• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woman complains about autistic child

Saw this on Tumblr.

My step dad works with someone who has autism (a male who's early 20s.) He basically watches him on the weekends. He's supposed to teach him things to help him move forward in life (dishes, cleaning, life lessons, etc.) One thing I've noticed is you NEED patience and understanding. Two things this person doesn't have. Second, you need to understand how autism or down syndrome or any other mental disability works before speaking up. Which, obviously, this person also doesn't have.

The autistic guy my step dad watches gets loud, he yells when he think of bad things in his past, he makes noises, jokes, he's OCD, he laughs and smiles for no reason sometimes, he get sad and upset when people treat him poorly.... I understand, somewhat, how people like this are; what they can and cannot help..... And the more I think about it the more I believe this person needs a long course on manners, understating, patience, parenting and some courses on mental disabilities.

Yep seen this on fb.
Bloody disgusting. Her children are the ones that aren't going to grow up "normal"

I don't even know what to say... that is disgusting.

Yep seen this on fb.
Bloody disgusting. Her children are the ones that aren't going to grow up "normal"

I cried when I read it if I'm honest. :blush: If anyone had ever dropped off a note like that about Claire I don't know what I'd do. I'd probably go mental and knock on everyone's door. :blush:

I can't believe its not considered hate speech, I mean could you imagine sending a letter to someone of a different ethnicity and say that they don't deserve to live and should be euthanized? Unreal.

I do hope if they find out who it was maybe they could do a civil suit or charge/sue for harassment.

:cry::cry::cry::cry: I just do not understand the cruelty of people and I don't think I ever will..

It's most definitely real, they had the woman and her child on Canada AM this morning.

My instinct is that they certainly received the note, but I reckon (and hope) it was just a couple of bored teenagers carrying out a vulgar prank, rather than a disgruntled neighbour that actually harbors those awful views. Either way, I hope whoever is responsible is swiftly arrested.

This is seriously disgusting. Whether this is a prank or real it's written by somebody evil.

Thankfully people like this are in the minority.

They have said they cant deem it a hate crime specifically but they are going to proceed with criminal charges. They didn't elaborate on what though. Hope they get her on anything they absolutely can

There was a story about this on our local news last night. I hope whoever wrote it is found and their name broadcasted everywhere.

This is just disgusting. :nope: I hope they find whoever did it.

I dont think it matters WHO wrote this letter, or WHY they wrote it. I have a child with autism, and it would the worst thing to read that about your baby. This story has affected me and brought up alot for me with regards to how my child has been treated so poorly. She was kicked out of the summer swim club once they found out about her autism, and it was horrid. There is such prejudice in this world. I also live in Canada.

I don't understand at all this person... Just can't understand it! Makes me sick

The very good news about this story is that the whole country is rallying around Matthew and his family. They've been showered in love and support from all directions. While the letter was reprehensible, it always makes me feel better about the world when a nasty action provokes a massive reaction of compassion and kindness. And there are very good discussions going on all over the country about the autism spectrum right now, so hopefully this act of ignorance wound up having the opposite effect to that intended. :flower:

It must be hard though. Assuming the person doesn't come forward and admit it was them to avoid being found out as the only person in the neighbourhood not coming forward to support them they would have to be faking support. Wouldn't it just make you wonder all the time who it was? If it was someone you really thought you could trust who was being so two faced?

The wondering would drive my nuts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->