• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Will be 37 due in April 2016 anyone else?

I think at least another week. They're trying to organise some form of health package for me and Erik for when we do go home. Having had a csection, hysterectomy, dialysis etc my body is well and truly battered and it's going to take a while to heal. I'm not going to rush it to ensure I heal properly. If they can't organise help at home I'll just stay in hospital until I'm fit enough to have days at home on my own.

Q, I have the one mega boob too, only it is on Frankie's preferred side, and the one that's less painful for me. The other side gets chewed up so I tend to nurse a bit less on that one.

Bekah, you've gone through so much! I hope you'll get the support you need when you get home... And that the hospital stay is comfortable.

Im glad you are feeling better every day Bekah

AFM I'm back in the hospital. They have been doing more tests on my gallbladder. Had a test done that they don't want my bf for 12-24 hours. Just waiting now to see what's next.

I will try and help tackle the bf issues when I'm feeling better.

B: You've got the right attitude Becah. Take your time to heal & recover. You've been through a lot!

P: you made me laugh with your chewed up boob quote. I'm thinking of putting extra padding on my right boob. It just looks very assymetric right now.

A: I hope it's something that can be resolved easily. Has D had a bottle yet? I'm enjoying giving Q a bottle twice daily with hospital special fats formula.

Hope you are feeling better and will recover quickly, Q! SAme for Bekah.

F. cluster fed all night and into this morning (well, every 2 hours which is normal). Every few nights will be like that--I guess he is sort of on a constant growth spurt for these few weeks. I've been trying to offer him my less preferred boob more often, using football hold instead of cross cradle so he doesn't irritate the sore part as much, but it is just awkward to nurse him that way.

P: I so know what you mean. Q's poo has been foamy the past few days, which is often due to too much foremilk and/or invasive letdown. I think that might be happening with my left boob... Q feeds often every 2 hrs at night too. Might be a bit because I'm too tired to 'wake' him a bit when he dozes of while feeding so he doesn't really get full to bridge to 3 hrs.

Ive made appt with cranial massage therapist fr Q. Maybe that might help with latch as Allfrthegirl suggested. FX.

I have a chiropractic appointment today for F! I had my 6 week checkup yesterday and the midwife suggested it for him. Let me know if the craniosacral therapy works--I might try that too! F was up basically all last night grunting, crying out, straining, etc. so I got maybe an hour or two of sleep max. Sigh. He had one good night two nights ago and I was thinking he had turned a corner, but then he was back to fussy business. ;(

P: That's tough! How are you coping with the sleep deprivation? I'm kind of OK ... But I am no longer human past 4-5 pm. I just function on autopilot. Today I forgot my credit card pin code. I have no idea anymore what it is even though I use it ALL THE TIME... I hope it'll come back to me.

Thanks ladies. Hope you're all doing well and your little ones too. Sounds like you're all doing well with getting to grips with the breastfeeding.

Was hoping to be going home today but support not in place. They're just not used to dealing with situations like ours. I'm now working on my strength and looking after Erik on my own in hospital to see if I could manage at home. I'm also going to sit down with the Nurses to discuss the pain management I'm on to see how that's best managed. I've just been dealing with it as and when but time i got to grips with what does what and how to make it work most effectively. I won't go home if any risk to Erik, but I think I'd complete the healing process better and have better chance of getting my head around all that's happened back in my own home environment.

It's not easy on your own, even if you are well. How long will recovery be? What's Eric like? How's your OH coping?

I know you were looking forward to bf, but know that bottle-feeding is totally okay. As fr bonding... I love giving Q two bottles a day. He is so close to me & we really look at each other. For me, strangely that moment is way more bonding than bf.

Allfrthegirl: you good?

Checked in on parenting journal Allfrthegirl. She's admitted fr her gallbladder. Wishing her a fast recovery. I hope D is with her. Xx

Get well soon allforthegirl hope all ok! Xx

Erik is doing great. Nothing wrong with him at all. He's a great feeder and sleeper. He loves his cuddles and is such a Bonnie boy. He's won the hearts of the staff here. He's only still in hospital because I am. He was out of me just in time not to be affected by the events the night of the delivery, thank goodness!!

My recovery should take between 6-10 weeks. I'm hoping just 6. I do seem to be bouncing back quite quickly. My DH has been amazing. Considering all he has to deal with due to his own medical needs he's coped really well and can't wait to have us home. Can't wait for the three of us to be home together and starting family life. I feel for him going home without us each day.

I"m glad Erik is doing well, Bekah! He sounds like a sweetie. Enjoy the cuddles. It sounds like your recovery is going okay--I hope you will all be home together soon!

I took Frankie to the chiropractor Wednesday and today and it seems to be helping, maybe.

Hope all is well with All... so rough to go through that with a new little one.

Finally home. Had my gallbladder out but it was a long stay and long journey. d did get to stay with me through out it all so I was able salvage bfing, though if the dr and nurses had their way I would have quit.

Glad things are coming along for you. Hope you get to go home soon. I didn't have a surgery like your and I'm struggling. You are doing great.

Can't wait to get out of here Monday. This place is doing nothing for my mood. Just want to be home with my DH. I'm literally counting down the hours now.

It's been a tearful day. I keep thinking about how awful and scary it must have been for my DH watching as the Drs fought to save me. They did say there would be a grieving process and I guess I'm starting to go through that now. Just would prefer to be at home in nicer surroundings where I can get a cuddle off DH whilst I sort my head out.

Tonight I've also realised I know no nursery rhymes. Ended up singing the a-z to Erik whilst trying to settle him. Don't think he was too impressed, haha.

Glad you're on the mend allforthegirl. Well done you for continuing to bf throughout despite encouragement otherwise.

All, that's so good that you were able to continue bf'ing!

Bekah, I have a small repertoire of lullabies to sing to Frankie but I sang the same songs to P. and I'm getting bored of them (You are my sunshine, Hushabye, etc.) I need some new ideas too!

A: Happy you're on the mend! What a time fr a gallbladder infection! 😞
Take your time to heal!

B: Mondays the big day! Goodness, you must be happy to go home. Will you see someone to help you through? Might be an idea to already have a professional lined up to guide you. X

As fr lullabies...sing what you like! Believe you me ... after 2 years as a family care provider 'the wheels of the bus' & 'roley poley' are on my very long blacklist of nursery rhymes... I hate them! (But sing them with a smile anyway)... luckily my son is outgrowing them now...

The health visitors are meant to assess for needs etc and should be meeting them when I get home. If they're not that good I'll get onto my Drs and ask to access some form of counselling through them. They've also said they'll provide support here at the hospital and can come back any time to talk through stuff.

Good to know re nursery rhymes.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone! Not sure if you celebrate that in the UK?

Bekah, glad you will be home soon! I'm sure it will be a relief to be out of the hospital. Post a picture of little Erik when you can!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->