Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

Hi Ladies- can i be added? we are hoping to be on team yellow. EDD is Jan 2nd 2012

Jackie- congrats but sorry it didn't turn out as you had hoped. i am worried the same will happen to me but then i can by cute clothes and concentrate on a single list of names and get people off my back, lol. there are positives to both.

Welcome, 1hopeful! Congrats! Yeah, it's a common fear. I had that too but it luckily stuck on mine and the tech avoided it all together.

Jackie - oh noes! But, you now have 6 months to roll the name Thor off your tongue. I think that's so cute, what you did for your hubby. :D In honesty, you got a surprise you didn't expect with this pregnancy as well. LOL. You can keep your streak of unexpected surprises. ;) Thor just wanted his dad to know he won.

Big hugs :hugs You're still a member here, Jackie. Don't leave! :D Are you going to get confirmation then or leave it at the willy shot?

Well we had our scan yesterday and little one is looking good.:cloud9:
We were both good and looked away when he was measuring legs so we are still team yellow.:happydance: I will up load a picture when I can but they were not the best pics as baby wanted to snuggle my spine most of the time.
So happy all is well with the little pickle !

I'm not longer team yellow :(
The lady told us that she thinks its a girl even though she couldn't see as its legs were shut!!
she wasn't supposed to tell us so were (I'm) a little sad.
now we have to find out for definite.

Wow- so many scans! Sorry to those who didn't get to stay team yellow- stick around in the thread anyway! Jackie, I have to say that I love that you will get little Thor- your DH must be thrilled! That kind of happened to me last time, although not so obviously. I saw the girls bits, but it wasn't confirmed by the tech!
I am feeling really tight, like there is no possible way the baby is going to stay put for the next 6 weeks!
Welcome to hopeful, and well done on reaching third tri babyhopes!

Ladies, please remind me of why I want to be on team surprise. I am losing my resolve and my scan is next Monday. :help:

Hopefull -- because then those of us who didn't get to stay Team Yellow will stay suuuuper jealouuuuuus of you!! ;)
Honestly, I was really jazzed about the prospect of a surprise in the delivery room. It had very little to do with 'self-control' for me, and more to do with the 'fun-factor' of getting that drum-roll moment!! Stick to it, you'll be so glad come delivery day!!

What Jackie said, Hopeful! You'll not regret it (I think...I've never done this before. ROFL) But I know there are some on here that have and they have told me it was totally worth it. *HUGS*

When I went to my scan, I will admit I had a brief moment where I nearly caved when it's right there... But then I decided not to, looked away, and I am fine now that it's done and past the scan. I think it's harder approaching the scan because you know it'll be right there. LOL Once you make it past the scan, you hopefully will be fine. :D

You can do it!!! :)

I loved being team yellow with Emma- the moment in the delivery room is honestly wonderful and you won't forget it. Stay strong, like greenglitter says, once you get past the scan it is all smooth sailing!

Ladies, please remind me of why I want to be on team surprise. I am losing my resolve and my scan is next Monday. :help:

i also had a wobble, was gonna find out till that probe was placed on my tummy, then that was it i was defiantly team yellow

Hubby felt baby kick properly for the first time last night :cloud9:

good morning ladies hope you are all keeping well!!! i for one am having a lazy day today!

bubs is really starting to get active now

can i ask what clothing we all have got

i'm planning on 6 babygrows......... will this be enough or could i do with more?? if i need more my plan is to buy them in gender spec colour. hav3e 3 white ones so far

rihanna- that is wonderful! Hope he was suitably in awe. I'm at the point now where people are just staring at my belly because of baby doing acrobatics in there- it makes it so exciting, can't wait to meet little one!
miss mayhem- I'm going to be honest...I have one babygro! I'll be in hospital for five days, where we will just use their clothes, and then we will probably get some gender specific stuff, so I just have the coming home outfit. I also found with Emma that we were given a lot of stuff, so I'm not worried about being under prepared. It does help that we have stuff from Emma (somewhere!) if it is a girl, and if we have a boy, my SIL had a little boy 6 months ago.

