Who's still TTC after an ectopic and/or methotrexate?

Oh my that is a lot of waiting:wacko:

I went to the restroom yesterday and saw blood in my underwear, and I got all excited just to figure out I cut myself shaving:growlmad:

Well one benefit of having gone through this is that once I find out I'm pregnant again I tell the doctor and we get an early scan to make sure baby is in the right spot which will give me peace even if it is just a sac and pole at the time.

LOL, Grace! Did you notice you didn't even include the waiting AFTER the u/s? :haha: Doesn't NINE MONTHS at this point seem like it will be impossible?!

Welcome, Ty!!! I'm a TN native. I'm from Chattanooga, but lived in Nashville for several years in my twenties.

Hey pbl,

DH and I LOVE Chattanooga!! It's our default getaway!! We're actually thinking of moving up that way (or Northern Georgia) next year some time.
Nashville is cool too, though:winkwink: Glad to meet a fellow Tennessean (think I spelled that right).

I plan to try again after AF decides to show up, which I'm still waiting on!!! I SEE YOU START TO APPEAR ON THE TP AND THEN YOU JUST LEAVE!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! its enough to drive you crazy isn't it???? I am with you girl :wacko:
Its crazy but once you have gone through a loss, EVERY SINGLE STEP is waiting and difficult
waiting for AF
waiting to O
waiting in 2ww
waiting after you get bfp for blood draw
waiting for results (OMG those days are the worst!)
waiting for next blood draw
waiting for us
OY !!! :nope:

I always said I wanted to have two children, but im not so sure I could go through this whole pregnancy thing again. LOL and Im not even pregnant yet>! Maybe I will change my mind once I have a healthy little one and a GOOD pregnancy experience! oh I hope so!

I hope AF comes for you, right now im waiting to O! :haha:

Hey Grace, That is soooo true. I had these dreams of having about 3 or 4 kids. But after losing my angel to ectopic, I'm just hoping for one healthy rainbow baby. Once I get my one, then I'll start thinking about a second maybe, but that almost makes me feel guilty thinking about having a second or third child, like I'm being greedy, as if I should be happy if I'm able to have one baby. Does anyone else feel that way?

I plan to try again after AF decides to show up, which I'm still waiting on!!! I SEE YOU START TO APPEAR ON THE TP AND THEN YOU JUST LEAVE!!!!! COME BACK!!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO! its enough to drive you crazy isn't it???? I am with you girl :wacko:
Its crazy but once you have gone through a loss, EVERY SINGLE STEP is waiting and difficult
waiting for AF
waiting to O
waiting in 2ww
waiting after you get bfp for blood draw
waiting for results (OMG those days are the worst!)
waiting for next blood draw
waiting for us
OY !!! :nope:

I always said I wanted to have two children, but im not so sure I could go through this whole pregnancy thing again. LOL and Im not even pregnant yet>! Maybe I will change my mind once I have a healthy little one and a GOOD pregnancy experience! oh I hope so!

I hope AF comes for you, right now im waiting to O! :haha:

Hey Grace, That is soooo true. I had these dreams of having about 3 or 4 kids. But after losing my angel to ectopic, I'm just hoping for one healthy rainbow baby. Once I get my one, then I'll start thinking about a second maybe, but that almost makes me feel guilty thinking about having a second or third child, like I'm being greedy, as if I should be happy if I'm able to have one baby. Does anyone else feel that way?

Yes, i do feel that way. LIke once I get my bfp, if preg goes smoothly and baby is born 100% fine, i will be soooooooooooo greatful and I think i might feel that way too. Greedy for not being satisfied with the ONE gift from god. Its just a whole different world going through this -
so many people haven't got a clue and pregnancy is just SO DIFFERENT for them......than it is for those that have lost. oh well

LOL, Grace! Did you notice you didn't even include the waiting AFTER the u/s? :haha: Doesn't NINE MONTHS at this point seem like it will be impossible?!

Yes it sooooooo does pbl. I can't even imagine. each day seems to take hours - 9 months will be quite trying :wacko::wacko:
THANK GOD for this site and that we all have it for therapy. :haha::haha:

I admit, I do read a lot of the PAL journals, they help me. See stories of women that do make it through and DO get their healthy little ones, they make me smile :winkwink:

Absolutely! Especially since I don't know how much more I'm going to have to suffer before we get the rainbow baby. At this point, I'm really not sure that I could go through the whole process again already, and there may be worse coming up! The good news is that I've always been interested in adoption. my plan at this point is to adopt #2, and possibly #1 depending on how the next six months go.

DH and I LOVE Chattanooga!! It's our default getaway!! We're actually thinking of moving up that way (or Northern Georgia) next year some time.
Nashville is cool too, though:winkwink: Glad to meet a fellow Tennessean (think I spelled that right).
Yay! :happydance: I love East TN--where are you now? Sadly, my parents--the only relatives I have left in the area--are moving in the spring. Both my brother and I are in the northeast, and they want to be closer to us. It will be very weird to have no connection there! I have a several-year-old dream of going back to a wilderness area on the TN/NC border (Joyce Kilmer) and finishing a backpacking trip that I attempted years ago (one person got sick) before they leave. I guess I'm saying that I hope to attempt a 5 day backpacking trip several months pregnant next May. Hmmm...does that sound sane?

