why do some people say brought instead of bought?

The definitely one used to get me too! Until I realised it was all based around the word FINITE as in for sure. So you just make sure that it has finite in it - definitely then you know it's right. Really worked for me lol! Xx

It's amazing how we pick up little tricks to correct our spelling.

I could never spell the word beautiful before the film Bruce Almighty came out because he breaks it down whenever he says it. I've spelt it right ever since.

Omg lol I thought I was the only one!! B e a utiful!!!

It annoys me when people pronounce asked as "arksed"

Omg me to! Although I've never met anyone who does this, only seen it on telly. X

Hmm, I say both Mac and Mic (donalds)... I also chop and change between Primark and Premark! I HATE when people call it "Pradamark", thinking they're really funny.... on that note, I hate when tossers call Glasgow, "Glasvegas" I personally know folk that say that, thinking they're cool, ha :growlmad:

Isn't it 'posh' people who say arsked, like the Queen?!

This is one of my BIGGEST pet hates, I laughed out loud when I read this! :rofl: I've had statuses on Facebook about it and everything, it drives me INSANE!

Hmm, I say both Mac and Mic (donalds)... I also chop and change between Primark and Premark! I HATE when people call it "Pradamark", thinking they're really funny.... on that note, I hate when tossers call Glasgow, "Glasvegas" I personally know folk that say that, thinking they're cool, ha :growlmad:

Primarni is the one people here say - annoying!

The definitely one used to get me too! Until I realised it was all based around the word FINITE as in for sure. So you just make sure that it has finite in it - definitely then you know it's right. Really worked for me lol! Xx

I could never spell the word beautiful before the film Bruce Almighty came out because he breaks it down whenever he says it. I've spelt it right ever since.

Omg lol I thought I was the only one!! B e a utiful!!!

It annoys me when people pronounce asked as "arksed"

Ooo yes that one bugs me. Even R Kelly sings it wrong!! I shout at the radio whenever this comes on. ("if anybody aks you who I am"...Errr, what!!!!)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgcovIu3k9o

I use 'one colour, two socks' to spell necessary, because there's one c and two s's. I got that from Bell on emmerdale years ago lol.

When I was in Year 7 we learnt a mnemonic device for necessary. Never Eat Cake Eat Salad Sandwiches And Remain Young. I've always remembered it lol x

I always use the I before e except after c rule :) and I still have to use the "never eat shredded wheat" for north east south west :) I muddle up the east and west otherwise.

Edit: you are speaking about a different arksed than I am. Im talking about the ones that pronounce it aks instead of ask rather than the "golf ball in the mouth" - arsked version.

I always use the I before e except after c rule :) and I still have to use the "never eat shredded wheat" for north east south west :) I muddle up the east and west otherwise.

I do the shredded wheat thing.

Re. the i before e thing - I only realised the other day that the word "weird" goes completely against that rule.

I use 'one colour, two socks' to spell necessary, because there's one c and two s's. I got that from Bell on emmerdale years ago lol.

When I was in Year 7 we learnt a mnemonic device for necessary. Never Eat Cake Eat Salad Sandwiches And Remain Young. I've always remembered it lol x

Did you learn, big elephants can't always use small exits? That was primary school though Lol x

Ahh I see!!! Yeah well the whole gangsta London thing does my tits in, I mean nobody speaks like that they must have to make a concerted effort to become like that! I'm thinking dizzee rascal type speaking here

Also, whilst we're at it....

It is spelt grammar, not grammer *cringe*

It is also not 'would of', it is 'would have' e.g. I would HAVE done, not 'I would of done' etc.

Shall I go on? :D

No Beth I didn't lol. I even had to take a second to see what that spelt lol.

I hate the of/have thing it's would have/could have not would of/could of. And I totally agree with the grammar thing lol x

Re. the i before e thing - I only realised the other day that the word "weird" goes completely against that rule.

Oh yeah!

We were taught "big elephants can't always use side entrances"
I still can't spell missisippi! I can never remember the miss thing.
But I do know miss d miss I miss f f I miss c miss u miss l t y
:)

Oh yeah!

We were taught "big elephants can't always use side entrances"
I still can't spell missisippi! I can never remember the miss thing.
But I do know miss d miss I miss f f I miss c miss u miss l t y
:)

It's Mrs lol. I distinctly remember Miss Trunchabul asking why they were all married lol x

m i s s i s s i p p i i p p i s s i s s i m

I remember that from primary.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"