Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

Is anyone else not super-excited about their scan because you aren't finding out the sex?
Unless it's your first scan/first chance to see baby, of course...

I mean of course I LOVE to see baby, but not finding out the sex has taken away alot of the excitement about this 20-week scan.

For those of you who are counting down... is it more that you're excited to get the scan behind you so you don't have to worry about wobbling on Team Yellow?

I was excited about the scan- it was my husband's first time seeing the baby, and we got some 3D images as well. But it took an hour and a half (baby was very uncooperative!) and was kind of annoying! I just wanted to get home!
Still, the baby is so nice to see at 20 weeks, I swear it resembles Emma! At all the earlier scans it just looked like any baby, but at 20 weeks it looked like one of mine :)

hehe, just told me Mum the names we have chosen- and she reacted exactly as expected- "I bloody hope its a girl then, you can't call your child a dogs name..." Knew she'd hate Frederick, and I got so much satisfaction out of honestly not caring what she thought!

a week and a half to my scan now........... my worry is baby will be flashing all and sundry and its obvious......

think OH and i need to talk about that

Missmayhem-- just do what Cat did... look away at first until the tech says it's ok to look. Just tell the tech it's a REALLY BIG DEAL that you don't see... and they'll prob be really goo about telling you when to close your eyes. :)

Have had two more 'boy' dreams... I'm starting to lean. A week ago, if you asked me if I have a 'hunch' I'd say no... but now, I'd probably answer "Boy".
I'm in no way someone who can say, "Oh I'm CERTAIN it's a boy... I just know..."
Buuuut... if I were forced to put money on one or the other, I'd lean towards boy.

Gee... only 6 months till I find out.... :rofl:

And strangely, you know how I said I'd make 2 quilts as I find neutral colors boring? Well I picked the fabrics for my first quilt, and oddly, I'm starting with my girl quilt. :shrug:

Anyone getting any gender 'feelings'?

:blush: :blush:
Knock knock

I'm finding out!

Scan tomorrow and I won't be team yellow anymore. I feel guilty in so many ways but making this decision has actually come as a huge relief, as you know I was getting upset and stressed about it. Once I made the decision to find out i cried and and cried in relief.

I'm soooo sorry ladies. Of course I'll be in here all the time checking in on you all and keeping the front page up to date, if you'll still have me :blush:

Sorrryyeeeeee :blush:

awww Chele....... are you sure you won't regret it?? if not then go for it, its your body and your choice...

Chele-U naughty Girl!!!! :grr:

i wanted to find out but i KNEW id be upset withmyself finding out.as cant wait to find out after labour x
TBH hun the next baby i not going to be team yellow.its only cos its my 1st :)

Be careful with looking at screen straight away!!my DH thinks he saw a willy.i didnt look :haha: but what would he know bet it was the cord :rofl:

Chele, I'm not going to quote you from last week. LOL. You know what, as long as you're happy then I'm happy for you. :) I know it's been stressing you out, but I'm happy you're making the choice and it gave you relief. Don't want you to be stressed out. :D *HUGS* :hugs Of course we'll still have you!

Cat - I like that you laughed at your mom's reaction. Seems you knew that, though. LOL.

I haven't had any feelings, Jackie. :( I've been trying. I have boy dreams and I've had girl dreams... I keep saying boy but I honestly don't know. Maybe it'll come to me soon.

Babyhopes, that's my fear! LOL! I have had two and we found out the sex on both, so I've seen both girl and boy parts. My fear is that right away the baby will be flashing us. My son did that and it was apparent he was a boy. My scan is next Monday, so we'll see how it goes.

I'm excited for the scan, Jackie, just so I can see and make sure everything is okay. I have an awesome OB that did an ultrasound at 16 weeks to "test their new machine" but I know she did it for me because of last year. LOL. She's so sweet.

1 week till scan date. July 25th, here I come. I remember setting up my appointment at my 12 week scan... Time flies. I thought it'd take ages to get there and now look, it's only a week away! Wow.

Chele! Can't believe you won't be team yellow anymore! Honestly, this has been stressing you so much that you might as well find out- and enjoy the rest of your pregnancy. I really hope you get the outcome you want, and that if you have another boy, you fall in love with the idea. I love the thought of having two little ones of the same sex so close together in age, hopefully they'll grow up to be best friends.
Gender thoughts from me- all my dreams say girl. But from day one, both DH and I have always thought of this one as a boy, so who knows! If I had to say one way or the other, I would have to go with boy. This pregnancy has been so different from my pregnancy with Emma, which makes me think that it couldn't possibly be another girl!
Greenglitter- hope you have a great scan! I looked away at first, just in case baby was a flasher!
And yes Babyhopes, cord/willy are easily mistaken, especially by men! You're still Team Yellow!

Chele don't you dare feel badly for this!! Team Yellow or Team Specific Color (lol) is a personal choice, and one we all make in order to make our pregnancy more fun for us and for OH/DH! You do what will make this more fun for you, and don't worry one bit about 'loyalty' to a previous choice / group!

:hugs: We're excited for you! And... though I'm excited about being Team Yellow... I'm also a little bit jealous that you'll know ;)

One request: You HAVE to come back and tell us what it is! (and if baby doesn't cooperate and you come back with your tail between your legs still Team Yellow.....) LOL :tease: Kidding!! xoxo Good luck tomorrow!!

Oh, and Chele... go ahead and put my gender guess on the front page as "boy". I am sure within the next 6 months I may change... but for now that's my best guess, based solely on gender dreams... you know, the reliable stuff...:haha:

Had my scan yesterday and stayed strong :D Trouble is baby was in a difficult position so not everything could be seen so we've got to go back next week to check the last things.

It's like having temptation dangled in front of me!

Rhiana- I have an uncooperative baby as well- my scan took an hour and a half, but so grateful I don't have to go back! So frustrating! Still, another chance to see baby- surely a good thing :)

I'd rather have been there a bit longer I think. The woman who scanned me wasn't pleasant tho so maybe not ;)

We're seeing it as another chance to see baby. Just a bit disappointing we didn't get a pic and hubby has to take another day off work.

hello

i'e had day from hell, off work on the sick, due to hip pain and as work cut my shifts before i went sick there telling me i am not entitled to SSP, i want to cry as this means no SMP either... i just want to cry cry cry

debating finding out gender as a way of staying sane, work are making me feel useless, i cannot even provide for this baby and he/she is not even here yet, i'm already a bad mother

Jackie, you should change the "boy" prediction and put "Thor" next to it. We'll all know what it means. I honestly still think it's cute that you two do that.

Hello to the rest! Cat, I shall take that advice and put it to good use in less than a week now! Yay, Rhiana, for another scan! Always good to see the baby again.

Hello back to you as well, Babyhopes!

*HUGS* Missmayhem, I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. Those days can often put a damper on your feelings and make you feel more down about certain situations. And to top it off you're sick! No, from all the posts I've read of you and your kindness towards others, I can say you will not be a bad mother. Often at times we go through some rough things, but that doesn't mean you'll be a bad mother. Not at all. I'm sure you'll be a great mom. I'm sorry you've been sick and your work isn't willing to help. I don't know what SSP or SMP are, but I'm assuming it may mean leave? *hugs* Work can be a complete stress at times you definitely don't need it. I'm so sorry you're going through that, sweetie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->