Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

oh no :hugs: hope tomorrow goes better for you

After last night being so fecking terrible today wasn't too bad although she was really grumpy after her last nap til she went to sauna but she went to bed with relatively little fuss. I just had to sing her to sleep for 20 minutes or so.

Bad night for us too...we stupidly went 10 mins over bedtime (went up at 8.10ish)...she has only just now gone to sleep and I would bet more from exhaustion of crying and screaming than anything :nope:

How can it take nearly 3 hours to go to sleep? It's just crazy ! I know she's obviously going through some changes but as of next week she is going to have to go in he own cot and I think we are going to attempt pupd...as you may have seen in my other thread she cannot self soothe at all and she just isn't getting this whole bedtime thing, in fact, I'm not sure she ever did.

The way I see it at the moment every night a the moment is so stressful for both me and her....they say babies thrive by having a routine and structure....the only way she is going to get this and therefore be more comfortable with what's going on is if I teach her right?

Or maybe I'm just trying to convince myself? Especially as tonight has been particularly hard :cry:

It regularly takes Maria 3 hours or so to fall asleep, horrible isn't it?! I've never been able to get Maria into a routine so I have no idea when she's going to go to bed which sucks big time.

I'm just thankful she still fits into her little bed and I don't have to move her into a cot yet, I hope that goes alright for you!

I've been reading about pupd because I got so desparate last night and I tried just picking her up and putting her down when she wanted to nap earlier but gave up and moved the pram to balcony and put the vacuum on.

It's so hard; I adore her but jeez, she tested my patience tonight :coffee:

Babies eh? Who'd have them?
I so look forward to when it gets easier (if it does!)

Same here. I know i can't complain as it didn't take 3 hrs to get him down but i'll took me an hour. Then after that he keeps waking every 2.5 hrs. And now he's even woken after 1hr. I'm just feeding hin causr i really am not in the mood to sit by his cot for hours to get hm back to sleepbut everytime i put him down he wakes up. And as an added bonus NOT! I keep getting stomach cramps and having to go to the toilet halfway through his.feeds. really not very happy tonight.

Am gonna try feeding him more often tomorrow to see if that helps, but i tried that before and it didn't seem to do anything.

I think the last time Maria slept well she actually ate less in the day

Well, she had a total meltdown at 1am, literally screaming until her whole body was shaking...finally managed to get her off around 2.30am, she just woke again now, exactly the same, screaming/wailing etc...I literally do no know what to do with her at the moment, it wouldn't be so ad if she'd at least get comfort/fall asleep on me but it seems that's no good either. Ahhhhhhhh, tired, tired, tired :(

:( Is she teething? Have you tried giving calpol? Poor little girl and poor you! I'm so thankful Maria isn't screaming tonight even if she's up often to eat

I had a reasonably good night and he went down well... good job as my hubby is in hospital at the mo and guilt was weighing heavy on me as I couldn't go see him! He got up again at 5.00am on the dot, marked improvement on the 1.30am the day before, so I CANNOT complain!

I was ready about the 'Coles' in the Mail on Sunday and paying £1000 per night for a Baby Sleep Fairy to come and help them with their baby... £1000 per night! I am considering what to sell... got to the car/dog/horses and husband now!

So since our Daddy putting Dougie to bed meltdown he has not tried again and I am bricking it because next Saturday I will be on my sister's hen doo!

Lucas kept waking every hour after 2.30, at 5.30 I had had enough so I took him in bed with us. And he slept for another 1.5 hrs and then hubby took him downstairs at 7 (after I fed him - Lucas that is :haha:) and then I got to sleep till 10.

Natsku, Lucas didn't have too many feeds yesterday so I was thinking that might be it... but at the same time I think what if I feed him more often, let's say every 2.5 hrs during the day, will he wake up every 2.5hrs during the night cause he's used to it? I dunno... those babies are so complicated! They should really come with a manual/user guide......I think my user guide got lost somewhere in the process :p

Glad you had a better night BubbaG. Your hubby is in hospital? Is he ok? Hmmm a baby sleep fairy woul be nice!

I've gone back to newborn methods Eltjuh - I offer booby everytime she cries now and sometimes she'll take and sometimes she won't and she has no rhythm to her eating now but I have seem to have lost all ability to interpret her cries.

Yeah he is... he has pollups in his sinus cavity andblocked one side of his nose and partially the other... so after years of snoring and runny noses they/he did something about it! They broke his nose and cheek bones while I lay in a newly changed bed and dreamt of the sleep fairy!

Oh not fun, but if it helps his snoring and runny nose then that'll be good

Hopefully because he keeps me up more than Dougie some nights! Think I am turning a corner... just got a 2hr nap out of LO!

another good nap here! Lucas slept for about half an hour earlier but was still tired...after 20 minutes of me trying to get him back to sleep he finally closed his eyes until hubby said something :dohh: But I fed him shortly after and he fell asleep - has been for an hour now...Just hope it's not too late in the afternoon.
Hubby will give him a bath around 6 though and we'll take him upstairs at 7... so hopefully he'll do well tonight - could really use a good night, I'm knackered, though for some reason I couldn't fall asleep when I tried to earlier.....

Maria has had a few naps today, not very long ones but at least she wasn't too difficult to get to sleep

Hope Lucas sleeps well tonight!

Well that doesn't seem to be working.... daddy was gonna give lucas his first feed after going to sleep so i could just go back to sleep. But he's screaming and refusing to drink from the bottle so i'm sitting here awake in the bed while daddy tries to feed him. Not doing that again :p unless he starts taking it now and sleeps better after. He seems to be drinking now but i can still hear him whimpering a bit. Lets see how good daddy is at putting him back to bed after his feed :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->