Who has circumcised their little boy?

I just googled the plastibell method out of curiosity and went onto a website that showed a bunch of pictures of tiny babies in restraint things with their faces looking as though they are in agony while its being done!! Yuk.
I havent really ever had an opinion on this but after seeing the pictures i think im against it now! I cried seeing my LO have his second imms yesterday afternoon, i hate to think how i could cope with him screaming in agony from having something like that done to him. Poor babies! I think it could at least be done when they are a bit older and can have something to numb it!

I seen the strap thing they have them on and thats enough to upset me I cant google pics of it done on babies it would anger me.

Yep, i wish i hadnt looked now. I never knew how barbaric it was, i seriously thought babies were wizzed away straight after they are born and arent really properly 'aware' when its being done (i know its still a horrible procedure to do to a baby but my LO had loads of blood tests and things straight after he was born and didnt bat an eyelid so i think they cant feel as much for a short while maybe?), but one of the pics i saw was at 11 days old, thats awful. :cry:

They strap them down because the last thing you want is a baby to move at the wrong moment when you are working on his penis and you can't tell a baby to hold stlll. I was there for my son's procedure. Those pictures that came up when I googled look way worse than anything my son went through.

I just googled the plastibell method out of curiosity and went onto a website that showed a bunch of pictures of tiny babies in restraint things with their faces looking as though they are in agony while its being done!! Yuk.
I havent really ever had an opinion on this but after seeing the pictures i think im against it now! I cried seeing my LO have his second imms yesterday afternoon, i hate to think how i could cope with him screaming in agony from having something like that done to him. Poor babies! I think it could at least be done when they are a bit older and can have something to numb it!

I seen the strap thing they have them on and thats enough to upset me I cant google pics of it done on babies it would anger me.

Yep, i wish i hadnt looked now. I never knew how barbaric it was, i seriously thought babies were wizzed away straight after they are born and arent really properly 'aware' when its being done (i know its still a horrible procedure to do to a baby but my LO had loads of blood tests and things straight after he was born and didnt bat an eyelid so i think they cant feel as much for a short while maybe?), but one of the pics i saw was at 11 days old, thats awful. :cry:
I cut my sons finger when I was cutting his nails by accident when he was a few months old and I cried more than him! I still feel bad about that and my Other half done that once to and I never seen him look so sorry and feel so bad in my life. bye bye to them nail clippers it was. And when he got his shots my OH had to take him and he said he felt really angry when he cried that someone had caused pain. So no way could we ever do that.

I have never thought about it before ever, so i just googled it and saw this picture, now I know I can never do it for a future son, I respect people that have for religious reasons or medical reasons, but I don't think I ever could unless he desperately needed it

https://static.howstuffworks.com/gif/circumcision-1.jpg

glad this is going so well and Smokey hasn't had to get the kitty pictures out !!

awww hahaha, that's a shame warn him we might need him later, you never know :D

Couldn't ever do it unless he really needed it done for medical reasons and even then I would demand some sort of pain relief, during and after. I find the whole thing really upsetting to think about tbh. For mothers who choose to have it done all I can say is your baby, your choice. :)

My Husband is circumsized as he is iranian and thats the norm, (muslim) I have to say from my point of view, I MUCH prefer it to an uncircumsized penis.. its much cleaner (as nothing can get trapped under the skin euuughh!) and if I have a son I will almost certainly be doing it for him aswell. Probably at birth like my husband did. He doesnt remember getting it done and it hasnt affected him at all, Plus I know DH would insist on it.. I will have to look into the method part if I ever have one I guess!! xxx

Nope not for me. I won't do something to my child that IMO is unnesscary or because it looks nice.

xx

I got my son circumcised at 6 months due to religion which is totally nessasary. Hes perfectly fine and is as happy as ever. They never strapped him down where I had him done and his dad stayed with him. He came out of the room perfectly fine. (plastibell) It dropped off after a week with no hassel ... :)

Hmmmmmmmmmm if an ancient religion (don't even start me on that religion malarkey) asked you to cut off another part of your babies perfect, precious body would you do it? IMO (and it is only IMO) it's almost on a par with female circumsion. Please don't start a slanging match about it though x

Hmmmmmmmmmm if an ancient religion (don't even start me on that religion malarkey) asked you to cut off another part of your babies perfect, precious body would you do it? IMO (and it is only IMO) it's almost on a par with female circumsion. Please don't start a slanging match about it though x

If it was a religion that I believed in than, Yes of course. Otherwise, I wouldn't be a very good follower of that faith.

