why do some people say brought instead of bought?

Haha love it!! Matilda was one of our girls names! Until OH vetoed it like he has an annoying tendency to do, 2 days after saying he liked it.... grrrr!

Kmbabycrazy-thank you for clearing that up for me, I couldn't remember where I learnt that from!

I always put ALOT but it's actually A LOT. Isn't it?

When I say juice my OH says it's called squash?

I had to chime in here. It drives me nuts when people spell definitely defiantly. Two totally different words. Spelling it definately drives me nuts too but not as bad as defiantly does!!!

Lol love this thread!

I always wonder why so many people stick an "s" on the end of anyway to make anyways, I see that so much on here!!

I use anyways when I'm changing to a different topic or something like that. But I think it depends what mood I'm in :)

Oh another one, some people say arsk instead of ask!

Oh, can I add to this too?!
Something that's been bugging me for ages on here is the amount of people that say "I could care less" - when the phrase is (I'm 99.9% sure it is anyway & makes a lot more sense to me) "I couldn't care less".

Anyone else noticed that?

Also, when people say on FB 'been' instead of 'being' :wacko:

Oh and I thought you could write James' but it is grammatically correct to write James's.

I never thought people interchanged brought for bought, that's actually quite weird...

I had to chime in here. It drives me nuts when people spell definitely defiantly. Two totally different words. Spelling it definately drives me nuts too but not as bad as defiantly does!!!

Ah crap! I've been spelling it 'definately' for years... I didn't even realise it was spelt 'definitely' :dohh:

I just typed it into microsoft word to make sure it wasn't spelt 'definately' as well, now I feel thick :haha: How have I not realised this before lol?!!! x

Oh and sorry, when people say, 'another thing coming' when it is 'another think coming'

Really? I always thought names ending in s you only use '. Learn something new everyday :)

Mum22gttc-I'm not sure what you mean by the whole "been" "being"?

I don't understand how bought and brought can be an accent thing...they are two different words with two different meanings :shrug: maybe it's just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->