Wicked Witch has arrived!! TTC BUDDIES - *1st BFP Confirmed!*

Bean- I do normally O around CD16-19. It's been getting later and later without meds. When I took Clomid it was CD15 or 16 but I think last cycle I had CD19 with no meds and the month before it was creeping up too. I'm not using OPKs this cycle either. We're trying to just BD around when it normally would be O time...a little earlier this cycle with the Soy so this weekend the BDing will begin!

Have fun bding Messy. Hope you catch that egg!! Good luck!

Wow, hope everyone is good and ready for the holiday's since it's right around the corner. I've been MIA for about a week now I think but I've been in a good mood and just been really busy with Christmas. I finished all of the shopping this morning before work and I'm loving the things I got for my honey.

Still planning on TTC not NTNP .... we'll see how it goes!

Again, I hope everyone is doing good and if I don't get on again before Christmas I hope everyone has a GREAT holiday with family and friends!

Hey Ash. Glad you're in a good mood and you are definitely more organised than me. I still have lots of presents to buy.

I still waiting to O. Negative OPKs. Really hoping I O before Sunday.

Hope you all have a wonderful christmas. And hope the new year brings us all lots of BFPs.

I'm around too. Christmas is coming fast so I've been in and out all the last week! I played with FF today and it shows O for me today if my temps keep going up. I hope it's today because DH is home tonight and then gone till Friday night for work. I'm going to do my last opk this afternoon. I didn't buy any but found one of the ic ones in the drawer from last time I ordered a bunch. I figure it can't hurt to do just the one that's left. I got my package in the mail from my friend ordering us a fertility spell. I have to light a candle and say some words this afternoon and then it is supposed to be complete. I have a little charm/stone and I'm keeping it with my BBT thermometer in the bedroom. Figure I'll give it a little rub everyday. So technically I'm still waiting to O also. :dust: for everyone!

Ok so I know this is so off topic from baby making but I just wanted to get some advice from you ladies...

Here's my situation ... =\

My OH was divorced and now we're together. He has 1 child with his previous wife and he's having issues with him because of the divorce and me and what not ... =\

Well .. it's around christmas time and my OH's father doesn't really acknowledge me or even include me in on the christmas cards. I'm just wondering ..... how to deal with this. It makes me so mad and even though it's just a christmas card I feel like including my name on the card wouldn't be that difficult .... =\

It makes me feel that I'm not wanted and I know that OH loves me but it makes it hard when his family doesn't ... make me feel welcomed and what not. It kinda makes me want to not be around his family for the holiday's and that's going to be a problem in our relationship because of course OH wants to spend time with his family.

I don't nkow if they're just apprehensive because of OH's first failed marriage or what ... but I cry about it a lot and don't know what to do ...

Any advice is welcome!

Thanks in advance!

Oh Ash, poor you. They are being incredibly selfish and petty. Did you get together after the divorce?

Has your OH tried to talk to them about it?

I'll be hard but if I was you I'd just put them on the spot and ask them politely why they don't like you. Explain that you love your their son and are planning on spending the future together and want to build a relationiship with them too. Ask them what you can do to get them to accept you.

Hopefully they'll realise that they are being petty and it's your OHs life. They may just be scared of him getting hurt again? Or scared they'll lose their grandson.

What issues is your OH having re: his son?

Sorry you are going through this.

So I haven't written in a while. Started AF Thursday evening :( I have an appt next month sice we have been trying for a year and nothing. I have read a lot about secondary infertility so I am hoping that is not the case. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
Ash- my family did not accept my husband for a long time. My Dad refused to like him. Unfortunately it is just going to take some time. We have been together 11 years and just this year we had to sit down with my Dad and basically say butt out of our relationship and accept my husband because he isn't going anywhere. It doesn't really matter what my father thinks, I love my husband with all my heart and that won't change. Hopefully your battle won't last as long as mine has. It took me sitting down with my father and crying telling him that I wasn't going to take it anymore and things needed to change. He is now more accepting and has put his differences aside.

Hi girls!
Hope I am all finding u well? Haven't read back thru previous posts as I'm just planting a quicky on here while I think of it!

I've been good this mth, haven't done any TTC related thingies. But sayin that, ovulation made itself VERY noticeable this mth! I hurt that much sat in my work chair that it made me whingey like a child lol :blush: if it happened the day of pain, it was a mega early 1! CD10! Boobs started hurting the next day...

Had a Drs appointment yesterday. She said having a light period will not hinder my chances of TTC at all... Which is good. :) She also said the previous blood tests I had were Standard Fertility tests and they were normal, but if I want to be sure I'm O'in, to book a Progesterone Test on CD21... But she said she doesn't think there's anything for me to worry about! Yay!

