Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

Ladies, I saw a cute Carter's cotton sleeper that's grey with little white outlines of elephant shapes on it.... I hadn't considered grey for neutral... I thought, "Hmmm... with a pink bow or beanie that would be fine for a girl, and would also be fine for a boy!"

I think I'm gonna go get it... https://www.carters.com/carters/Pri...default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-boy-pajamas

This one is also listed as 'boy' but I think it would be cute for either:

https://www.carters.com/null/Microf...default,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-boy-pajamas

Sorry-- I'm spamming you all here with baby clothes!! lol

I bought this one: way cute... little froggie face on the bum

https://www.carters.com/carters/Str...efault,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-girl-pajamas

and these could work for either.... I mean, they ARE more boyish, but you could easily accessorize with a stretchy headband or girlie beanie if it's a girl...
https://www.carters.com/carters/Sho...fault,pd.html?cgid=carters-baby-boy-bodysuits

and this whole set it cute... greys and yellows...
https://www.carters.com/oshkoshbgos...baby-boy-sleepy-sheep-layette,default,sc.html

why is trying to choose a car seat so figging difficult, more to the point why are all the gender nuetral seats black...........

Really? I was looking online last night and it seems like there are alot of cute neutral carseats. Are you a fan of greys or browns? I saw a few grey/green/bluish combinations that would be cute with either sex, or brown/green combinations that would be darling...

I even saw a BRIGHT orange one that was pretty awesome, and a fire-engine red one that was neat-o....

https://www.target.com/Graco-Snugri...olor-bin,price&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

https://www.target.com/Graco-Snugri...olor-bin,price&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

https://www.target.com/Evenflo-Disc...olor-bin,price&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

https://www.target.com/Peg-Perego-I...olor-bin,price&searchRank=pmrank&frombrowse=1

I know there are more... those were just a few I grabbed online real quick... anything like these strike your fancy, or is it just that you're really loving the gender-specific color schemes?

Cute outfits, shame I'm uk.

Personally I prefer a black car seat :shrug:. We don't get much choice in colours here anyway

Chele, I have two things for you on opposite sides of the field here:

1.) So.... who cares if you DO decide to find out?? The whole idea of being 'team ____' is for the FUN.... so if it turns out that waiting is too stressful, then don't worry about it!! Find out! Do whatever will be more fun for you... this is not about a test of wills, mama. :)

However:

2.) What's stressing you out? You said you're stressed about the sex... but there's really nothing to stress about..... you can be perfectly prepared for baby without knowing the sex, and you can do nursery decorating and shopping for gender-specific cute stuff later after babe is born. As long as you've got a few cute sleepers/onesies, the baby necessities (Which aren't often gender specific anyway) and a place for baby to sleep, you're good. You won't even use your nursery at first, baby will sleep in your room.

So.... whatcha' stressin about? :hugs:

Thanks Hun,
Ok so 1) I have always been really adamant that it annoys me when people find out. I loved the not knowing with Max and know deep deep down how disappointed I'd be in myself that i gave into that temptation.

2) I'm not stressed at all about the organisational aspect, it's a doddle I think, just the same as it was first time.
It's just..........I want a girl :cry:

Before I got pregnant with Max I wanted a girl, then when I was pregnant I had a feeling he was a boy, and got used to the idea he was a boy and in the end wanted a boy, but always to follow him with a girl. I love him to bits and love having a boy, don't get me wrong. But it's my long term desire to have a girl. I have a very close relationship with my mum and it's something I want with my own daughter. Yes you can be close to your son but there is something about a mother/daughter bond that I long for. I want to be the mother of the bride, not the mother in law.

I know the true answer for me is that I need to stay team yellow. Once he's born, I'll love him no matter what. I have to admit I know that I will have a split second of disappointment, but once he is in my arms, I am pretty sure my love will flood and I won't mind. And therefore if I do find out now and it is a boy, I'll have four months of that disappointment in my mind. Sounds awful and I hate myself for thinking it.
No one I know with a girl longs desperately for a boy, knowing they wouldn't be complete without one. It's always the other way round.

But should I find out now to get my head round it? I secretly hope my patience will pay off and ill be rewarded with a girl, but do i deserve one for thinking like I do?!

I think it also doesn't help that there is a massive chance it'll be a boy anyway. In DH's family there are NO girls. DHs dad is one of 4 boys, DHs uncle has had two boys, DH has a brother, DHs cousin had a boy, DHs other cousin had two boys. Plus time of conception means there's a greater chance it's a boy anyway.

But the funny thing about all this is that I only see my family as me, DH and two boys. Maybe I just can see into the future???!!

Well, ok then... I think you're right to push yourself to stay Team Yellow -- because once that baby is in your arms you won't care what gender it is...but you would certainly be disappointed at a scan.

Honestly all of the timing and 'what runs in the family' is rubbish... it's all just statistical 50/50 chance. All of the cousins in the generation below me are boys, and my very first baby was a girl. I know they *say* that timing, etc... can influence it, but that is so spotty, it really doesn't say much.

With that said.... you shouldn't feel guilty for wanting a girl. You will love your boy (if it is one) just as much when it comes down to it, so enjoy your hopes in the meantime! Anyone who shames you and says "You should just want a healthy baby" is either: a.) someone who already has both genders..... or 2.) someone who isn't honest about their OWN hopes.

