Will going through a M/C change your next pregnancy??

We had planned to wait after the first pregnancy ended in miscarriage but my mom just had to LOOk at me to know the second time. We had planned on waiting till 12 weeks but didn't. I was nervous up to the point of when I lost the first one, and thought we would be ok as long as the baby was born... NOW... we will be nervous until they are born and we know they are ok. Best of luck to you all.

NEXT time I think we will be waiting till after the 20th week which as you can imagine is going to be COMPLETELY impossible. lol realistically I think 12 weeks unless something comes up that is a warning sign.

I recently had a mc a month ago after our wedding and we were very cautious about telling people. I mc'd at 8 weeks and had a DNC at what would have been 12 weeks.
I think next time around if it happens for us I will be telling close family and friends as you never know when it might end so I want to try and enjoy every moment of it whilst it lasts.

Sorry to crash this thread, just wanted to say that I've gone the opposite direction. I had a mmc at 12 weeks and am pregnant again (i'm now 39 weeks). I thought I would be paranoid (and I was!), but I was determined to let myself enjoy it. It's hard to explain, but with my first I felt that I not only had to grieve the baby but the fact that I never really let myself get too happy or celebrate his short little life. It's like I was expecting something to go wrong, and then I felt terribly guilty when it did. This time I was petrified, but my motto was "I won't live in fear". I wanted to celebrate this baby, not distance myself from him for a third of the pregnancy just because something might go wrong. I started buying baby things right away, crocheted a baby blanket, and told our family and friends the good news. There are no guarantees in any pregnancy, but if my loss has taught me anything it's to enjoy every minute.

:hugs: I wish you girls all the best. :dust:

When I had my first mc it made us decide to tell our families sooner rather than later we were pg as seemed so much worse telling them I was miscarrying when they hadn't even realised we were ttc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->