Why do so many people scoff at reusables!?

Lol Gina! Baby poo doesn't smell that bad, certainly not if they are BF! And even if it was really bad it's besides the point. You put up with it because it's worth it!

lol! Those were my thoughts exactly! I think that all the benefits outweigh the issue of poop smell (if there is one). :)

and besides, mothers are kind of immune to their own babies poop smell (or is that just me? lol)
Cassidys poop doesn't bother me but if I were to change the butt of another baby the same age I'd gag!!

My OH just sticks a baby wipe up his nose :dohh:

Brilliant, :haha: I can totally picture my OH doing somehting similar. probably wouldn't work so well if you've got reusable wipes though!!

and besides, mothers are kind of immune to their own babies poop smell (or is that just me? lol)
Cassidys poop doesn't bother me but if I were to change the butt of another baby the same age I'd gag!!

If h has a sposie on his wee and poo stinks but with a washable on i can't smell it and have to check to see if he has. But even then it doesn't bother me the smell that is,
My dh puts a towel or scarf round his face with jack ( he has disabilities and is still in nappies part time) Dh loves it that we are now pt ec'ing h as it means less nappy changes :dohh:

I feel that people who don't understand tend to critasise as it is better than admitting they are unaware of things. Some are happy to learn but others are arrogant towards things like this.

Although i don't have a baby yet i'm all for using cloth diapers, they are cleaner. safer (for the enviroment), cheaper and more comfortable for baby. I'm chuffed to find that alot of people feel the same way about them, but it's a shame that people still use disposables and are completely ignorant about cloth nappies.

Most people don't even give cloth a second thought. It's immediately 'Hmph Disposables are easier I'll go with that' and believe me I WAS one of them people, but I have had a wake up call and if I were a religious person I would worship the almighty Cloth Diaper for it is pretty and kind to the earth and absorbent and cheaper (unless you have an addiction) and well..... pretty :blush:

Of course I don't consider myself to be within the margins of addiction whatsoever, I mean who would become addicted to nappies :shrug: *cough cough*

I've had alot of people tell me I won't stick at it, just like with breastfeeding. I think they assume because I am only 20 (though 21 tomorrow) and have 2 under 2 that I just won't do it. Any other people I know my age in person have bottle fed their babies and used sposies etc.
Well we have been using cloth 2 weeks now and i am getting slightly addicted to buying and think they are brilliant, I definatly won't be stopping any time soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->