Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

lots of hugs to missmayhem- hope you are feeling better at the moment. Have you had these troubles with work for a while?
Believe me, you will provide for this baby. You don't need to spend lots of money to be a good mother- or I would be a failure! As long as you can love this baby, you can provide everything it needs :hugs:

Jackie, you should change the "boy" prediction and put "Thor" next to it. We'll all know what it means. I honestly still think it's cute that you two do that.

Hello to the rest! Cat, I shall take that advice and put it to good use in less than a week now! Yay, Rhiana, for another scan! Always good to see the baby again.

Hello back to you as well, Babyhopes!

*HUGS* Missmayhem, I'm so sorry you had such a rough day. Those days can often put a damper on your feelings and make you feel more down about certain situations. And to top it off you're sick! No, from all the posts I've read of you and your kindness towards others, I can say you will not be a bad mother. Often at times we go through some rough things, but that doesn't mean you'll be a bad mother. Not at all. I'm sure you'll be a great mom. I'm sorry you've been sick and your work isn't willing to help. I don't know what SSP or SMP are, but I'm assuming it may mean leave? *hugs* Work can be a complete stress at times you definitely don't need it. I'm so sorry you're going through that, sweetie.

thank you so so much hun, and cat as well for your words you've certainly cheered me up

SSP- statutory sick pay

SMP- statutory maternity pay

these are benefits from the government we get when we can not work due to paying taxes out of our wages

work started cutting my hours a while ago but i was asking for more and never thought any of it, then i had to pull out of a certain clients due to ill health so they took that shift off me as well......... not just the call the shift, i should have just went sick from the moment my hips hurt, but me not wanting to claim assistance or benefit or play the system, i wanted to carry on working and helping the elderly and look were it landed me

Completely unrelated- but my little girl walked for the first time yesterday! Most amazing thing ever.

Missmayhem - thanks for explaining. I'm not familiar with the pay types outside the US, so that helps. I'm so sorry that work is being so stupid toward you. I had a job like that, a well before and leaving was a choice that I had to make eventually. You did the right thing, and that shows the type of character you will be as a mom. You're strong. I truly hope things change and they give you something or more hours. With my first child years ago, I worked at a place where I was only part-time and had no maternity pay when I left. We had times with little to nothing. I know that feeling, but eventually it did get better. *HUGS*

Cat - I'm so excited for you! I remember that. *cries* It's been so long for me. This is our 3rd child but my first two are 6 and 8 already. They are at the stage of "OMG! School is only a week away! No more summer!" My daughter will be in 1st grade. And my son will be in *gasp* 3rd grade already!

Awww they look so cute when they start walking :)

I am no longer on team yellow :blush: I couldn't do it!

Congrats on the team blue 3 girlies. I guess your name can no longer be 3 girlies. LOL. Major congrats. :D

Are you feeling any better today, Missmayhem? Just checkin' on you. *HUGS*

Congrats on team blue- my boys name is Freddie too- love it! Glad you are having a little boy- I bet your girls will spoil him rotten!
Missmayhem, I really hope things are getting better for you at work- please don't let it stress you out too much, you deserve to enjoy your pregnancy!
Emma walking is the best thing in the world- she is shaky, but walking at least 6 steps at a time, and her first ever steps were to me (she is such a Daddy's girl, I was so sure that I wouldn't even see her walk the first time!). It has made me so much more excited about this baby arriving- I hope I never forget how amazing it was (and this one had better walk to Mummy first as well!)

They go from being wobbly to litterally running off in a few weeks :shock: awww it really is amazing!

We have had the name freddie picked out since our eldest was born 7 years ago & now at last we get to use it :happydance: I was so sure he was a girl, even though all my girls I was really sick with & this time I haven't been, & I haven't like the same foods etc, when the sonographer said you're wrong its a boy I said sorry its a what? Can you check again :rofl:

Here u go 24 week big fat bumpy pic lol

https://img51.imageshack.us/img51/3239/24wkt.jpg

hello girlies yes feeling a lot better....

got a wedding this afternoon so just getting ready for that.

hope you all have a lovely weekend

also convinced peper is a girl btw

babyhopes- that is such a cute bump- nice and neat! You really are all baby!
My bump pics are disgusting because all my stretchmarks are really defined at the moment.
Missmayhem- it is nice to hear someone getting a girl vibe- I think most of us are thinking blue at the moment!

well ladies had my 20week scan and we are on team YELLOW!!!! in the end i didn't want to find out, but asked for scanner man to check if legs were open he said no, and i was so so relieved.........

well ladies had my 20week scan and we are on team YELLOW!!!! in the end i didn't want to find out, but asked for scanner man to check if legs were open he said no, and i was so so relieved.........

yey :)

Good job missmayhem! Glad baby is healthy and well- it will be easy to be team yellow till the end now!

Babyhopes, love the pic!

Aw, Cat, I have horrible stretch marks too. I had them with my first two and have them with this one. LOL. They won't go away.

Missmayhem! Great news. Glad to hear you scan went well and you're on team yellow still.

I had my scan Monday. It went well and just like you said, Cat, she told us to look away when she was measuring the legs and whatnot. We stayed team yellow as well. :) It was awesome to see penguin moving around. The baby even weighted nearly a pound and measured a few days ahead now. :D

I feel like she may have ruined it, though, the ultrasound tech. It's not like I'm going to run out and buy gender specific clothes, but she had a slip that made her and I have that wide-eyed stare at one another moment, and then she tried to overcompensate her response. So, the entire time my kids called the baby a "him" and she responded in such like, "his umbilical cord" or "his arm" whenever my kids would ask her what something was. Then in the end we were talking about my two kids being born in Florida and this is our first born in Georgia. The tech said, "So she'll be a Georgia Peach..." then she was quiet and we made eye contact and she said "or him..." a bit too rushed.

It's not like I'm gonna run out and buy anything or that it was honestly ruined, because we don't know for sure and we didn't see the naughty bits, but it was kind of a...blah moment. Who knows if she messed up. It honestly seemed that way, but my husband and I are just going to move on with the pregnancy and not put too much weight to it. ROFL. Happy thoughts.

Here are some pictures. :)

https://img828.imageshack.us/img828/1803/20weeks.th.jpg

https://img849.imageshack.us/img849/3668/20weeks2.th.jpg

https://img708.imageshack.us/img708/4626/img2160pw.th.jpg

well i have another scan in 8 weeks time at 28 weeks, so gotta brave that one as well, but my figuring is by then we will have the nursery paint bought, most of the clothes, pram and car seat, so what is the point in finding out

Hi all
Sorry been MIA- I've been on holiday and then not on BnB much since the site hasn't been working properly on my iPad and it's been infuriating me so much, but it seems l, this afternoon.

So I did find out, I didn't get what I wanted but am more or less over it now and just very excited. Having said that, I went shopping this morning to get some nice outfits and couldn't find any or did find some which I begrudged paying £18 for one sleepsuit. Gutted. Think I'm going to do some online shopping now and see what I can find

I add, that had we not asked to find out, once again I would not have had a clue. I had about 7 scans with Max and not one could I make out the gender and now have had 5 with Chichi and could never make anything out.

Glad everyone is doing well and being stronger than I was :dohh:

well ladies all excited just ordered my pram, went for a rubix in purple...... it is a girly colour but wouldn't look bad with a boy in it.. he'd just need to be in blue lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->