Why do they annoy me ?

mummytobe

2 little girls
Reaction score
Inlaws... I used to be soooo close to my MIL id go over all the time without OH but once i got pregnant i just got 'niggled' by them. I think it started with the 'my eldest sons baby is going to be the favourite' Now i know it was said sarcasticly as we are both very sarcastic to each other but since then i just get peed off with any slight comment. To be fair there has been some things they have said or shouldnt of done, like saying my LO isnt how they wanted her to be (cause shes white) and moving her carseat which was correctly installed in one car to guess how to put it in another, therefore putting her safety at risk and ignoring us when we mentioned it. Anyhoo MOST the time they are fine, but i always find something to pee me off and not want to go round there. I just hate the way they are with my LO, even though they are nothing but loving, but i feel they try to 'claim' her if that makes sense, now i KNOW this isnt the case and they just love her so much which is great, but why am i getting so annoyed at them when all they do is love her !?

I dont really know what replies im asking for lol, anyone feel the same ?

I still get on with mine but yeah I find myself getting peeved at pretty much everything they say to/about LO but I think that comes with the territory and I'm exactly the same with my own parents. My MIL was trying to teach him this really irritating tricks this weekend, she really baby talks to him too which just grinds me, and she also made some comment like "I hope this one's going to have a normal name" which wasn't said in a nasty way but I really had to bite my tongue about it. Then again I think the pregnancy hormones have a lot to do with it!!

Thanks, for a minute i was thinking i was the only one ! Lol

You're not alone, I think it affects us all in different ways.
:hugs:

I wonder if the fact that they remarked on her color stuck with you, and is nagging you from the back of your mind.

That's a very deeply hurtful remark. And I wonder if some piece of you has never quite gotten over that they said that.

Maybe sometimes you find yourself annoyed about small things they say or do that don't really matter because deep down, you're still upset about their remarking on your baby's color? I don't think that's a remark I would ever forget in relation to a baby I adored more than life itself. You know what I mean?

Just a thought!

I wonder if the fact that they remarked on her color stuck with you, and is nagging you from the back of your mind.

That's a very deeply hurtful remark. And I wonder if some piece of you has never quite gotten over that they said that.

Maybe sometimes you find yourself annoyed about small things they say or do that don't really matter because deep down, you're still upset about their remarking on your baby's color? I don't think that's a remark I would ever forget in relation to a baby I adored more than life itself. You know what I mean?

Just a thought!

You could be right i guess, it would definately make sense. Although i do think it came out the wrong way :shrug: I dont know, inlaws eh, who'd have em ! lol

i get really annoyed with my inlaws too! but don't know why!! they have never said anything hurtful or that i dont agree with, but shower tom with love and spend lots of money on him buying clothes and stuff........... I think this bothers me because we can't buy everything we see and she never consults, unlike my mum!, and just buys stuff!........ we used to just talk every now and again before lo, but now she calls all the bloody time and talks about random people i've never met like her neighbours!! and they come over once a month, unlike twice a yr before lo!!!......... this shouldn't bother me because i want them to have a relationship with tom but it's just soooo tiring that i don't answer theirs calls most of the time!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sylvi.H.
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->