Why are blue dye tests on the market?

napamermaid

Reaction score
Why are blue dye tests on the market?

I read so much on herw about them being so bad for evas, line dye, false positives etc.

Most posters no more than myself post saying i know they are so unreliable - but what do you think?

Why are they being sold?
Why do we buy them when we know they are so bad?

I personally never would have bought 1 other than i didnt realise tesco own brand was a blue dye

Not sure, but the dye on an FRER is more pink and the walmart/DG cheapies are more purple to me, honestly, I think the cheapies are just as good if not better than the FRER's though. I've never used a blue one personally though.

I have no idea why cheapie blue dyes are still on the market. ClearBlues are pretty good, from what I've heard. I have not heard a lot of stories about evaps/indents on those.

I have, however, gotten quite visible faint BFPs on cheapie blue dyes (Target or Walgreens brand, for instance), and had my serum hCG come back <0 the very same day. I assume they are just cheaper to make, based on older technology maybe? When browsing the options at Target, knowing how much I had already spent on FRERs, I would often grab a box of the much cheaper blue dyes and tell myself "just this once..."

They caused so much frustration and confusion!

I bought the Walmart brand blue dyes and actually had bfp super early and had no issues. I've only used 4 in comparison to 4,000,000 (ok I exaggerate) frers. But I didn't have issues with them. But I see a lot of women get faint lines and they have evaps so idk why they exist?

The reason they're still on the market is because of money, I'd say. They know people are going to buy them. I actually bought two packs of them. I didn't realize they were blue dyes until I opened them, but because they were the only ones available at the nearest store, I didn't have a choice until my internet cheapies came... and because I'm a poas addict :haha: I've personally have had more EVAPs on pink dyes than I have on blue dyes.

It was odd but when I got my first bfp with this pregnancy it was on a pink dye. The next day I bought a clearblue digital and tesco brand which was blue dye. It was barely a positive on the tesco brand but got a pregnant on the clearblue.

I have always just assumed the blue dye is the cheaper one and people need cheaper options.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->