why do some people say brought instead of bought?

I forgot that! "Can you borrow me a tenner"?! No I wont LEND you a tenner lol

My other half used to always text me 'what you at?' that must be a regional thing? I always say 'what are you up to' I'm not 'at' anything!

My mum tells me as a child i used to say 'Aminal' instead of Animal and despite how much she tried to correct me i'd still say it. Thank goodness i grew out of this haha

Another one is won and beat!!
The children do this all the time! "mum I won Ella!"
"oh did you now?! Are you going to bring her home and put her on the mantelpiece?" :haha:

There's quite a few people viewing this thread. Do you think they are waiting for it to turn nasty? Lol I was expecting it too, but I hope if doesn't!

I'm guilty of viewing this thread but I'm not waiting for it to turn nasty. I'm actually reading through all the posts and having a giggle(in my head - my DH is working so I don't want to disturb him).

Im terrible with grammar full stop lol good job I did acting a drama school and not writing , otherwise I wouldn't have graduated with a decent mark lol

Funny thread..... myself and OH had a debate about this a while ago. I am always picky with grammer (except on here/facebook) and he mentioned to me that I always said brought and we went on and on for a hour or so about how the word should be used (depending on what you are trying to say)

I got so frustrated as he was right in the end!

x

My worst one is when people use Are instead of Our....as in 'Are baby girl'....that one drives me MAD.

x

Funny thread..... myself and OH had a debate about this a while ago. I am always picky with grammer (except on here/facebook) and he mentioned to me that I always said brought and we went on and on for a hour or so about how the word should be used (depending on what you are trying to say)

x

Grammar* sorry I couldn't resist :haha: :blush:

x

Ha ha how embarassing...to be honest when im on here I type so fast I never proof read what I have typed.

Have just read through all of these and had a laugh! One that made me laugh recently was when I read that someone was 'going to ikea to buy some chesta draws'!!! Also I have a friend who doesn't teach her children things she 'learns' them! eg, my son showed her some writing he had done & she asked me if I 'learned him that'!

There/their/they're annoys me too, as does your and you're.

x

Ha ha how embarassing...to be honest when im on here I type so fast I never proof read what I have typed.

Hehe :)

Oh and I thought you could write James' but it is grammatically correct to write James's.

<<<guilty

I have a cousin who puts words in her facebook status like "cuz" "becuz" "luv" etc...I'm proud to announce she just graduated from high school!

Haha people call me the 'word nazi' or 'spelling bee coming out to sting' on fb cos Im always correcting spelling and grammar haha I just cant help myself!!!

At my gym there was a sign saying "Your ready for summer but is summer ready for you"?
And so I mentioned to the front desk that the "your" needed an apostrophe and and a 'e' on the end, and the lady at the counter was insistent that she had it right and she kept saying "yourrrrrrr ready for summer, yourrrrrrr" and saying it all slowly as if I was an idiot, and then other people in the gym got involved and started agreeing with her! I was getting all embarrassed and frustrated cos I knew I was right! Then a lady came in who works at a law firm and said "it needs an E"...

Next time I came to the gym it read "you're" :D :D :D

Oh n anthr thng i h8 iz ppl typng in tx whn thyr usn a keyboard!!!! >.<

dat's basically what my cuz duz ;)

But seriously I skip over post like that. Also the post that drive me insane are either the all caps or not capitalizing at the beginning of a sentence.

I've just remembered another one, when people say that their family member or someone is having 'rest bite care' it's respite!!!

Hahahahaha I've just had a really good giggle to myself reading this!!! Especially the 'she turned around and said' one- I am soooo guilty of this.
Hahaha borrowed used instead of loaned or lent, that bugs me too! 'I borrowed you a tenner last week, I need it back'- grrrr!
Another one that bugs me a little is the spelling of 'etcetera' as ecetera' or ect instead of etc.
I am guilty of this too, but using 'like' every other word in a sentence bugs me.
Hehehe!
xxxx
Edit: I have a friend who says 'lickle' instead of little, that gets on my tits too!!!

I was recently at a family party and my dad's cousin is a teacher at a primary school and she said that nowadays they will get notes from parents in text language. So it will read something like:

Sry "Ben" 4got his hmwrk we wer runnin l8.

Now I think that's just awful.

Loving this thread...

I once worked with a woman who used to say 'can you borrow me xxx please?', used to grate on me every time...

You're / your always always annoys me.

Text speak is ok...in a text...not when you've got a keyboard in front of you (this actually really bothers me for some reason...i'm definitely not 'down with the kids').

People Who Capitalize The First Letter In Every Word On Their Facebook Statuses Really Annoy Me.

I mean aggggh!! How laborious is that?!

The confusion between board and bored really pees me off too. As in, 'I'm so board at work.' Really? Maybe you ought to pick up a dictionary ;)

The other thing that amuses me are people who confuse sideburns with sideboards, although this may be a local thing. It just makes me think of men with pieces of furniture on the side of their heads.

My friend, who I've known since babyhood, has provided me with many a laugh over the years. Along with 'chimdey' and 'skellington,' she calls a kettle a 'keckle,' will sit in the 'miggle' of the sofa and (my favourite), hangs her clothes in the 'wardrove.'

God love her!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->