will I have to give up caffeine?

justkitty

First Time Mum
Reaction score
Does the caffeine tjat you drink have an effect on the baby? I don't want a wired baby but I may also need the caffeine to get through with baby & toddler lol

I have no idea if it has affects it always gave my lo gas so I gave it up..plus were supposed to stay hydrated so I try to drink water.

Yeah water is always the better option. I've cut down on caffeine in pregnancy ie one cup of tea a day and the occasional pepsi max (can't seem to not have it at all :( but trying) and I just want to prepare myself this time.

Don't feel bad when I was pregnant I would treat myself to a caffeine drink for doing so good without it lol.

But now I can't do that unless I want to deal with lo crying and not sleeping..

I wouldn't think it would hype them up but maybe it depends on how much caffeine you drink.

Hopefully someone on here knows better than me!

Most babies are not affected by caffeine at all as it doesn't easily pass through the milk you'd have to drink about 7 strong cups of coffee before any tangible amount of caffeine passed through. With my second youngest he was always full of beans and I did wonder if it was caffeine however I gave up caffeine for three weeks when he was about one due to a diet I was on and it made no difference, he was still hyper as ever I came to realise it was just how he was xx

Most babies are not affected by caffeine at all as it doesn't easily pass through the milk you'd have to drink about 7 strong cups of coffee before any tangible amount of caffeine passed through.

^ WSS

You can drink much more caffeine when breastfeeding than when pregnant. I recently gave it up myself though (for other reasons), and my LO seems MORE gassy. (Probably the healthier eating that I am doing...)

I've drank 2-4 cups a day while breastfeeding my three, they never had an issue with it

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->