Both my boys were. Not due to religious reasons - just because thats what we chose to do. I know its controversial - but its what we wanted to do.

He was fine right away. No problems. And I have no idea how they did it - i wasn;t in the room - but he didn't seem to be in any pain at all. The whole procedure took about 10 min and he was brought back to me straight away. I know they used a local for the pain... but nothing afterwards. And he never even seemed uncomfortable at all. It was done when he was about 24 hours old.

My Dh is circumcised and his family wanted us to have our son circ'd but I didnt, if it was for a religious or medical reason then I wouldnt hesitate, but this was just for traditional/ cultural reasons iykwim? I simply told my DH that I didnt feel comfortable with it and he and MIL accepted it and so did the rest of his family in the end!
A friend of his came over a few weeks ago and was fine with us and everything right up until I had to change his nappy (the babys), and his friend started going mad saying why did I choose to not make my boy a man and have him circumcised and then started telling me about how its cleaner, less chance of STI's etc, believe me this is not true, my mil used to work in a GUM clinic and they treated just as many circ'd men as they did uncirc'd!
I havent got anything against anybody having their son done as thats exactly the point, its their son not mine so I dont want to be telling other people what I think they should or should not do.

hope no -one finds this offensive and sorry if you do:(

fairydreams :flower:

Our eldest had to be circumsised at the age of 5 (under general anasthetic) because of medical reasons . It was really horrible because of his age and made me wonder if we shouldn't circumsise our baby just in case. Anyway we decided not to so we have 2 boys who aren't and only 1 who is.

I'm from the US, my dad was circ'd and always advised us kids against it for our children.

He was a smart man, and it caused him medical and sexual reason having it done, perhaps it was botched, he never told us why.

Anyway, when I had my boys, despite OH being circ'd I told him no way, no how, if he wanted to be in the room to watch, and could assure me the baby never felt any pain then I might consider.

3 boys later and not one has been circ'd. Trust me I've heard it all, ohh the boys in the locker room are going to make fun of him, etc... etc.., the stats here in the states are 50/50 on circ. I can guarantee you if these stupid insurance companies stopped paying for it, it would drop off.

My latest experience is with my LO who is now 9 weeks about was in special care nursery, the little boy in the room across from him (just curtains blocking) had it done. He was a wee little thing who was born premature anyway, they brought him back from having it done and that poor little guy cried all night, a horrible wimpering cry I never want to hear again. His mother was not there to comfort him, the nurses tried, but could not devote all thier time to him and so he cried there all night while we cuddled our son. I cried a few times throughout the night just hearing him and it confirmed my decision even more. Shame on his mother for making that decision for him and not being there to hold him or to comfort him.

Anyway I think that put OH's doubts aside.

I won't critisize anyone for thier decisions, because it's simply that...thier decision.

^^ I actually just had a woman in my playgroup tell me I don't have my future children's best interest at heart and if I don't circumcise, my child will have problems in school and be made fun of. :cry::cry: I don't have a boy but know we will have more kids and might have a boy eventually. I have been doing serious soul-searching and research on the subject. It's not something I will take lightly and it's a shame people judge without even knowing.

^^ I actually just had a woman in my playgroup tell me I don't have my future children's best interest at heart and if I don't circumcise my child will have problems in school and be made fun of. :cry::cry: I don't have a boy but know we will have more kids and might have a boy eventually. I have been doing serious soul-searching and research on the subject. It's not something I will take lightly and it's a shame people judge without even knowing.

I don't think thats true .... i think the ratio is about 50/50 so 50% of kids will be the same as your boy if you have one so what's to tease about ? Kids will always find something to tease one another about anyway so i think we just got to help our kids have good self esteem so they can stand up for themselves :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->