why do some people say brought instead of bought?

No people just say lol. Like you tell them a joke and their response is "lol". It annoys me

It shouldn't do. I don't think we are being offensive. Like I said before, life is too short to worry about our grammar but it's amusing to see what we do 'right/wrong.' xx

I often write OMG! I also say, 'that's so OTT' instead of over the top!

It shouldn't do. I don't think we are being offensive. Like I said before, life is too short to worry about our grammar but it's amusing to see what we do 'right/wrong.' xx

Oh no one is being offensive. Its just so easy sometimes for these threads to get out of hand.
AnywayS :) I used to try and spell found out as "fount out" I still pronounce it verbally as fount :)

Yeah I write Omg too I'm pretty sure most people do. I ment when people actually say it out loud not write it.

Another one is when people spell stationery when it should be stationary depending on the context (although thats not a really annoying one). I still think brought is the worst. x

There's a lady on my fb who always writes 'can't, 'carnt' and I am itching to point it out!!!

Ahhhhh when people eat your fucking food without asking!!! Sorry I know this is OT but I just seen an empty packet of grated cheese in the bin which is mine and OH's sister just ate it all :( I wouldn't mind if she asked! (she's 18) is this me being selfish lol

Haha, she should have brought her own, or at least arsked you. If she thinks this is ok, she has another thing coming! LMFAO!

Phew, I've finally read all the posts so far :) I don't have much to add (other than threw/through) but am enjoying the thread.

Haha, she should have brought her own, or at least arsked you. If she thinks this is ok, she has another thing coming! LMFAO!

Lol thank you. You've just cheered me up! :) and I did laugh out loud this time :) x

Ok, here goes...
Your: is the possessive, as in your baby, your car, your house.
You're: you are!!

Loose: not tight
Lose: can't find

They are my biggest pet peeves, one girl on my fb is always at it :growlmad:makes me so mad!!

I'm a grammar fiend so I really have to restrain myself a lot, then I come on here on my phone, don't check before I submit, and end up with a badly spelt post!! :dohh:

Oops I've gotten mixed up with loose and lose before, but I always realise my mistake it's more a slip of the mind, rather than not knowing the difference.

How about then and than? Sometimes I feel to use then but sometimes I lean towards than!? Is there a rule for this?

And I know how you feel about you're phone, I've just had to edit this post because of my auto correct!

My sister once looked after my lo(who was about 11-12 months at the time) and her and her friend wrote loser on a post it and stuck it on my Los forehead..they then wanted to go to the shops but lo wouldn't let them take the post it off..the best part?they spelt loser wrong...looser..:dohh:

I've got to go for a little bit, because my phone battery is about to die so I need to charge it for a while. I could cry x

I would use omg ect except I'm always on my phone and would rather type it out than battle with autocorrect :-/ also when I type a long post on my phone it always has lots of mistakes(wrong key pressed usually not spellin) but I can't be bothered to try and get back to it to fix it

As this post is so funny. All of what has been said I think all of the time!!!

I'm not sure it this is one or not, but I have seen some people refer to drawers as draws. Is this a term for drawers that I just don't know about or is it an abbreviation of some sort??

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->