• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Wonder Week 19... What a Bi@*h!

Hope his daddy does well! OH is rubbish at putting Maria to bed, I even told him exactly what to do to calm her down and back to sleep if she stirred again after I put her down tonight and he still couldn't do it and just picked her up and gave her to me!

Well he's quiet but obviousl not asleep yet cause hubby is still in there. Definitely not doing this again as i can't sleep because of it and i'm sure when he does fall asleep i won't be able to sleep cause i'm scared he's gonna wake up within 5 minutes. I thought his sleeping was supposed to get better as you're coming out of this but it's only gettig worse the past couple of nights. He isn't even going 3hrs in between feeds anymore.

Yeah I'm wondering where the improvement is too, Maria is nearly 20 weeks now

Aghhhh spoke too soon!!!! Hubby put D to bed and that went great but he woke at 4.45, I fed him and walked out and for the first time ever he cried so loud I went back in and fed him again... And ge is still crying! Whhhhhhyyyy???? Everything is fine! To top it off I'm downstairs on the sofa as irronically hubbys broken face is keeping me up with all his snoring!

oh dear :(

Maria has woken to play 3 hours early *sigh*

I'm up aswell!! Lucas woke for the day at 7.15 - tried getting him back to sleep, which worked for about 15 minutes... Then I took him downstairs so daddy could enjoy sleeping in a bit on his first fathersday :)
Lucas seems to be waking every 2 hrs now though.....Do you reckon he might be having his 4 month growth spurt?? (since he's 4 months on monday... though usually he has his early, cause he was born late).....

He should be 19 weeks tomorrow, but he's 17 weeks today...but that means he 'should' be coming out of this soon.... He seems to be better during the day I'd say, but is still bad at night.....

I really think Dougie had a GS last week, which lasted about 5/6 days. He would have been Lucas' age! So quite possible... I hope for you anyway x

Hmmm... Hubbu is on a Dougie training day today, broken face or no broken face and h has just put Dougie down for his nap and D didn't make a sound!

sleep regression I'd say Eltjuh

Managed to get Maria to sleep a couple hours more then she woke up for the day though I have to admit, I gave her a teddy to play with in bed while I shut my eyes again for 10/15 mins!

even more sleep regression??? He used to be perfectly fine sleeping from 9 till 9 with a feed at 3/4 and 6 before all this started and I was quite happy with it...
But then this started and I thought I'll start putting him to bed earlier - so I can actually have a bit of me (and hubby) time in the evening before going to sleep myself... And it went back to waking every 2 hrs, then got a bit better waking every 3hrs, then his first stretch turned into 4 hrs and now it's just going back down hill again.... :S
I find it so hard to determine whether he wakes up cause he's hungry aswell, so I just feed him - asked the bf advocate at the bf-group but she just said to feed him aswell....(she's a bit weird though... I think... )
Last night when hubby tried giving him the bottle he took 2oz but he was fighting it really bad!! (probably wouldn't have refused the boob though)....

Hmmm... Hubbu is on a Dougie training day today, broken face or no broken face and h has just put Dougie down for his nap and D didn't make a sound!

Yay for hubby!!! And Dougie :)

sleep regression I'd say Eltjuh

Managed to get Maria to sleep a couple hours more then she woke up for the day though I have to admit, I gave her a teddy to play with in bed while I shut my eyes again for 10/15 mins!

I usually do that, just lay him in bed next to me with a teddy and at least lay there with my eyes closed to rest and wake up a bit more before actually getting up :p

I always just give the boob as well, although on the rare occasion I've tried popping her dummy back in first and its worked but usually she'll just spit it out so I don't bother with that much.

I'm really hoping this will end soon as I think her mental development spurt is slowing down, she's more settled with her new skills, rolls over every time I put her on her tummy!

Ah bless her, Dougie seems to be lazy and barely rolls but is making some wicked noises!

Maria is very screechy, hurts my ears!

She also seems to be a thrill seeker - her new favourite game is me standing her up and letting go so she starts falling over and catching her just before she hits the ground. She laughs like a lunatic when we do that!

Ah D loves that too, he knows when abouts it's gonna happen when I sing Humpty Dumpty! Just hope one day I don't misjudge it!

I do it on the bed with pillows all around so if I do misjudge it she won't get hurt

Oh no :( This doesn't sounds fun!! What week do the fun and games begin? :( My LO is 15 weeks tomorrow and has been a RIGHT sod for the last week and a half.

sounds like it has started for you, good luck!

Yep Marchmummy11 it sounds like it has started. I think I may be just coming out of it and LO is 18wks but was 10 days late!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->