Had a bad back all night, and some spottin this morning. So guess AF is on her way. Was expecting her on Xmas Day so the earlier the better! Lol.

Hope ur all doing great and are all set for Xmas! 3 sleeps girls!! Eeeeekk!! :happydance: xxx

Bean - They are being selfish and inconsiderate but if that's how they want to portray themselves then so be it. I just need to understand that they're the ones creating this tension and not me. OH and I went to dinner last night and had a talk about it and he told me that he was embarrassed that his grandmother and father are acting like this and that he's going to have a talk with his dad and lay it out straight for them (that I'm not going anywhere). I mean they know we're trying to have a baby so I don't know how to be more straight forward than that.

I want to ask them directly why they don't like me, or why they don't include me in on things, like when they send cards etc. but I just haven't had the opportunity. I actually had this terrible thing happen last christmas. My OH's father was over our house and we had a basement and there was a pool table down there so we were all playing pool and when we were done my OH's father told me I had to go upstairs ... I was kinda shocked and it probably doesn't give it justice being written on the computer but the way he said it to me was uncalled for. He talked to me as if I were a child and I'm much younger than my OH by 14 years ... but we still love each other and age has nothing to do with it but I think that his father might be a little iffy about that.

sorry this is so long!

Uhm ... the issues with OH's son are terrible. Ok, so I knew OH for a while before he actually got divorced. We were only friends and we only did things as friends with other friends, go to the bar, have a drink, play pool, go bowling ... that kinda stuff! Well .... my OH found out that his wife at the time had been having an affair with this guy she knew from HS for about 2 years! He found all of these e-mails .. that she hid on her computer but he's a software engineer so he knows how to find stuff! But yeah an affair for 2 years .. finally OH filed for divorce. After about 6 months him and I started like dating on our own ... so was still married but they were living in separate homes and the divorce proceedings were in motion. Well .... Helene which is his ex-wifes name, starting telling Eric, my OH's son that we were together long before the divorce and I broke up his family and all of this stuff. So now .... OH's son refuses to be around me at all .... won't hang out with his dad except for Wednesdays after school because it's court ordered and I'm at work. It's really bad. My OH build a memory book full of pictures of things they used to do together as father and son and he told his dad and didn't want it and gave it back. That was yesterday. =( I feel terrible for OH but there's really nothing I can do about his son. I've tried inviting him snowboarding with us in california, everything! He always refuses. It's really sad that his mother would put him in this situation but it is what it is.

Anyways ... I'm really sorry for the long explanation!! So sad....the whole thing! Well I'm off to run a couple more errands before Christmas!

So I haven't written in a while. Started AF Thursday evening :( I have an appt next month sice we have been trying for a year and nothing. I have read a lot about secondary infertility so I am hoping that is not the case. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas.
Ash- my family did not accept my husband for a long time. My Dad refused to like him. Unfortunately it is just going to take some time. We have been together 11 years and just this year we had to sit down with my Dad and basically say butt out of our relationship and accept my husband because he isn't going anywhere. It doesn't really matter what my father thinks, I love my husband with all my heart and that won't change. Hopefully your battle won't last as long as mine has. It took me sitting down with my father and crying telling him that I wasn't going to take it anymore and things needed to change. He is now more accepting and has put his differences aside.

Thanks for the advice! I'm sorry it took your father 11 years to come around, I really hope that's not the case with me but if it is ... then so be it. I'm not going to leave OH just because other people want to try and make our life miserable!

Thanks again! And I'm really happy to hear that your father has come around!

I have little advice to offer Ash. My in laws hated me from day one. Said I was too young for their son and he shouldn't be looking for anyone since he was divorced twice already. They also pretty much discounted me from everything and with our daughter (I legally adopted her when the ex #1 decided her new kids were more important and she wasn't going to be Kayla's mom anymore at age 11!) I was treated like I was just her babysitter for many years. She was only 6 when I got with my husband. It disgusted me and no matter how I went about talking things out with the inlaws it was always very dramatic and I was always on the losing end of it. I have zero advice because nothing worked. Now, nearly 15 years later..I have a civil relationship with the MIL.

messymommy - thanks for sharing your story! I'm in almost the exact same boat except my OH's son is 13 and so it doesn't help that he is in his prime teenage years! I also felt like I was on the loosing end until last night when my OH was just as frustrated as I was and told me he's going to lay it straight out for his father and grandmother. It puts a lot of pressure on our relationship because they're judgement is so hurtful and I tend to sometimes take it out on OH even though I know very well that it's not his fault. My OH has been nothing but supporting and loving towards me and my family!