I wanted a boy for our first, and when we found out it was a girl, I was a little disappointed. Of course, when she was in my arms, I could have cared less if she was an alien... she was mine! Then, when we were 'told' the 2nd one was a girl... hubby and I both admitted that we felt slight pangs of disappointment... we wanted our boy! But we focused on how fun it would be to have sisters so close together.

We all have our hopes. Since my hubby wants the name "Thor" for a boy, I am desperately hoping for a girl... :rofl:

Personally I prefer a black car seat :shrug:. We don't get much choice in colours here anyway

Black is certainly easier to keep clean!

Dang... I always forget how many gals are from UK here... guess it doesn't help for me to send you links. Ha!

Jackie - great outfits. I was going to post a Carter's link today and I saw their new arrivals and the gray outfits. I love the "I love Mommy" set. I think I'll have to get that. I like the frog as well! We went out and got a white monkey hat this weekend. It's so cute. I'm in the USA, Jackie, SEND ME LINKS! ROFL! :D

Aw, missmayhem. I'm sorry you're having a hard time with the car seat. :D (sends you one virtually).

Chele, I feel you. Like Jackie said, the odds from a father's side don't hold any merit to me either. My husband comes from a family of 8, all boys but ONE girl. So, you'd think the odds are low for a girl then based on that. But the granddaughters are beating out the grandsons out of the 11 grandkids on my husband's side. LOL. My husband's brother has two girls and no boys. :D

Don't feel bad, as it honestly is natural. If I had two of the same, I'd have that hope too - but like you, I'd love the child no matter what, boy or girl. *HUGS*

^^^What Jackie said. LOL I think she nailed it. :D

Black is certainly easier to keep clean!

Dang... I always forget how many gals are from UK here... guess it doesn't help for me to send you links. Ha!

Noooo, please keep sharing, I love being nosey x

Morning ladies, I'm now over half way woooooo hooooo!!

Thanks GreenGlitter and jackieped, I feel a lot better this morning thankfully. Am sticking team yellow as I know deep down that's what I want most and this pregnancy is flying by so may as well x

15 days till my 20 week scan......... getting a bit nervous

Hi girls :wave:

Not been in for a while as we have builders in ripping the house to bits and building an extension - so what with that and George I certainly have my hands full!! :haha:

Chele: Totally understand your recent wobble hun :hugs: as I have been the same. At that stage with my bump buddies who are all finding out and I feel so left out. With George I just 'knew' he was a boy. This one I really don't know... my pregnancy has been almost identical, from cravings to the way I'm carrying, so I think it's another boy. But there's a definitely niggle in me this time that is starting to think girl instead - so I'm confused and frustrated. I would love a girl (for very much the same reasons you give) but my son is just so perfect in every way that to get another like him would be wonderful too... so I think I'm going to 'tell' myself that this is a boy and who know's.. maybe I will get the ultimate :pink: surprise when the baby is born, without feeling any guilty disappointment - if you know what I mean.

Missymayhem - not long until your scan. Mine is 2 weeks today - would be typical if I get in there and baby is flashing his/her bits at the screen wouldn't it! :dohh: As for car seats, we went for a maxi cosi cabriofix in brown & cream last time (to fit a quinny buzz 4 in raccoon brown). Loads of people commented on how nice is was that it wasn't black :winkwink:

Welcome to all the new girls who have recently joined the madhouse :wave: xxx

I just Refound this thread. I see a lot of people have decided not to stay on team Yellow. I am still on team yellow and will be until the end. Thanks for the unisex clothing suggestions. I have been finding most of the clothes are either Boy or Girl. I bought a SnugRide 35 Graco carseat in a chocolate brown with light brown polka dots. it does have a Small blueish trim on it but it will just look Violet if I have a girl. hehe

Chele - awesome! *HUGS* You're more than welcome. I can understand why you were feeling that way. :D

Morning back, Rhiana!

Oh wow! Missmayhem, you're nearly there for your scan. Mine is in 2 weeks from today. My OBG told me to just prepare the tech beforehand and let them know we don't want to know the sex. LOL.

Zoe - hello! My scan is the same day as yours. Mine is super early too, at 8:30 in the morning. My biggest fear is having a scan like my son's. I didn't have to ask what he was, he flashed us and it was obvious. My daughter was super shy and we nearly didn't know. I'm hoping this one stays modest and doesn't flash us. Lol.

Wannabemom
- Hi! Brown carseats are awesome, and it's what me and OH are going to aim for. We decided on green and brown. I really like those two colors together. Clothes are much harder, but I have found some nice greens and whites, for the tiny stages of life. :D

I think with pushchairs, carseats etc you've just got to get what you like. I'm getting a lilac tandem and don't care if I have two boys in it as I love purple :)

I just Refound this thread. I see a lot of people have decided not to stay on team Yellow. I am still on team yellow and will be until the end. Thanks for the unisex clothing suggestions. I have been finding most of the clothes are either Boy or Girl. I bought a SnugRide 35 Graco carseat in a chocolate brown with light brown polka dots. it does have a Small blueish trim on it but it will just look Violet if I have a girl. hehe

Glad you're sticking with us Hun. I might revisit the list and see who's still def in x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->