the procedure (or if he was, he didn't show it), I had a hard time leading up to the procedure, it's tough knowing that they'll be in some pain/discomfort (I cry during his needles too lol) they gave him a local anesthetic and he only cried for about 30 minutes after the procedure was over until the tylenol set in. after that he was fine. I don't regret the decision, and if we have another son we'll get him done as well - to each their own though, there is no right/wrong IMO.

I had my best friend, her OH and his mother all ganging up on me re this!! Was rather odd talking about my best friends Fiance being circumsised. Anyhoo they were all banging on about how I should do it and how if my Best Friend had a boy she would definately do it.

I don't know anyone that is circumsised (apart from BF's Fiance) and I see no need whatsoever to do it uneccessarily. If it was for medical reasons and LO was in pain then I'd do it no question, but he's perfectly fine so I see no need. His bits are gonna remain in tact.

I appreciate everybody has their own opinion on this but to be lynched in my friends kitchen they were lucky I didn't start chopping bits off them:growlmad:

I had my best friend, her OH and his mother all ganging up on me re this!! Was rather odd talking about my best friends Fiance being circumsised. Anyhoo they were all banging on about how I should do it and how if my Best Friend had a boy she would definately do it.

I don't know anyone that is circumsised (apart from BF's Fiance) and I see no need whatsoever to do it uneccessarily. If it was for medical reasons and LO was in pain then I'd do it no question, but he's perfectly fine so I see no need. His bits are gonna remain in tact.

I appreciate everybody has their own opinion on this but to be lynched in my friends kitchen they were lucky I didn't start chopping bits off them:growlmad:

That's uncalled for. They really should have respected your decision. I'm sorry that they did that to you because I'd be just as angry if anyone did that to me the other way around.

Thanks Seity. At the time they made me feel really uncomfortable and like it was dirty to not have it done. Her MIL is such a pushy woman anyway and I must say it was more her than my friend and her OH. I personally think it's up to the individuals if they want to get their son's circumcised or not but they were really pushing me with it and it was not nice. I didn't really know what to say as I felt rather bullied :nope:

Like I said, my personal choice is to not have it done unless for a medical reason but I respect others decision if they choose to get it done.

You see, even other peoples mother in laws are a nightmare :haha:

I actually got in an argument with a girl at my playgroup last night about this very topic. I just told her my opinion about how I think it's kind of mean and she flipped out on me. (She has a boy who is circumcised.) I told her I'm not judging but I just don't approve. I got the meanest email today saying that if I don't circumcise my boys they will be dirty and be made fun of in school. She said I don't think about my child's future and my daughter behaves horribly because I don't discipline her. (She's 11 months and gets into stuff. She's cleary too young to know any better.) :(:( So needless to say, I deleted and blocked her on facebook and have now been outcasted out of my playgroup because I have an opinion that is different than the 'norm'. I think overall circumcision is a parents choice and there is no right/wrong way to do it. In the US it's normal and pretty much expected.

It took us 6 months to get our son circ'd in the uk. Hubby is jewish and I am converting so it was mainly a religious decision.

It turned out to be the right one, we were told after the procedure his foreskin was so tight he would have needed it done anyway. Im glad we did it before he remembers it:thumbup:

Its very much each to their own:flower:

I actually got in an argument with a girl at my playgroup last night about this very topic. I just told her my opinion about how I think it's kind of mean and she flipped out on me. (She has a boy who is circumcised.) I told her I'm not judging but I just don't approve. I got the meanest email today saying that if I don't circumcise my boys they will be dirty and be made fun of in school. She said I don't think about my child's future and my daughter behaves horribly because I don't discipline her. (She's 11 months and gets into stuff. She's cleary too young to know any better.) :(:( So needless to say, I deleted and blocked her on facebook and have now been outcasted out of my playgroup because I have an opinion that is different than the 'norm'. I think overall circumcision is a parents choice and there is no right/wrong way to do it. In the US it's normal and pretty much expected.

how absolutely horrible!!! I don't understand why people feel the need to push their opinions on others, especially to that extreme. :hugs:

I don't have a son but me & OH agree we would have any sons we do have circumcised. OH was for medical reasons but he is so grateful that he was. We just see a lot more benefits than negatives to having it done, and I can't imagine why, when the boy is older, he would ever resent your decision to circumcise him.
Before I met my OH I'd never known anyone who was circumcised, and I don't think I'd have even considered it if it wasn't for him, so I definitely understand and respect both view points.

how absolutely horrible!!! I don't understand why people feel the need to push their opinions on others, especially to that extreme. :hugs:

Yeah. I honestly have never been treated more horribly in my life so now I'm a bit scared to even bother finding a new playgroup. You'd think mothers would treat eachother with more respect when we are all in the same boat. :roll:

Unless for medical reasons I am not getting LO circumcised. I don't have a reason to (whether it be family, area, religion etc). so I don't feel the need.
However, I certainly do not judge people on what they choose to do regarding this. At the end of the day a boy is a boy and a willy is a willy :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->