Yes it sooooooo does pbl. I can't even imagine. each day seems to take hours - 9 months will be quite trying :wacko::wacko:
THANK GOD for this site and that we all have it for therapy. :haha::haha:

I admit, I do read a lot of the PAL journals, they help me. See stories of women that do make it through and DO get their healthy little ones, they make me smile :winkwink:

Amen! I don't go to any of the pregnancy forums, though. You're very brave to be able to! I pretty much only look at TTCAL and a couple of threads (e.g., TTC #1 after 35) with a standing group of gals. I don't think I'll ever step...mouse into the regular pregnancy forums again.

:hugs: and :dust: to you all!

ohhhhhhhhh ttc#1 after 35 sounds right up my alley! seeing im 36 :wacko:

Hey, new here. I was pointed in this direction after I wrote up my own thread.

In my siggy you'll see my MC dates. I had methotrexate with my ectopic. My levels reached 0 the 15th.

I've been wanting to AF to show up so that I can have the ONE normal cycle my RE wants and then start again the cycle after that. I just really want my AF to start. I called my RE to see if they could just give me meds to jumpstart it, but I'm wondering if waiting is better?

I feel like AF is coming soon. I'm moody, emotional, eating like a horse!! :( I feel like all my PMS symptoms are there but there is no AF.

what should I expect?

:hi: Casey!

Grace, the thread is here:
https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...886-ttc-1st-child-35-a-1530.html#post22438927
It's the best! :thumbup:

Well AF has decided to grace me with her presence :)

Yay snuffles! Now are you going to ttc when you O? How long have u been back on your folic acid?

Yay!!!!! Yay for AF!

I'm not sure if I will. I mean I would like to, but I can wait. I've been back on folic acid for a week. Well in my vitamin anyway.

You might want to ask your doc what they think, as you know, every doc will give you a different answer, but i was told you should be on folic for 4 weeks before ttc.

I know I know, but just think if I fall next month, by the time I find out I'm pregnant I'll have almost four weeks worth :blush:

Doc cleared me for Provera to get AF started. I'm going to wait until Saturday to start taking it. Only because he said my progesterone indicates that I did ovulate and I'd rather it happen naturally than forced.

I'm impatient, but isn't natural better than nothing?

I just really want to be pregnant before the end of the year. DH is going to training for the Navy sometime between March and September. The closer to the september the more likely. I just want him there for some of the time.

Regarding folic acid, when in doubt, get a blood test! I'm not planning on worrying about it because my diet is extremely rich in FA. Recent (prior) blood tests showed very respectable levels. I know the theory is that MTX interacts with FA to deplete stores, but I gather that that theory was somewhat disproved, which is why they no longer insist on the 3 month wait.

Am I talking out of my derriere? :haha: Yes, probably!

Casey, how long have you been waiting for AF? It's great that you think you ovulated! Did you TTC this month?

And Snuffles, I've heard that the first AF can be pretty awful. How are you feeling?

And, Grace, did you think you o'ed yet? (You should put a link to your journal in your sig so you're easier to stalk!)

I'm beginning to think there's really something wrong with me. This whole time I've had minor cramps and twinges on the wrong side--I was stunned with they said it was the right side, as I would have put money on the left. Well, it's been getting worse, not better. Not sure if I should make a separate appt, or just wait for the HSG and accompanying visits.

Well I'm not worried about the folic acid thing, because I stopped taking them max for a week, so I think my supply is still good. Plus I eat lots of food with folic acid so again not worried.

I feel pretty good actually, minus my bowels. They have been kind of painful since AF started.

Regarding folic acid, when in doubt, get a blood test! I'm not planning on worrying about it because my diet is extremely rich in FA. Recent (prior) blood tests showed very respectable levels. I know the theory is that MTX interacts with FA to deplete stores, but I gather that that theory was somewhat disproved, which is why they no longer insist on the 3 month wait.

Am I talking out of my derriere? :haha: Yes, probably!

Casey, how long have you been waiting for AF? It's great that you think you ovulated! Did you TTC this month?

And Snuffles, I've heard that the first AF can be pretty awful. How are you feeling?

And, Grace, did you think you o'ed yet? (You should put a link to your journal in your sig so you're easier to stalk!)

I'm beginning to think there's really something wrong with me. This whole time I've had minor cramps and twinges on the wrong side--I was stunned with they said it was the right side, as I would have put money on the left. Well, it's been getting worse, not better. Not sure if I should make a separate appt, or just wait for the HSG and accompanying visits.

You are funny pbl, when do you go for another beta check? what about the HSG, is it scheduled yet? Mine wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Let me know if you have any questions on that!
i'll put my journal in my siggy good idea. Today is cd16 for me. i'll update journal but O should be anyday! Im SO ready!

Im so excited for all of us that we made it through the storm and now we are going to have our rainbow babies :happydance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->