• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Who's still TTC after an ectopic and/or methotrexate?

Grace----you are so right----a BFN is better than a BFP and then losing it. :( It still is sad to see the BFN....but just think!!!! Two more weeks and you get to try again!!! And that month might be it for sure!!! Hang in there!!

I agree with Allie, 2 more weeks and your be back to trying! Stay strong & positive!!
Plus if you had of got your bfp you'd only be worrying with having mtx only a few months ago, so this could be your month now - 3 months after mtx!! Wishing you a bfp for Xmas!!

Thanks BabyHope & Allie

and yes, this will now be me trying 3 months after methotextrate so thats a great thing!
I am very hopeful for the future and praying for all of us.

I appreciate the support.

How are you guys doing?

Glad your on the up now Grace! We all have to believe in hope :)

I had one shot of mtx on 28th Sept. I'm currently on my 2nd cycle after mtx so we will start TTC after my next af which will hopefully be December. I feel the sooner we get BD'ing again the better as just waiting in limbo is so HARD!!

The advice giving to me was to wait 3 months or 2 cycles which ever come sooner - was this the same for you Grace?

Glad your on the up now Grace! We all have to believe in hope :)

I had one shot of mtx on 28th Sept. I'm currently on my 2nd cycle after mtx so we will start TTC after my next af which will hopefully be December. I feel the sooner we get BD'ing again the better as just waiting in limbo is so HARD!!

The advice giving to me was to wait 3 months or 2 cycles which ever come sooner - was this the same for you Grace?

No, My RE had us try after 1st AF. I was scared but the RE and her nursing staff said it was fine and that they have a lot of patients ttc after 1st real AF and get pregnant with out any issues, so I double checked with some of the Toxicolgy doctors at my work because everything I had read online said 2 cycles or 3 months, and the docs here said the Metho leaves your system definitly within one week, and as long as you are on prenatals for 6 weeks before you ttc again then you should be fine. As long as you dont have risk factors for spine issues, which the extra folic acid helps.

Hello!!!!!!! PB and all----I'm just like you!!! AF came on Friday---just as I expected!!!!! So, Friday was CD1 and now I'm on CD 3 (Sunday). It feels so good to be back to normal!!!

I can't believe 3 of us at now on the same cycle!

So, one down, two more to go. Are you all waiting for your 3rd AF to try???

I've already looked ahead? January AF should arrive January 11th!!! BD around January 25th for sure! Ugh, it still seems so far away!!!

I never thought I'd be so excited for AF! Back to square one is better than in negative territory, I guess. I'll be scheduling the HSG for a week from Monday, so send good, tube-clearing vibes my direction for that day!

This month's plan will be the same as the month I got my BFP: Prenatals, extra iron and D3 for old deficiencies, and a B100 complex. Guaifenesin and Pre-Seed. Charting. Lots of BD. I'll also go to the gym every 2-3 days.

It worked once, it can work again!

We'll be trying again once AF leaves. Today kind of sucks I'm sick and have AF lol

Wow!! I can't believe you're tryinf!! I wish it was me! One of the doctor's in my practice told me, "don't even think about trying to conceive until after your January period!" I got one dose of methotrexate on October 8th. I wish I could try sooner.

PB, a friend of mine was on her 7th month of TTC with no luck... Then tried Preseeed and she got pregnant! If I hadn't had miscarried. We'd only be a week apart!

Good luck!

Yeah, I don't think any of us US ladies were told to wait three months before TTC again. I could be wrong. I actually inquired about that guideline, and I was told that that enough women had gotten pregnant with no negative outcomes before 3 months that they decided it wasn't necessary. They were very stern about waiting for 0 HCG, of course. It will have been over two months since the metho shot by the time, I ovulate, anyway, so it's not that big a difference.

Sorry you're sick, Snuffles. :sick:

Well I didn't have to get the methotrexate so really no wait time.

