Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

our time will come we just have to wait........

the sun is shining here would be a brilliant drying day for laundry, but i done all mine last night or rather the OH did

I'm kind of the opposite- really want things to slow down! Finally made up my mind on the car seat we are going to get (we decided to get Emma a new one and put baby in Emma's old one, which works out cheaper cause Emma will only need a booster) but can't find it in any shops- so frustrating! We finally have Emma self settling and getting herself to sleep, and she has slept through for the past 8 nights. So most things are coming together.
Having big name issues though- everyone hates my boys name pic- Frederick (Freddie) and although I swore I would never listen to anyone's opinion, and would go with the name I loved, I am feeling very unsure. So hard!

Hello girls - Do you mind if I join you??!! We are Team Yellow all the way...... Due 31 Dec 2011. :)

Hi Vickie! Any feelings about gender? Whats your best guess?

Welcome, Vickie!

Thanks guys, for all the lovely comments. I'm sorry I've been MIA. My kids both came down with a nasty virus that lasted 7 days. They are officially fever free, so I'm back.

You know, in regards to speed, I tend to think that time is moving by but I'm not really noticing it too much - as odd as that sounds. I had to think yesterday about what week I was in because I thought I was going to be 21 weeks this Sunday but it's 22...and I realized that life has been so busy I haven't been paying attention lately. Perhaps that's a good thing. :D

Everyone doing okay?

Welcome Vickie!

I feel like it's speeding by too, which scares me because I still have so much to sort!

I'm a little stressed about how quickly this is going!!
I just feel SO happy right now- Emma is sleeping through, going to sleep on her own and self settling really well. She's getting so big and fun now and I'm really, really enjoying being with her. Feeling a bit nervous that new baby might spoil my perfect girl! And I have no real idea as to how to get Emma used to the idea of a baby brother or sister, as she is just so little and doesn't really understand. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!
On another topic, I still haven't discussed any plans for the birth with my doctor at all. I can't remember when I did this last time, but I was sure that it was early third tri that they asked for a birth plan. I went through a midwife led clinic last time though, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

Hi vickie!!

Aw Cat, so pleased Emma is sleeping through for you.

That's the main reason I don't tell anyone my names(well except on here). I think the name you've chosen is fab!

Hope the kids are better now GG!

I think second or third pregnancies just fly by because you have your other children keeping you busy and you don't worry as much. Just my opinion. Mine is flying by!x

I'm a little stressed about how quickly this is going!!
I just feel SO happy right now- Emma is sleeping through, going to sleep on her own and self settling really well. She's getting so big and fun now and I'm really, really enjoying being with her. Feeling a bit nervous that new baby might spoil my perfect girl! And I have no real idea as to how to get Emma used to the idea of a baby brother or sister, as she is just so little and doesn't really understand. Just crossing my fingers and hoping for the best!
On another topic, I still haven't discussed any plans for the birth with my doctor at all. I can't remember when I did this last time, but I was sure that it was early third tri that they asked for a birth plan. I went through a midwife led clinic last time though, so I don't know if that makes a difference?

I did my birth plan at 36 weeks last time with the community midwife. I'm sure Emma will be just fine :hugs:

Thanks mrsraggle- good to see you here as well- how is this pregnancy going? I am honestly feeling like I am going to go early. I just feel so huge, and baby is so strong, kicking really hard. Also, I have no real way of dating when the baby is really due, as I never got my periods back. The scans have varied by as much as 6 days, so who knows... I am guessing I'll go at 38 weeks (but kind of hoping to hold on longer!)

Thanks, Chele. Babies (well kids, but they are still my babies) are doing great now. :D

Cat, I don't honestly have a birth plan either at this point. I have heard that my hospital (haven't taken the tour yet) has an awesome birthing tub/pool and I'm considering asking for that. I want to try and go more natural with this birth, like my son. My first was all me in a hospital bed with no pain meds. My daughter, I had an epi because of my induction...those contractions were a nightmare. But for this one, I would love to experience being in the birthing tub. We'll see.

Man, you are nearly there, Cat! It is coming quick for you. I can understand wanting to slow it down slightly. Lol. *HUGS*

I am just nervous going with a doctor and not midwife this time- but last time a lot went wrong and I feel like I need a doctor there this time. Hope you do get the birth you want- I wanted to go natural last time, but waters broke and labour wouldn't start, so had to be induced. Hoping to go into labour by myself this time.

babyhopes- hope the scan is amazing for you! I really enjoyed mine, and stayed completely team yellow, we mostly focussed on its face and hands. It is weird how detailed they are, I swear this baby looks just like Emma! (Of course, DH swears this baby looks alien like and nothing like Emma yet...)

still team yellow.vid and pic in journal

Holy Sh%t iv just found stretch mark :wacko:

heres bumpy pic
https://img59.imageshack.us/img59/8934/27weeksbumpy.jpg

Very cute bump! With my first, I thought I had no stretchmarks- and it turned out they were all under the bump and I just couldn't see them! You can't prevent them, no matter what you do. Mine were just starting to fade when my bump started growing, and now they're all red and ugly again. I'm off to your journal now to check out pic!

Great scan pic and bump, Babyhopes! I got stretchmarks with my first two, and with this one... Like Cat said, you can't prevent them but they do fade over time. Congrats on your move to the 3rd Tri, Babyhopes. I'll be there soon-ish. Lol.

Cat, you've hit the 6 week stretch now, I see. How are you feeling! :)

Aw cute bump!! I got 3 small stretchmarks with Max and weigh a lot less now so I am hoping I get no additional ones this time. More scan photos please!!xx

Ahhh!! I just had my scan-- told the tech we don't want to know, and I said, "I'll look away until you tell me it's safe" and so she put the wand on my belly and then said, "Well it's safe to watch for now, I'm just measuring things like the brain, the heart, your cervix, etc..." so I happily watched.
After a few minutes I saw what looked clearly to me like wide open legs and boy parts!! I didn't say anything and just thought, "Well, maybe that's wrong... I mean she's not even down there is she?" and she chats away, "Ok now I'm measuring the thigh bone...."
AHHHH!!!! I DID see boy parts!! :-(
I still kept quiet bc I didn't want to blow it for hubby. Then she says "Ok I'm going to take a gender shot so, go ahead and look away.." and before my head was even turned away there his little willy was again, clear as day! :growlmad: I still played it cool, and then my son said, "Daddy no peeking!!" and my husband had a guilty look on his face, but tried to play it off. Then the tech giggles and says, "Well, there's no mistaking what this one is!!"

SOO if there was any doubt in my mind what I saw, her comment confirmed it-- you pretty much only say that when there's a clear willy on the screen....

So after we left, hubby and I both confessed that we saw. But HE confessed that he never looked away! Sheepishly he said, "The temptation was just too great..."

Sigh... I mean, I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be, but I was irritated-- the tech was so sweet and nice, so I couldn't really get mad at her, but she sure wasn't good at being subtle.

In the end, it's so joyous seeing baby that how can you really make it something you're upset about? I am a little bummed though, that I have no more surprise. It's like peeking at your Christmas presents...

Well, heeeere comes Thor Alexander Pedersen! I'm sorry ladies, it is not by choice that I revoked my membership. :( I thought I was playing it safe by looking away in the beginning and warning the tech that I do not want to know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->