whoah - my (long) story

vermeil

Mom to 27 week wonder+DD
Reaction score
It's very surreal to be discussing this. Been lurking here for months but was too shy to actually post. Sooo here goes.

DH and I (I'm 37, he's 28) have been TTC for 7 months. I knew statistically that wasn't long yet, and the odds were on our side to have at least one healthy child eventually, and we were both open to adoption. I tried to keep positive but (as I'm sure you know) every month when that dreaded day arrived, I felt empty and discouraged. I scoured this forums for ideas, signed up at FF. This month I started charting my temp, but it was all over the place and hard to interpret.

While going to the doctor for a urinary infection, I mention we have just passed the 6 month mark TTC. She gives me a list of obgyn's that specialize in infertility.

When I returned to my car, I stared at the paper with that awful 'I' word on it, realized this might be reality for us, and I bawled my eyes out for hours that day. It was really hard to face.

I called everyone on the list; what was hard was being turned down by obgyn's when I would mention infertility. The receptionist would casually reply 'oh we don't do that here' and hang up. I felt rejected and helpless. A few gave me appointments, 2+ months away.

I finally called a private clinic. They gave me an apt the next day (!). The first consultation is covered by public healthcare since it's essentially just talking to the doctor. I explained I just wanted to be sure all was 'ahem' in working order. The doctor was cold and brief. Asked a few generic questions and gave me a huge stack of papers. A nurse explained the 7 tests my DH and I had to go through (!). They were cool in that they put no pressure towards doing the tests with them. I could either use the normal channels (public, free) or go through them, for a (large) fee. They gave me a list of clinics for each test.

The most important test (HSG) must be on day 2-3-4 of your cycle. I was leaving for a week long business trip the following week and my AF was around the corner. I *should* be back in time for the test though and have a one day window to pass it. I couldn't miss that one day (last friday) since the next opportunity would be end of january because of the holidays.

I leave on business. Each day I get more irritated and nervous because by then if my AF is even one day late I might miss my one day window. I am always 28 days and never late. Though I am convinced my O was on the 12th, FF confusingly puts it on the 15th so I rationalize (ha) I might actually have 3 days of leeway.

For 3-4 days I have the usual bad cramps and all the familiar symptoms. but the AF day comes with really light spotting... and goes. Two days later I'm REALLY P**d off because I've now missed my one day window for the test. I stress about this for the rest of my trip, curse and mutter that the one time I actually *want* AF to kick in it doesn't.

I fly back home (7 hour flight), complain vehemently to DH who (bless him) just shrugs and says 'maybe you're pregnant.'

Huh. Believe it or not, I never actually thought of that. :dohh:

So I POAS yesterday. Strong positive.

I'm still in shock. I know because of my age it's still early to celebrate but dang it, it's progress. I'm excited and scared, as most of you ladies are probably :)

My due date is early august. It's still surreal. Here's to a uneventful nine months *cheers*

Hi hunni, welcome to the forum and congrats on your BFP xxxx

congratulations on your bfp xx

Awwww welcome and a huge congratulations xx

Wow what a story! Congratulations hun and welcome to babyandbump. Well done for finding the courage to post here xxxxx

Thats an amazing story - Congratulations x

thats fantastic news congrats and happy & healthy 9 months :happydance:

Ah, that is fantastic! Congratulations on your :bfp:

thats amazing and great story. what luck having a positive before the tests. You must be over the moon.

congratulations!
i was in the process of going down the fertility clinic route as well when i got my :bfp: & had been trying 7 months, like you.
xx

https://i80.photobucket.com/albums/j200/julietfrono/Graphics/congratulations-1.gif

congratulations on your bfp - here's to 9 easy months ahead!!! xx

Congrats and thanks for posting. Always nice to have some hope for us oldies. I am 36 and TTC no. 1 for 7 months now...

Awww big congrats to you! We finlly got a bfp after 7 months TTC and having missed 2 AFs! When tests were showing negative we went for a scan and I began bleeding slightly 2 days before the scan. We assumed it was AF but went for the scan anyway as we began thinking maybe I had cysts etc etc. But the scan showed a little heartbeat! I'm due in 4 weeks! It's amazing how a bfp is the last thing u think of!
Can't believe we're into august for dates now! Here's to a healthy 9 months for u!! x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->