Well ... I'm happy to hear that you finally have a semi-relationship with your MIL. Unfortunately my MIL passed away but from what my OH tells me she was wonderful!

I'm sure OH and I will get through it ... it's just especially tough through the holiday's since everyone wants to get together and they make me feel uncomfortable making me not want to spend the holiday's with them!

Thanks for sharing your story though!

Oh messymommy - I see you're ttc #2 ... how'd the in-laws do when you and DH had your first child together?

Well the MIL was all over me while I was pregnant. She was wonderful through the pregnancy and then right after Gage was born..she was in the room when he was born we were that close then...shortly after he was born the drama started right back up over Kayla. I wasn't giving her enough attention once again because I had my own baby and then it got ugly where she even went as far as to say Gage wasn't my DH's child at all. Note that she had brought picture of DH down to the house a week after Gage was born to compare and he was spot on and then at about 2 months old they looked like the same child in the pictures! She got mad over stupid things and it went right back to the old way BUT now truly being a mother at that point I ended it! I confronted her which was very extreme because her not liking what I had to say about treating me better and treating both of their grandchildren equal instead of favoring Kayla upset her and she called me names and we had a screaming match which she tried to end by slapping my mouth and then DH and the FIL physically removed her from my house and I went and got a court order of protection so she couldn't come around anymore. Very nasty but it had to be done. After nearly 2 years of not allowing them around either child there was a death in the family and we gave them a second chance and it's been decent since. There have been some tough situations, all involving Kayla's drama, but we've always worked through them in a mature manor since my taking charge and punishing the MIL for her actions. My case is very extreme and I don't wish it upon anyone!!! I don't think DH believe how she really was treating me till the day she tried to slap me infront of both DH and the FIL. I think they thought I was a drama queen before that. After that DH and I had a much better relationship because that issue was out in the open.

Hi girls!
Hope I am all finding u well? Haven't read back thru previous posts as I'm just planting a quicky on here while I think of it!

I've been good this mth, haven't done any TTC related thingies. But sayin that, ovulation made itself VERY noticeable this mth! I hurt that much sat in my work chair that it made me whingey like a child lol :blush: if it happened the day of pain, it was a mega early 1! CD10! Boobs started hurting the next day...

Had a Drs appointment yesterday. She said having a light period will not hinder my chances of TTC at all... Which is good. :) She also said the previous blood tests I had were Standard Fertility tests and they were normal, but if I want to be sure I'm O'in, to book a Progesterone Test on CD21... But she said she doesn't think there's anything for me to worry about! Yay!

Had a bad back all night, and some spottin this morning. So guess AF is on her way. Was expecting her on Xmas Day so the earlier the better! Lol.

Hope ur all doing great and are all set for Xmas! 3 sleeps girls!! Eeeeekk!! :happydance: xxx

Hey Carly!! Missed you loads. Quick message as it's 2am and I'm working tomorrow. Glad doc said light period wasn't an issue. Maybe string early O is a good sign. Even if witch gets you this cycle. Maybe the next one will he the one.

How are the pups?

Hope you have a wonderful Christmas.

Will pop back tomorrow with proper messages

Night night.

hey ladies.

Life has taken over TTC for the first time in months. Sorry I've not been around much.

Ash - I wish you all the best with your difficult family situation. I feel for you. :hugs:

I wont be around over christmas so just wanted to wish you all a very merry christmas and hope all your dreams come true in 2012!

Now lets get some BFP's!

HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!

Seems like everyone is MIA. I am in the tww again. This marks 1 year of trying for our second and if it doesn't work this time we are on to Clomid. Fingers crossed that we won't have to.

Fingers crossed for you hun. I'm 10dpo. No AF yet but been spotting since 0/1dpo. Think I'll head to the GP if no BFP. Not sure if it's from low progesterone or something else.

Really hope you get your NY BFP.

Messy - How are you?

Bean can yo give me your opinion. A friend told me to BD every other day from CD 10 and when I got + OPK BD and additional 2 days. I was then told by another friend not to BD at all until I get the + OPK and then BD for 4-5 days. I am so confused now and starting to stress. We did the every other day thing and got my + today. I just can't face another BFN. Every month before we weren't able to BD for a few days just before Ovulation so I figured if that were the case and no baby yet the second theory must be wrong. I over think this way to much.

Sorry to chime in but my FS told me BD every day from CD 12 - 20 .... I don't know if that helps at all but that's what I do ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->