Thanks pbl:hugs:

Wow!! I can't believe you're tryinf!! I wish it was me! One of the doctor's in my practice told me, "don't even think about trying to conceive until after your January period!" I got one dose of methotrexate on October 8th. I wish I could try sooner.

PB, a friend of mine was on her 7th month of TTC with no luck... Then tried Preseeed and she got pregnant! If I hadn't had miscarried. We'd only be a week apart!

Good luck!

I don't know what is in Preseed, but I swear by it! I've gotten pregnant twice while using it. With DD, we tried for 2 years, and we did 6 clomid cycles. The last one we did we used preseed and it worked!!

The first cycle we did for #2 which resulted in my ectopic we used preseed too. It was successful but unfortunately the egg that implanted in the uterus wasn't strong enough and the one that might have been strong enough went to my tube.

I am on 5DPO after clomid and trigger shot. I have my appt on the 30th for HCG blood levels.

My doc said that after Methotraxate they just want to wait 6 weeks from last injection to when you can start again. I would have had to wait two cycles but my miscarriage cycle was so long that when my next cycle after the miscarriage happened they said I was good to go.

Yes, I'm in the US (Iowa) and the first doctor I saw said wait 2-3 months and the other doctor I saw said for sure the three months. I kind of wish I could try this next cycle (Dec), but if I did, the baby would be born very close to the same time my daughter was.....so they'd have nearly identical birthdays..... I know that sounds like a dumb reason, but I wish each baby could have their own bday month.... So, I might as well wait one more cycle.

I think preseed helps you have enough fluid to get the boys up there! If maybe you're on the low side for cervical fluid, preseed will help them swim to where they need to be!

Hi ladies
how exciting pbl and snuffles both started AF. and pbl this was your first one right?? yay!

your plan sounds awesome and I hope you both get your bfps this month! YAY!

I am in the 2ww again, have a blood test scheduled for dec 10 but i'll definitly be testing at home before that!

babydust to all!! xooxox

Good luck, Grace! Hopefully you'll get a nice Christmas present! :baby:

FF thinks I'm 3 dpo, which would be CRAZY and very sad. That would mean O on CD8, when I normally ovulate on CD17. :saywhat: It would also mean that the HSG I had yesterday probably flushed the egg right out! And the BD timing would have been quite poor. So, I'm hoping it's wrong, but I really have no way of knowing yet. This is the first full cycle since the long m/c process, so I have no idea what's going to happen. :shrug: I really hope we didn't totally miss our chance, so I'm hoping my lady parts and BBT will behave, go back down to pre-O levels, and I'll O in a week like I'm supposed to. :cry:

How is everyone else?

I think it was okay, but not 100% sure. She said my left tube was flowing very well--so well in fact that the dye was obscuring her view of the right (ectopic side) tube. She said she thinks the right was clear, too, but would have to enlarge and study the photos that she took on a different screen. I'm going to my regular doc's office on Friday to hear the full report.

Also, I didn't find it that painful at all, although admittedly I took 800 mg of ibuprofen in advance, so that might have helped. :winkwink:

Hello girls I had possible ectopic and one round of methotrexate in march 2012 . i am currently on 12 dpo and yesterday at 11 dpo i took two frer the first on i swore i could see something but only in certain light so i decided to clean house and try later that night and the second test was a bit more noticeable but again only under a brighter light not a dim light . now the reason i decided to test is because of my breast . i normally get sore breast during tww but this time it was just different and they are sooo big they dont even fit in my bra plus about a week ago i got these very painful af cramps for about three days . i also checked my cervix just for the heck of it and it was odd too it is kinda hidden and not too high but it should be low right now if af was coming also the wall inside are swollen. i also have creamy cm. well today i woke up and breast arent sore anymore but there still very swollen and sting. im a little worried since my results are faint because that is what happened before i would have an hcg level of 246 on my blood tests but a very faint or even neg urine test at doctors so I am praying this is not march all over again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->