Ahhh!! I just had my scan-- told the tech we don't want to know, and I said, "I'll look away until you tell me it's safe" and so she put the wand on my belly and then said, "Well it's safe to watch for now, I'm just measuring things like the brain, the heart, your cervix, etc..." so I happily watched.
After a few minutes I saw what looked clearly to me like wide open legs and boy parts!! I didn't say anything and just thought, "Well, maybe that's wrong... I mean she's not even down there is she?" and she chats away, "Ok now I'm measuring the thigh bone...."
AHHHH!!!! I DID see boy parts!! :-(
I still kept quiet bc I didn't want to blow it for hubby. Then she says "Ok I'm going to take a gender shot so, go ahead and look away.." and before my head was even turned away there his little willy was again, clear as day! :growlmad: I still played it cool, and then my son said, "Daddy no peeking!!" and my husband had a guilty look on his face, but tried to play it off. Then the tech giggles and says, "Well, there's no mistaking what this one is!!"

SOO if there was any doubt in my mind what I saw, her comment confirmed it-- you pretty much only say that when there's a clear willy on the screen....

So after we left, hubby and I both confessed that we saw. But HE confessed that he never looked away! Sheepishly he said, "The temptation was just too great..."

Sigh... I mean, I wasn't as upset as I thought I would be, but I was irritated-- the tech was so sweet and nice, so I couldn't really get mad at her, but she sure wasn't good at being subtle.

In the end, it's so joyous seeing baby that how can you really make it something you're upset about? I am a little bummed though, that I have no more surprise. It's like peeking at your Christmas presents...

Well, heeeere comes Thor Alexander Pedersen! I'm sorry ladies, it is not by choice that I revoked my membership. :( I thought I was playing it safe by looking away in the beginning and warning the tech that I do not want to know.

Omg what a crap sonographer. I can't believe she made a comment too, how very unprofessional of her. So sorry you didn't get to keep it a surprise :hugs:X

Hi Ladies- can i be added? we are hoping to be on team yellow. EDD is Jan 2nd 2012

Jackie- congrats but sorry it didn't turn out as you had hoped. i am worried the same will happen to me but then i can by cute clothes and concentrate on a single list of names and get people off my back, lol. there are positives to both.

Course you can. Do you have a gut feeling? Adding you to the front page x

I'm not longer team yellow :(
The lady told us that she thinks its a girl even though she couldn't see as its legs were shut!!
she wasn't supposed to tell us so were (I'm) a little sad.
now we have to find out for definite.

Oh gosh not another crap sonographer!!! :hugs:X

good morning ladies hope you are all keeping well!!! i for one am having a lazy day today!

bubs is really starting to get active now

can i ask what clothing we all have got

i'm planning on 6 babygrows......... will this be enough or could i do with more?? if i need more my plan is to buy them in gender spec colour. hav3e 3 white ones so far

You will get bought loads but it depends on how long you might need to be in hospital for, how sicky the baby might be etc. As long as you can get your hands on extra and gender specific ones ASAP then you should be fine x

rihanna- that is wonderful! Hope he was suitably in awe. I'm at the point now where people are just staring at my belly because of baby doing acrobatics in there- it makes it so exciting, can't wait to meet little one!
miss mayhem- I'm going to be honest...I have one babygro! I'll be in hospital for five days, where we will just use their clothes, and then we will probably get some gender specific stuff, so I just have the coming home outfit. I also found with Emma that we were given a lot of stuff, so I'm not worried about being under prepared. It does help that we have stuff from Emma (somewhere!) if it is a girl, and if we have a boy, my SIL had a little boy 6 months ago.

The hospital provide the baby with clothes???x

Argh! im going for a growth scan in next few weeks and if the sonographer tells me gender i will KILL her/him :hissy: lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->