• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

With your IVF/ICSI cycle/s did u have a baseline US?

Please

Reaction score
Hi Ladies!

I'm having real issues accepting my clinic will not do a baseline US with my next cycle (they didn't on my first either) After all I went through on our first cycle i just want everything to go right this time. They let slip the NHS don't do baseline US, is it another money swerve? Ill pay for it if that's the issue.

I want to see how common this is, did u have one? Before I get a bit more forceful.

What were they looking for/did they find?

Thank u so much. X

The NHS do offer baseline US but it might differ from each PCT. Its best to have a scan to see if there are any cysts which could hinder or abandon your cycle. There is no point stsrting if there is something in you uterus that needs to go first.

I'm getting a baseline scan before I start stimmin to check my lining amongst other things I think.

Hi Please

It's weird they won't do this scan, it's just a brief vaginal U/S that counts how many follicles you have at the beginning of a normal (non-ivf) cycle (think you need to have it days 1-3 of cycle).

Our clinic did it as standard prior to the ivf treatment cycle, as it's one of the diagnostics they use to work out how you're likely to respond to the drugs and therefore what doses to give you. Our place took the FSH, AMH and Baseline (or Antral Follicle Count) scan all together to work out the drug protocol. This was NHS funded but at a fertility clinic not at hospital.

My impression is that it's a really useful scan so I'd be tempted to pay for it - but before you shell out make sure they agree to take the results into account with your treatment and that they understand it, otherwise it's pointless. I do think you can be forceful though, good luck!

Yes, going for my baseline scan tomorrow to check nothing in there that shouldn't be and make sure my lining is nice and thin before starting stimulation injections.

Me too. I had a scan to check the lining was thin and was effectively downregged enough so could start stims.

For all of my cycles I had a baseline scan. Sorry to hear of the frustration you are going through with them. I hope they reconsider. xo

I do the short protocol (so they're not looking for quiet ovaries or thin lining with me) but my clinic still scan to check for cysts etc and to do a follicle count.

All clinics seem a bit different here in the Uk, mine don't do blood monitoring. I got 24 eggs, but only 1 fertilized normally. I don't know if i over responded because they never checked my E2 levels :(

Thank you so much Ladies for the responses, you helped me to get the courage up to call this morning and be a bit more forceful. I got a snotty rude patronising insensitive nurse, who basically told me after I explained surely they need to look for cysts etc 'your looking for something that's not there' and that having a scan 'will not change anything' after explaining the bad time I had first round and that my confidence in them had been knocked she kept saying 'it is only your second treatment' WTH does that mean so because i've only had one cycle the fact I got really Ill and went through the mill doesn't matter because it was only my first treatment. I could tell she was getting pissed off, she said 'it's normally private patients that have a baseline' I said if monies an issue I'll pay then she back tracks 'oh no thats not the reason' (bull) she then goes off to speak to a colleague comes back explains a scan won't change anything, I said so if they find something it won't change the start date/treatment 'no' she says (crap) then offers me a baseline scan if i want it but of course adds 'but it won't change anything' she books it and says 'well I don't know what to book it as because you havnt started any drugs, well ill put it down as a baseline' duh that's what it is. Oh and something else I need to get out when I said how awful last cycle was her response was 'well they just didn't fertilise' like it's something so unimportant...grrr she was a bitch! Sorry ladies but needed to get this out. X

Well just to let you know I had my baseline scan today. I started DR'ing on CD2 with Bureselin (spel?) now on CD21 and I have a thick lining, so I can't start my stimulation injections! I've now got tablets to take for 5 days to have a withdrawal bleed and make the lining of my womb thin. So I would definitely say it means something.

Oh I either have a cyst or had a large one that's now reducing.

We were private for our 2 cycles of ICSI and didn't have a baseline scan, just baseline bloods. I was half expecting a scan but they said as I had had a good bleed after started downregging and also bloods showed hormones were rock bottom I didn't need a scan. Some friends of mine at the same clinic did have scans so not sure why I didn't. Similar age etc - I was the oldest in fact at 34 (now 37). Anyway had scan after a week of stims and had our gorgeous DS on 2nd go so didn't do me any harm as it happens :flower:

Sorry you had such a crap Nurse Please, why do they have to be so arse-holish I'll never know!

Anyway, I'm having a baseline scan tomorrow and its extra important cos I've not had a period. The nurse thinks its cos I've down-regged so well but only a scan with bloods will confirm so there is lots of reasons to have your scan.

Glad you managed to get one organised in the end but their attitude stinks.

Good luck with cycle:kiss:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
raisingbisho
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"