• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Woman complains about autistic child

The very good news about this story is that the whole country is rallying around Matthew and his family. They've been showered in love and support from all directions. While the letter was reprehensible, it always makes me feel better about the world when a nasty action provokes a massive reaction of compassion and kindness. And there are very good discussions going on all over the country about the autism spectrum right now, so hopefully this act of ignorance wound up having the opposite effect to that intended. :flower:

Good point.

I've just read this thread, 1 I actually didn't expect it to be no where near as horrible as what it was. Call me naive i didn't actually think people like that existed to that extent iykwim. I don't have any experience with children with mental disabilities but wow...
2 I'm glad that even know though they couldn't call it a hate crime the police have found a way to file for charges that common sense prevailed (I can imagine if it were in this country and they decided it wasn't a hate crime ((which I think it would b tho)) that they would just leave it but that's neither here or there)
3 I'm glad it has opened up a door in Canada for children with mental disorders

I saw this on facebook and I cried. I just can't get my head around it, I wish I hadn't read it as it's lowered my opinion of people as a whole. I didn't think we were capable of such hatred.

First of all I would like to say I am glad that 100% of the replies to this thread agree on how disgusting this is.
I don't think I could deal if There was a person amongst us who agreed with the letter.

How absolutely disgusting.
I feel sorry for this ladies children and I hope they don't inherit the hateful views of there mother. People with such views should not have children in their care. Teaching hate in my opinion is a form of child abuse. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->