Why do so many people scoff at reusables!?

From washing out the diaper! This was before I knew of disposable liners. I was like no freaking way in HELL am I going to rinse poop off a diaper. Again, the irony is that now I don't mind doing it if I have to (although I won't volunteer, iykwim) and my OH is the one who is all "AWWW GROOOOOOSSSSSSS!!!!" if he has to change a poopy cloth diaper.

:rofl:

Can't say I have ever got poo on my hands! And we have never used liners :thumbup: Never gone in for hand washing them though, just dry pail them and put them straight in the washing machine. BF poo was so soft it just soaked into the cloth and solid poos just get shaken out of the nappy into the loo!

I love my BG nappies and am so delighted that we are using them. Get all the same comments though. When I bought them they were delivered to work and my workmates all scoffed and said I would never stick it and it had been a waste of time. But here we are 7 months on still happily using them.

I don't know what the big deal is and why people feel so opposed to them and have such negative things to say, despite never trying them. Like one of the earlier posters, when I got fed up with people going on about it I just said, 'We have spend £250 on these nappies, too right we will be using them!'.

Ahh, yeah. We were FF Claire by that point and those poops were like peanut butter. :sick: You can throw BF poops right in, but FF has to be rinse off.

Totally gross!

i think its great that so many people use cloth nappies, im seriously thinking about dong it for next LO,
but having said that, jesse has only ever leaked once and i suspect that was OHs crap nappie changing skills and has never once had nappie rash, or even ever been slightly red, i know its alot more expensive, to use disposables but we are between houses at the moment and have been either at my mums or OHS parents, and i dont think theyd take to kindly to me using reusables and washing them in their houses etc, xx

I was like no freaking way in HELL am I going to rinse poop off a diaper.

I'm not so much of a fan of washing poo out of nappies either!!! LO is FF so her poo needs washing off (I don't like putting it straight into the washing machine)... it took me 2 and a half months of getting poo up my fingernails to realise that I'm allowed to wear gloves when rinsing them in the sink :dohh: Needless to say, I don't mind it half as much now :haha:

:rofl: Rachel! We were doing the same! :haha: Thank god for liners.

Shifter, what's fairy snuff? Or am I losing something in translation? :rofl: :hugs:

I used washables when Izzy was big enough for them (they were from birth to potty but she was small)

I liked the fact I didn't have a bag of nappies to throw away each week...however I stopped using them when she got more active as I found they were quite restrictive compared to ones like active fit with stretch sides.

I am glad I did it though, i still have them and will use at the start with any other baby we have.

The poo didnt bother me as I used liners, so just picked that out and put down the loo...although I am not sure what would have happened wth runny ones - she always had firm ones when she was younger!

Everyone I know loves the CD!!! I havent had anyone say anything rude, my SIL and MIL are jealous of Jasmines because hers are so fashionable lol

No one really says much now, but at first all I got was "you'll never stick at it, too much washing and faffing around" I just nodded and agreed lol

I am luckily as my family and in laws think they are great. My mum and MIL are fascinated by them and cannot believe how easy they are and what they look like.

My mum used terry squares with my brother and me and was always proud of her sparling white nappies so i have competeition to keep mine stain free

Lately, whenever I've mentioned our plan to use cloth diapers, the conversation has gone kind of like:

Me: "So, I was thinking of using cloth diapers. You know, save a bit of money and all that"
Other: "... what, really?"
Me: "Yeah, totally! It's not like the rectangles that moms used to use like 20 years ago... they're way better, and with SCIENCE!"
Other: "I dunno, it still sounds kinda gross"
Me: *goes on a kick like I'm making an infomercial, going on about the benefits and costs and that it's NOT gross anymore*
Other: "Oh... yeah that sounds pretty neat I guess."

I'm not sure how many I've actually convinced, and how many just drop the topic because I get so excited about it, but either way I feel like I won :rofl:

I proudly told my dad that I was planning on using cloth diapers and he definitely thought I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I told him about how much they changed, about liners, etc, but he still thinks I'm silly. He thinks that I won't be able to stick with it cause "I have no idea how much baby poop smells".

Bet he'll change his mind when he gets to see his first grandchild's fluffy bum! :)

I also met some resistance but I'm happy to hear that there are so many mums out there educating others about the new cloth revolution!

Lol Gina! Baby poo doesn't smell that bad, certainly not if they are BF! And even if it was really bad it's besides the point. You put up with it because it's worth it!

Tbh, baby poop stinks no matter what they get put in. :haha:

Actually though, I find that our CDs mask the smell of poop much better than disposables. When she's wearing disposables there's no question if she's pooped or not. In cloth, I won't even realize until I go to changer her as my little monkey doesn't kick up a fuss if she's dirty. :dohh: :haha:

The chemical smell in disposables is far worse than poop, IMO anyways. At least you know poop is natural. Gross, but natural. All those chemicals aren't natural to me. ;)

Lol Gina! Baby poo doesn't smell that bad, certainly not if they are BF! And even if it was really bad it's besides the point. You put up with it because it's worth it!

Hee hee like lloreal :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->