Will anyone be in school while pregnant?

Wow, 3 pregnancies! A lot of girls at my work are pregnant or have given birth recently which of course makes the baby fever worse!
There is one girl who had a baby in September and is already pregnant again with a due date of July! Not only that, but she's not legally divorced yet and the father of the babies is her third boyfriend since she and her husband broke up. Also, she does not want to come back to work, but expects a pricey engagement ring from her boyfriend who doesn't make a lot of money. I'm thinking SLOW DOWN! Lol. It's just frustrating to see that kind of thing when hubby and I are in a lot more of a stable place, yet we're still waiting. I should say, a few months ago I felt like that, but can't complain since our date is right around the corner now. Lol

Hi! I am new here, just signed up tonight. :) Was looking for a forum just like this - perfect!!!

DH and I are both in school full time, while he works full time as well and I stay home. Two years ago I survived a life-threatening embolism. I immediately thought if I live, please let me have a baby. Well, now i have multiple clotting disorders. My doctors push me to get healthy and have children sooner than later if I ever plan on having them. While this is not ideal, I am determined to have children so need to find a viable option. I am a sophomore at university right now, working towards my masters in occupational therapy.

If I were to wait until I am finished with school, I'll be 30 when we start ttc!! The best age (according to the doctor) and safest would be next year right after I get my associates in science ( I will be 25 then ). Now, I can choose to TTC while continuing on to my bachelors, assuming I don't get pregnant right away (we tried for 6 months last year with no luck). Then I can either hope baby not born until senior year or hope that school has deferment option and lets me take a year off.

Then I need to consider how this will impact us financially, we are just staying afloat now with a teeny bit of wiggle room, but could not afford a bigger place unless we find better jobs with our Associates degrees.

Unfortunately, surrogacy, egg freezing, or IVF are not options as they all require hormone injections which can cause a repeat clot to happen. Then we need to consider if pregnancy is even safe for me - they said with proper monitoring I will be okay, but will still be high risk. I need to talk to more moms with clotting disorders!

So that's me in a big nutshell - I am really hoping for some kind words of wisdom out there right about now! <3 Big hugs and baby dust!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->