• Welcome back! The Xenforo Cloud migration is now complete. Thank you for your patience! NOTE: please make sure to report any issues to our Technical Support forum and we'll review ASAP.

Who is overdue?

I always said that my LO would late, but, this is just silly now! The thing is that i don't really want to be induced so, i have got my fingers crossed that she is on her way naturally soon or else we will need to have some stern words!!
I am concerned that they'll not have space for me when I am at the point that they should induce me!! Oh, why cant these things run to a strict timetable!?!??! He he he
It would be soooooo much easier if i knew that we'd have our bubs at a particular time and date!!
I am sending positive thoughts out to you all!! Hope things start to happen for everyone soon!!
Sar xx :flower:

Also, I know people mean well, but the constant 'how are you' texts are starting to get to me. What they really mean is 'have you had your baby yet' and then when you say you're still waiting, they make 'helpful' suggestions like 'oh, you should go for a long walk / you should start eating spicey food' etc etc. Don't they think I've tried all those things and would quite like to meet my baby?!?! Makes me feel as if they think it's MY fault my baby hasn't arrived yet!!

Argh, this is frying my brain at the minute. My mum keeps ringing, and checking to make sure I'm still doing the exercises she gave me to do (ex-midwife), and that I'm keeping pottering around, and all these various things, as if I'm overdue because I can't be bothered getting her out. Thing is, she kept going into labour with me from about 15 weeks, and then it stopped, because she wouldn't sit still for more than 5 minutes! She just doesn't seem to understand that even though I'm pottering a lot, it doesn't work like that all the time. My OH was 10 days late, his brother was induced, and his sister was about a week over too. So there are some seriously late genetics in the mix. It's not my fault; no-one wants this baby out more than me, damnit!

I've had various cramping/period pain/hip and bckache for about 5 weeks now, but my plug is still in, and last week when the midwife attempted my first sweep, I was nothing dilated, at all. She's head down, and I'm 3/5 engaged; or was last week, anyway. I was supposed to be having my second sweep today at my house, but my midwife didn't turn up and I can't get in touch with her, and I've left various messages for her at the surgery, but she hasn't rang me back. I'm getting really miffed off now.

GET OUT BABY!

I'm joining you ladies. Even though our due date is today, I know that this baby is not coming and the doctor said he won't even consider inducing until next week. Maybe. We've had painful contractions, BH and everything and been sent home from the hospital twice! I'm losing my mind. I'm glad we had a successful pregnancy but I'm ready for it to be over now!

thanks sarTtheBear, i hope its quicker this time too.

Lots of labour :dust: to us all. lets keep this thread (and each other!) going!

Can I join in too? My due date was yesterday. Last night I had period pains and back ache and a couple of contractions that woke me up in the night. All day today - nada. So who knows how long it will be. I am pleased that I was 3/5 engaged this morning at the midwife, sweep booked for Tues and induction on Dec 20th hopefully - PLEASE don't let me still be waiting by then! Am going to try curry tonight, then maybe sex although it will be the first time in quite a while! Good luck to you all ladies, let's get these babies out!

My fingers and toes are crossed for all of us!

Well today I've felt like I've had one HUGE BH all day long - my bump has just felt permanently tight but not painful. I've also had shooting pains in my bits.

But still nothing!

Has anyone else had this where they've had a permanent tightening?

I had that for about two hours last night and it didn't hurt, just felt uncomfortable, then it went again :( The midwife said to me this morning that everything we feel at this stage is something happening, so it's all good!

Ah that's good to know... glad to know my body's got the right idea... just wish it would happen a bit faster!!

awww ladies, its good to know i am not the only one feeling fed up!

Hopefully things will start happening for us all before the weekend!

Henny i cant believe they let you go 16 over!!! people keep saying they wont do that to me but your proof they can! eck!!! baby get out now!!!

16 days overdue??!!.....flip thats bad :hugs:

Im a little early to join you ladies :flower: hope you dont mind me commenting! Im due tomorrow...had hospital appointment this morning and babys head is still high,2-3/5th engaged, and cervix is soft but uneffaced(or something like that lol) and attempted sweep failed. Hoping I go naturally before my induction date which is 21st :(:(:( XMAS week .....noooo lol but just seriously feel this LO doesnt want to come out and am getting sick of the text messages etc. I have people texting then if i dont answer quickly they start ringing me to "check" and then offering suggestions etc. Its annoying and i usually get ratty with them even though i know they just care and are excited for me etc!

yes join us hun, we'll all try and keep each others spirits up xxx:flower:

you are more than welcome hun, whats one day, i am sure you are feeling the same way as us all!

:flower: thanks!!:) I just want to meet this LO and know the sex :haha: getting very impatient!! though today when they scanned me i kept looking away??!! Just in case the midwife slipped up and LO flashed us or something :haha: But arg the amount of people telling me to walk continuosly up and down the stairs etc...just want to deck them :haha: im just like yes do that over and over again and il collapse from exhaustion and fall down them! I know terrible but it shuts them up pretty quick!

lol, yeah everyone has advice! :S

How come you had a scan hun? Baby ok? just a few more hours to your due date, fingers crossed your one of the 5% that come on thier due date!

I know what you mean about people calling all the time too. I was in bed this afternoon having a nap as I am not sleeping well at night, and about three people called me and left messages saying 'oooh are you off having the baby?' Umm, no, I am having a sleep! I know it shows people care but nobody is more anxious for labour to start than I am!

lol! yeah i didnt sleep at all last night and went for my first nap of this pregnancy today, and had 2 calls!

Phone on silent all day for me now!! I screen all my calls and I will call people back if I decide to :haha:

I had my term appointment and they offered a sweep but thought that LO's head was quite high so would do a scan first and then worried me even more coz they could only see one pocket of fluid and wernt sure it was "enough" etc so got someone else who wanted a doctors opinion coz she thought my waters might have been leaking etc but wasnt too worried...all doctors were in theatre with 4 c- sections (told me this an hour n 20 mins after waiting and worrying grrr) so had to get a ctg done and a senior registrar or someone said that there was "enough fluid" but everythings ok and LO is happy so hopefully fingers crossed just makes an appearance sometime soon! Real soon...now would be good! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mummynugs
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"