Who has circumcised their little boy?

Done for religious reasons. plastibell method. He was 3 days old. Was sleeping before, during & after the procedure. It didnt bother him afterward, & we didnt give him any medication or even apply vaseline. We used to bath him everyday, & change his nappies as usual. The ring popped out at day 8.

Where I'm from (UK) it's not the norm. I have never seen a circumcised one in real life (have worked in hospitals as a carer for years so have seen / had to wash a lot of man bits in my time!) only on the TV. So it would never occur to me to have my son done. I would be a little uncomfortable I think too as he is not able to give his consent or tell me he wants it done as a baby so would rather wait until he was older when he could tell me if he wanted it done.

thanks for your replies, i really didnt know it was so common in the USA...

i dont really get this i thought with boys you werent supposed to pull the forskin back at all so why would you chop it off all together?

It did, and at the time I was speechless. And it was odd because everyone who saw I had a newborn boy asked if I got him circumcised, which weirded me out. I finally started saying "no, is your husband?." And I told my mom that we didn't circumcise him because sex is better with an uncut man and I wanted his girlfriends to be happy. It embarrassed her enough she stopped asking.

:laugh2: I just loved your response, lol.

I also live in the UK and not only do I now know anyone who has had it done/would consider it for their son but everyone I know would find it very odd. I would never consider it, I am not really sure why someone would get it done and was surprised to learn that people do it for non-religious reasons. It is other peoples choice to decide how to bring their kids up but for me I think it would be more appropriate to teach my son the importance of cleaning properly rather than causing him pain and potentially de-sensitising the area and never allowing him to make his own decision about it. I can't help but think if you want to get rid of something "just in case" something goes wrong with it then why not remove tonsils and the appendix at birth? I am not judging those who choose to have their son circumcised, I am just saying I don't really understand the reasons.

Once again, I want to stress I am not trying to argue and judging those who get it done! :cry:

i dont really get this i thought with boys you werent supposed to pull the forskin back at all so why would you chop it off all together?

Beacuse if you pull it back it could tear or tighten around the end and cut of blood supply and become infected, circumsision is different in the fact its controlled with a cut ( I dont know the full detailes)

this is O.T and has nothing to do with our children obviously, but my OH has been circumcised and i find it alot more attractive than someone who hasn't been! lots of my friends ask what it's like though :laugh2: i find it really hard to believe that so many people have never even seen one lol xx

this is O.T and has nothing to do with our children obviously, but my OH has been circumcised and i find it alot more attractive than someone who hasn't been! lots of my friends ask what it's like though :laugh2: i find it really hard to believe that so many people have never even seen one lol xx

Iv never seen one and must admit to being a bit curious.
Did anyone watch Eastenders last night with jodie screaming at a nacked Darren and running out :)

Iv never seen one and must admit to being a bit curious.
Did anyone watch Eastenders last night with jodie screaming at a nacked Darren and running out :)

haha i know! she's veeeeeeeeery annoying.. ! how can he go from Libby to someone like her? :wacko:

what was the screaming about? she never seen a willy before or was he like small or something or massive?

why am I wondering what his penis size is now ?? ewww lol

dam I thought I hit the eastenders thread there lol

what was the screaming about? she never seen a willy before or was he like small or something or massive?

why am I wondering what his penis size is now ?? ewww lol

dam I thought I hit the eastenders thread there lol

Because she has never seen an un cut one before.

oh right, I dont have a clue about her. I never seen a cut one before. And I was a care assistant and see a lot.

Same with me! I think it looks far nicer.

I had to google to see there, hate them thinks they strap babies to but get ye idea. Still think all penis's are horrid looking, in fact all genitalia is horrible looking to me.

My OH is circumcised and he has said he wants my lo to be done too, but i would never allow him to be unless there was a medical reason. My OH had it done at about 11 or so due to medical reasons and he said it was awful. Seems that its a lot kinder to be done as a baby than when theyre a bit older x

I just googled the plastibell method out of curiosity and went onto a website that showed a bunch of pictures of tiny babies in restraint things with their faces looking as though they are in agony while its being done!! Yuk.
I havent really ever had an opinion on this but after seeing the pictures i think im against it now! I cried seeing my LO have his second imms yesterday afternoon, i hate to think how i could cope with him screaming in agony from having something like that done to him. Poor babies! I think it could at least be done when they are a bit older and can have something to numb it!

I just googled the plastibell method out of curiosity and went onto a website that showed a bunch of pictures of tiny babies in restraint things with their faces looking as though they are in agony while its being done!! Yuk.
I havent really ever had an opinion on this but after seeing the pictures i think im against it now! I cried seeing my LO have his second imms yesterday afternoon, i hate to think how i could cope with him screaming in agony from having something like that done to him. Poor babies! I think it could at least be done when they are a bit older and can have something to numb it!

I seen the strap thing they have them on and thats enough to upset me I cant google pics of it done on babies it would anger me.

I have 4 sons and even though my hubby is cut, he agrees with me that unless for medical reasons, we would never even consider it for our boys!

My OH is circumcised and he has said he wants my lo to be done too, but i would never allow him to be unless there was a medical reason. My OH had it done at about 11 or so due to medical reasons and he said it was awful. Seems that its a lot kinder to be done as a baby than when theyre a bit older x

Sorry, this is completely off subject but just saw the pic on your post thingy and had to say that Finnley Beau is gorgeous! Awwwwwww, what a cute photo!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->