Will you miss anything when pregnant?

There's not much that I think I'll miss. I don't drink anything much beyond water and juices and now not even much juice. I will be having tea right now but thats preconception stuff anyway. Maybe I'll miss the ease of doing things. I imagine I'll slow down quite a bit with a big belly so that might be it since I like to do things quickly now.

I don't smoke and I don't drink very often, but I do love Diet Mountain Dew, and I drink A LOT of it so I will definitely miss that. I'm trying to cut back and drink a lot more water now.

Coffee. Alcohol (not that I'm an alcoholic lol) theme park rides

I just remembered one thing as I was doing it... Being able to put bedsheets on and make the bed properly!
I got a huge bed with one of the long sides into the wall and I can only imagine how hard it will be to lean over it all and put it on.

My OH simply cannot put bedsheets on the right way :p He does not really care about it but I need a perfect bed to be able to sleep haha

I'll def miss my soccer and dancing :( and sleeping on my stomach! bummer...

sleeping on my front and coffee, although when I was pregnant I still had a couple of sneaky cups a day :shhh:

I dislike a lot of the foods that you are advised not to eat during pregnancy, so should be OK there. Unless I'm one of the crazies who ends up getting a craving for a food they usually hate :dohh:

I had to give up caffiene a few months ago, as it was giving me palpatations :haha: I don't really miss it, but then I only drink tea, not coffee, so was not so much as a shock. Plus, PG tips decaff tastes exactly the same as normal tea. Morrisons decaff tastes like fish though, so I advise all to avoid it! For those of you that drink coffee and are not keen on going decaff, perhaps you should start cutting it out gradually - not by having 3 cups instead of 4, but by having your normal 4 cups but with half a spoon of decaff, half a spoon of regular? This is what I will be secretly doing to my OH to keep his spermies super healthy! :haha:

I think the only thing I will miss is being able to have a glass of wine with dinner after a hard day. I'm not a big drinker, but what with starting TTC over xmas time, I know this will be something I'll miss. x

Introducing the decaff gradually sounds like a good idea. I think I will try it!

At christmas we always have a prawn cocktail to start and I'm really gonna miss it as i watch everyone else tuck in.

Coffee - definitely!!! I also drink a lot of pepsi max right now but have been gradually cutting out caffeine and artificial sweeteners for the past few months. It'll take me a bit longer to get it completely gone, though!

Sushi - om nom nom, I LOVE sushi!!

I don't drink loads and quit smoking 5 years ago so won't miss those things. Not sure what else I'll miss, I'm sure I'll come up with more once I'm there!! lol!!

I'm not a big alcohol or caffeine drinker so no problems there, but how I'm going to survive 9 months without rare meat and cheese is beyond me :sad2:

i drink lots of tea but dont like coffee. dont drink alchohol, dont smoke but i will miss seafood and my fav cob shop that makes the best mayo you will ever taste in your life!!
a few have said they wont miss the cat litter tray, dont have a cat but i do have a dog, are we not allowed to clean up dog poop? please someone say NO, i WILL not miss that!!

i will miss being able to breath deeply in the last few weeks!!!

I will miss lying on my front, as this is the only position I find comfortable at night.

Other than that I think I'll be fine, as I don't smoke, drink alcohol or drink caffeine.

I will miss the following (brace yourselves ladies):

• Smoking
  • Tea
  • Pate
  • Prawn Cocktail
  • Runny Eggs (sooooo nice :sulk:)
  • Pasta & Potato Salad (the ones with mayo)
  • Pay Day P*ss Up (we always go out drinking on pay day lol)
  • Chocolate Mousse

I'm okay with meat because I always have it fully cooked and I don't like unpasturised cheeses.

It'll all be worth it though :)

Webby, if you can find pasta and potato salads that use mayo made from pasteurised egg you wont have to give them up. Same with the mousse. :thumbup:

And for the poster who will miss cheese - cheese is fine, it's unpasteurised cheeses that aren't.

There ARE a lot of "rules", and people seem to think you need to give up so many foods when your pregnant, but you really don't!

i'll miss soft cheese,
everything else won't be so bad as i don't drink that much caffine or smoke or drink.

i think you can't eat rare meat because it may contain salmonella bacteria, which although dosen't directly harm the baby it can make you very ill because your immune system isn't as strong when pregnant, or the toxoplasmosis parasite, which can cross the placenta and harm the baby especially in the first tri. you also should aviod cured meats as these can also contain the parasites

I thought salmonella only lived really on uncooked chicken and eggs?

I dunno Ive always had rare meat and never got ill.

Suppose if its better for baby though I can give it up. I only have it when we eat out anyway and that doesnt happen alot at the moment!!

Haha.

xxx

It's not salmonella specifically, it is all food borne bacteria. But as salmonella can live on surfaces, not just meat, it can be transferred from chicken to other meat if hygiene procedures are not very good!

If you cook meat to have an internal temperature of 70 degrees, you kill almost all bacteria, but obviously the meat would not be rare then. So, rare meat has more bacteria than well done meat. It wouldn't affect you normally, but as already said, pregnancy effects your immune system, which is why you are advised to steer clear of rare meat.

Can you tell I have worked in fast food from that little hygiene lecture?!

its only a precaution, like with most of the other things that people are told to avoid in pregnancy, which is why most people agree that as long as you make sure you know where your food is coming from (some farms are better know for salmonella than others) and its handled and cooked properly then you'll most likely be fine.

like you say, most of the things we eat don't make us ill very often, if they did we wouldn't enjoy eating them so much! its just a precaution because if you were unfortunate enough to get ill, it would be a lot worse if you were pregnant

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->