Winter 2011/12 Team Yellowers - 2 pink, 3 blue

Anyone else certain of what they're having?!

I feel like I'm 99% sure we're having a boy! I won't be disappointed either way, but if I have a girl I'm going to be soooo surprised!

Anyone else certain of what they're having?!

I feel like I'm 99% sure we're having a boy! I won't be disappointed either way, but if I have a girl I'm going to be soooo surprised!

I don't know honestly, mrsraggle. I have thought of this before and I don't have the "feeling" with this one. I have two people that are 94% sure that this is a girl, and that'd by my father and my best friend's mom. Lol. But I've had dreams of both. I had a dream on Friday that it was a girl, but just days before I had a dream it was a boy. I don't know.

I can't wait to see if you're right on yours!

I was 99% sure I was having a boy!! When they said girl, I made them repeat it and then checked for myself! Rose was just such a different pregnancy that I thought there was no way I was having another girl- I was very wrong! DH was convinced it was a girl all along

Cat - isn't it funny how that happens? With my first two pregnancies, they were identical. I had the same heartburn, no morning sickness, same amount of being tired... And look, I had one boy and one girl. LOL. That's when I realized that all of those wives tales are purely myth. And then this one, I have the complete opposite as those other pregnancies. I have had morning sickness, extreme heartburn, SPD and now GD. LOL. So... I am just not sure. :) How is Rose and Emma doing?

Babyhopes - you're close, so we'll find out yours soon! How exciting! It'll be interesting to see what you're having. :hugs:

LOL i look at others tickers that are 37 weeks and think wow anytime.then look at mine and think gah! thats less then 3 weeks until full term :argh:

Both my pregnancies have been so different so I guess you just can never tell or guess!

I was 99% sure I was having a boy!! When they said girl, I made them repeat it and then checked for myself! Rose was just such a different pregnancy that I thought there was no way I was having another girl- I was very wrong! DH was convinced it was a girl all along

Maybe another girl for me too then! Did it take you long to get your head around having a girl after being so convinced?? With Ellie I had a gut feeling she was a girl but no where as strong as this feeling is so I was prepared for either outcome. I'm seriously worried I might not believe it's mine if it's a girl!!!

Rosie is so much mine it is ridiculous! I feel like I have bonded much better with her than I did with Emma- with Emma, she seemed so fragile, and I was so unsure. We had so many problems breastfeeding, and I didn't recover from the birth for about 5 months afterwards. This time, I felt completely recovered after an hour, Rose breastfeeds like a pro, and I feel so much more confident. I think no matter what the gender was, this baby was always going to be easier. I can't believe Rosie is only 2 weeks old- she feels like she has been mine forever.
Also, we didn't have a boys name decided! I was convinced that the girls name wasn't going to be used, so we let Emma pick it (we gave her papers and she chose the paper with Rose written on it!), but I was really fussy on the boys name. We were still discussing it while in labour!

I had a feeling with my girls that they were girls to the point where I called them she before I knew lol! This time I did the same & named my bump Violet Lillie & was in shock for a month after my scan :blush: this pregnancy has been so different to my girls, I wasn't sick but with them I was sick pretty much right the way through :shock: I never imagined myself with a boy, it was always 4 girls :dohh:

Congrats on baby Rose, I love that name, its my middle daughters middle name :thumbup:

Rosie is so much mine it is ridiculous! I feel like I have bonded much better with her than I did with Emma- with Emma, she seemed so fragile, and I was so unsure. We had so many problems breastfeeding, and I didn't recover from the birth for about 5 months afterwards. This time, I felt completely recovered after an hour, Rose breastfeeds like a pro, and I feel so much more confident. I think no matter what the gender was, this baby was always going to be easier. I can't believe Rosie is only 2 weeks old- she feels like she has been mine forever.
Also, we didn't have a boys name decided! I was convinced that the girls name wasn't going to be used, so we let Emma pick it (we gave her papers and she chose the paper with Rose written on it!), but I was really fussy on the boys name. We were still discussing it while in labour!

That's so lovely :cloud9:. I think I'll also find it easier this time in a sense. I'll trust myself a lot more, and my decisions and stick at things like breastfeeding whereas with Ellie I panicked she would starve.

Glad you're getting on so well! xx

Cat - that's so awesome! You know, with my second I felt more of a "pro" to it all. I knew how to BF a bit better, how to handle her, and just felt so much better after the delivery. I'm so glad you and the girls are doing so good. *HUGS* That really makes me happy. :hugs:

Wow, 3 girlies, I can see why you prepared for another girl. The name Violet is very pretty, though. :D But now you get the little man surrounded by the girlies! My husband's mom had 8 children, all boys but one girl. LOL.

Mrs Raggles - you will definitely the second round. You'll definitely trust yourself a lot more since you went through it before. :hugs:

Babyhopes - can you believe you only have 3 more weeks till full term! It's crazy how much time has gone by. I feel like I just met you in the second tri yesterday! I do love the new avatar - you look great! :D

Hope everyone is doing well. It's all gone a bit quiet.

My induction is booked for 40+14. Cripes that's ages away!

Cat - that's so awesome! You know, with my second I felt more of a "pro" to it all. I knew how to BF a bit better, how to handle her, and just felt so much better after the delivery. I'm so glad you and the girls are doing so good. *HUGS* That really makes me happy. :hugs:

Wow, 3 girlies, I can see why you prepared for another girl. The name Violet is very pretty, though. :D But now you get the little man surrounded by the girlies! My husband's mom had 8 children, all boys but one girl. LOL.

Mrs Raggles - you will definitely the second round. You'll definitely trust yourself a lot more since you went through it before. :hugs:

Babyhopes - can you believe you only have 3 more weeks till full term! It's crazy how much time has gone by. I feel like I just met you in the second tri yesterday! I do love the new avatar - you look great! :D

its crazy isnt it :wacko:11 days until full term:happydance:
having a growth scan n wednesday as they think baby is too big :wacko:

Are you measuring ahead? I want a growth scan as I feel huge but measure 2.5 wks ahead so not sure they'll give me one

I constantly measured 4+ weeks ahead with Ellie due to my extra layering so MW never sent me in for a growth scan. I have one booked this time anyway to check my dates though.

I measured behind throughout the pregnancy, but Rose was 9 pounds! I was induced at 40+4, glad I didn't have to wait any longer than that!

im measuring 40cm at 35 weeks :argh:

What does that mean in the size? I am not good at these things? LOL. Is that large, small...? I have a growth scan on the 29th due to GD, so they want to see how much the baby may weigh.

I was started on medicine as well, and I've been bumped up to "high risk" with an appointment every week now, and when I hit 34 weeks I will be seen twice a week for every week till I deliver. o_O So many appointments. I think I may just ask her to put me out of work till the end...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->