• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

Photo of Erik from yesterday. My sleeping beauty.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 3
Omg! Loving that hairdo!!

Let's see some more pics there!

Sinus/cold infection has got me feverish now. Seeing doc tomorrow. Been going on too long.

Attachments

• IMG_20160420_171732779.jpg
    IMG_20160420_171732779.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 3
His hair is fab. The staff in high dependency nicknamed him Elvis.

We're home, whoop. So good to be back, even if I do feel a little lost as to what to do with myself.

Lovely pic of Q. He looks long and lean too!

Great that you are home, Bekah!

Cute pic, Q! My little guy has gotten super chubby. I'll try posting some pics later.

Frankie has hit the 6 week mark and is eating up a storm. Nights are getting a bit better, although he is still sleeping exclusively in the carrier or with me at night. I'm hoping after this growth spurt I might be able to figure out some other way for him to sleep. I think his reflux/colic/gas or whatever is getting better though, fingers crossed. After our chiropractic visits, he does seem to be nursing better on the one side that was painful, and my nipple has mostly healed, so that's good news.

A quick stop in while D is quietly happy.....oops....better be even quicker :haha::baby:

very cute babies. Bekah he has hair like D. Q does have very cute long and lean look. Sorry you aren't feeling well Q. P that is great that nursing is getting better for you, and nights are too.

I am starting to feel normal, other than I am very constipated. Tried the warm prune juice trick and well it sort of worked. I may just need to wait a bit longer. :shrug: got to go

D is growing so quickly.

Prunes and dried apricots really helped get things moving for me.

All boys! Love it!

Got served with antibiotics fr 10 days. Hoping it doesn't affect Q.

I hope you girls are recovering well!

P: I hope as well F finds a way to settle. I've been cosleeping fr a week now. At least it works fr me to get sleep. FX he doesn't have disorder so we can work towards 4 hr stints of sleep & more as he gets older... mmmmmhh... sleep.

Hope the antibiotics don't upset you too much either qmama. I usually eat lots of natural yoghurt when on antibiotics.

I've just hopped into a hot bath. Last from family supper here so I've handed Erik over and am taking an hour to myself. Added lots of bio oil to the water to help reduce the signs of scaring. I'm still black and blue but not as swollen. Can't wait till I'm back to full fitness and can get out for walks etc. Fresh air will probably do both me and Erik the world of good.

All boys! Love it!

Got served with antibiotics fr 10 days. Hoping it doesn't affect Q.

I hope you girls are recovering well!

P: I hope as well F finds a way to settle. I've been cosleeping fr a week now. At least it works fr me to get sleep. FX he doesn't have disorder so we can work towards 4 hr stints of sleep & more as he gets older... mmmmmhh... sleep.

You can do as Bekah mentioned as that will help tons and you also can get probiotic drops for Q too. That will help stave off any thrush.

I cosleep. I have found it is the only way to get sleep. When you have other kids at home, tons of really broken sleep makes the days hard, specially if you can't get a nap during the day.

I am doing alright. Still a bit tender but I really have to consciously remind myself not to lift anything. It is so hard with the only way I get out of the house is to lift Z into van, and get D into bucket seat. Even if I was to go for a walk (not very nice at the moment) I would have to get the stroller out of the van.:shrug:

Hope the antibiotics don't upset you too much either qmama. I usually eat lots of natural yoghurt when on antibiotics.

I've just hopped into a hot bath. Last from family supper here so I've handed Erik over and am taking an hour to myself. Added lots of bio oil to the water to help reduce the signs of scaring. I'm still black and blue but not as swollen. Can't wait till I'm back to full fitness and can get out for walks etc. Fresh air will probably do both me and Erik the world of good.

You are lucky to be able to bath. I miss them. I am only allowed to shower until my starie-strips fall off. The Dr mentioned dissolvable stitches but one set of strips fell off and I don't see anything that resembles them.

Did the Dr suggest how long roughly it would be until the stitches would dissolve? Hope you're recovering ok from your op. Can't imagine how tiring it is looking after 6 boys after surgery. I'm just about keeping on top of the one I've got and I've got some help too.

I'm glad both of you are on the mend, All and Bekah!

I started Frankie on Zantac yesterday. So far, I don't see much of a change. He's been cranky since 4:00 a.m., not settling well, grunting a lot, etc. He sounds quite congested when he breathes--I wonder if that is part of the reflux or something else? I have another chiropractic appointment tomorrow but don't think it is the miracle cure either.

I guess babywearing and cosleeping will be my solutions for now. I'm not opposed to either, but I worry a bit about cosleeping as my husband is a heavy sleeper. I usually put Frankie between us, in the crook of my arm, and feel like I'm pretty aware of him as I'm sleeping. We have an adjustable bed which is two extra long twin mattresses together (the kind old people have that go up and down), and I worry about Frankie getting wedged in between or something. Maybe I should try something else? I have a co-sleeper bassinet but it is not level with the bed (has a high rail on both sides; one side drops but it still makes a barrier between the bed and co-sleeper). Should I side-car the crib? Has anyone tried that?

I side-cared my crib before. It's ok. But I found it more annoying cause you have to climb to get them out. Might as well get out bed in my mind. I'm lazy.

P: I sleep in a single bed with Q, so I don't have to worry about oh's movements. I kind of love having him so close, even tho he actually sleeps well in his cot... cosleeping really is nicer fr me than him... I'm sure he doesn't mind though. Do you have a spare bed/mattress? You can give it a go ...

Followed yr advice & stocked up on probiotics today. Couldn't find drops fr Q though. Where do you get those? Still got sinus headache.

I'm trying to send my MIL, my OH & my DS out fr a couple of hours tomorrow, just so I can have some peace & quiet. FX as MIL doesn't want to leave anyone (meaning Quinn, not me) behind... meaning she wants to do everything together... all the time...tiring...
I am just needed as the human milk bottle... counting down ...

These are the ones I bought at Shoppers Drugmart. They were just on the counter with the other probiotics.
https://www.mommyedition.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/biogaia.jpg?f8b79e

You can also get some that need to be refrigerated but you have to go to the counter to get those.

I got the same ones. So far, no difference in Frankie though. My latest theory is that he has a lip tie that has not been diagnosed. I found a lactation consultant who specializes in ties and she is coming on Monday to check him out. From what I've read online a lot of Frankie's symptoms seem like they could be coming from that. Who knows, though. The grunting at night is driving me crazy. I get no sleep usually between 2 and 6:30 when he wakes up to feed again. Sometimes it starts at 4 if I'm lucky.

Q, I hear you about the MIL. Must be frustrating...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->