Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

An hour and another feed later and he's finally asleep (fx i don't jynx it). How is maria doing? Have you tried rocking her in your arms and then laying down in the same position with your arm still around her (under her head/neck) or laying her on her tummy on your tummy and patting her bum or back and then rolling onto your side so she is on her side facing you and you still have your arm around her? (In your bed of course). Hope she settles down for you! I can imagine you could use some sleep right now!

Hungry boy!

Maria has woken up for the second time, 3 hours this time but she has finally pooped so hoping she'll sleep longer now her tummy isn't so bloated

Yeah I tried that, it worked twice but all the other times she'd wake up as soon we settled down to the bed and fuss

edit: and now she won't sleep - too awake!

Argh! It's so frustrating when they don't want to sleep isn't it?! That's the worst thing for me! I love and need my sleep! Looking forward to the weekend when hubby is back home and he takes Lucas downstairs when he wakes up early for the day so i can just roll over and go back to sleep. Wonder if their sleeping is gonna improve once they come out of this ww? Lucas is 19 weeks on monday (by duedate)

She's half asleep in my arms now so soon bed :)

Maria is 20 and a half weeks by due date and just over 19 by birth, really hope she gets out of it soon

I thought I was getting over the worst of it... Amelie slept 6pm til 5.30am, had a feed and went back down again til nearly 8am!! lol But she is being the devils child today i swear... she's had two bottles since and barely drank anything of them, i've tried either arm, i've tried a dark room, light room, all she wants to do is yell, lie on her front or be carried over my shoulder :/ Took ages to get her to nap :/

Dougie had an ok night once I waded in and took control (causing a huge arguement and leaving my OH feeling utterly inadequate!). Dougie woke at 5.17am for a feed, took 7oz and slept until I got him up at 8am.

We are going to persist with this whole Daddy putting Dougie to bed and give it another go tonight! I didn't mean to make Hubby feel inadequate but he works away alot and has never done it and we follow a very strict BT routine and don't think he gets it. I really am dreading going away now! Think Dougie was OT yesterday though! We went swimming so he missed a nap, then over to my sisters, where he was played with to the max and then I got in the cot with him and to end the day daddy was home, bathed him... put scratch mits on (he is slashing himself as has bad excema), which he has never had on before and then daddy tried to give him his last feed. Think it all got a bit too much... I hope!

Good night but pity you had to step in with bedtime, hopefully your OH will do better tonight.

I've given up with the bedtime routine as I'm never sure when she's gonna go to bed! And I guess I don't want her tied to routine for when we go to other places, like the in-laws

Edit: Anyone notice anymore new skills with this wonder week? Maria had a bottle last night (she hardly ever has them anymore) and she held it all by herself at the right angle - she was a natural! And she has discovered that by throwing toys away I'll give them back to her. She's also always leaning forward in her chair, she wants to sit up by herself and has the strength for it but not the balance.

We've given up trying to get DH to put Amelie to bed - i'm making him bath her every other night now though which seems to work out quite nicely so maybe in future he can share BT duty too! I used to let Amelie get OT but now I know in the long run it isn't worth it so will go out of my way to get her to nap every 2/3hours, either just putting her in her pram with her sun net over it (darkens it in there for her) or walking her for an hour, going in the car, whatever I gotta do if i'm out.. around relatives i tell them i gotta take her for a nap and they accept it now otherwise she will get so ratty she screams the place down!
xxx

I have noticed that Dougie is trying his hardest to sit up and is passing his bumble bee from one hand to the other... and throwing it!

Oh and he has learnt a fake cough too - that is funny!

Lucas has been blowing raspberries more often, started giggling, passing things from hand to hand, managed to put his dummy in his mouth (couple of times) really wants to sit up but also doesn't have the balance,is standing a lot more (when you hold him ofcourse) and rolling onto his side, and onto his tummy every now and then but only in his bed for some reason :p Oh and ofcourse turning himself 180 degrees (as in, spinning on his back on the floor).

Wonder what else is gonna follow soon! I always feel so proud when he does something new!! :happydance:

has anyone elses LO also been holding their legs and lifting their bum while you're changing their nappy???

Dougie is arching his back when I go to pick him up out of his carseat or bouncer... he is holding his knees but thats it... sounds like Lucas is trying to help you out!!!

Yep, all the time, which sometimes is helpful, not so other times lol loves holding her feet!

hehe yeah, he hasn't discovered his feet just yet, but I'm guessing that's not too far off now!
Like Keiraelliott said: it's not always helpful as his legs are bent and it's hard to get the nappy on properly then :p

Oh and Lucas seems to be scared of his V-tech toys... he just got a 'little singing alfie' from my MIL and he already had a 'Moosical beads' cow from her before but he starts crying when you turn them on... Not sure why though! :p
Have your LO's got toys they're scared of?

Maria always plays with her feet when I'm trying to change her, makes it very hard to put her nappy on

She's also scared of her dangly giraffe toy, she plays with it for a little while then starts to scream and tries to push it away and pull at the same time

She just stayed up for 4 and a half hours and ate 3 times and finally fell asleep on my shoulder. She is getting really bad for fighting naps :(

Nope, Dougie is not botheres by his toys... he prefers the dog! Oh God is it bad that I know hubby will be home in 4 hrs and I am nervous!!!

Nope, Dougie is not botheres by his toys... he prefers the dog! Oh God is it bad that I know hubby will be home in 4 hrs and I am nervous!!!

hihi you're supposed to be happy hubby will be home soon! :p Don't be nervous, I'd say at least he can practice a couple of times before you're gonna be away! Just tell him what to do, and maybe watch himdo it and give him some pointers...Or do it together... But I'd make sure to tell him it's not cause he can't do it properly or you don't trust him but just cause you are usually the one that does it so it's normal for him not to be able/know how to do it....if that makes sense....

A little video of Lucas blowing raspberries - this happy period lasted for all of 10 minutes :p ah well! it's still cute!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzQ-eOmsCdY

Very clever Lucas! See wasn't 5 weeks of absolute hell totally worth it now lo!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->