Wish me luck

flumpandme

Reaction score
Hi today im going to see the head consultant midwife of Calderdale to see if i can give birth in the midwife led unit in Huddersfield.

long story short, my last birth was a CS due to placenta previa this was 19 years ago and prior to this I had had a natural spontaneous birth (2hrs47mins) start to finish.

Due to been a VBAC i have been told i will need to be monitored and give birth in Halifax the next town over from me. Also both me and my babys daddy were born in Huddersfield and my two other children were too.

I requested the maternity unit as I want to have the option of a natural calm quite labour and birth, i dont want to be hooked up to machines and constantly monitored, this is my last baby and i want it to be a pleasant experience. obviously if there was a medical need then i would be open to anything that was needed.

my registrar doctor at the hospital said a flat no to my request, but my midwife thinks it would be ok for me to birth in the birthing unit. so today i go see the "Head Honcho" of maternity services in Kirklees and Calderdale to request that i be allow to birth in Huddersfield. its madness that i have to go through this but i suppose they have to be sure its safe

so wish me luck

XX

My MW is trying to talk me into a home birth if I go for VBAC, haven't decided yet - have a scan next week to get a bit more info first. Have a word with your MW at the end of the day they are not going to drag you out of the Midwife unit in Huddersfield and back to the hospital are they - so if the MW unit are happy then why not just go there when you are in labour or have they insisted the hospital sign off?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->