Wonky Appetite, anyone?

adellademona

Reaction score
I can be starving and nauseous at the same time and absolutely nothing sounds good to me. During these times I just want something flavorless and frozen so I usually crunch on ice til my queasiness subsides and I can choke something filling down.

And then other times when I'm not nauseous and feel like I can eat a cow, I can only eat a few bites of food and then I'm uncomfortably full.

And then there's the cravings - I can be craving something and get a few bites in and suddenly I'm completely turned off by it and have to spit it out and give it to the husband (or the dog) because I hate wasting food.

I don't get it! And it's frustrating!

My appetite has been pretty much like this Although I find when I eat, the nausea goes and I feel fine until the next meal time. it's hard finding something I want to eat, and if I crave something as soon as ive had it I don't want it again. I've bought a few boxes of ice pops for the freezer, which have been great for getting past the hungry/sick feeling.

Exactly how I've been feeling. Horrible feeling. I just want to enjoy my food again and be able to satisfy my hunger without feeling like I'm going to explode. I can only manage a few mouthfuls and then within an hour or so the hunger/sickness is back

Same here. I try to eat regular small meals but I'm not really doing to well. Plus my aversions now extend to drinks! Literally, the only drink that doesn't make me feel more sick is ice cold lemonade. Water, sparkling water, sparkling water with fruit juice, hot or cold teas, milk... all make me feel or actually be sick. But at 150kcal a can (and Lord knows how much sugar), I can't live off just lemonade!!! Very frustrating.

& me! I was drinking Tomatoe juice last week, i thought about it today & nearly threw up! I seem to have aversions to everything & it changes daily! My lasy pg i could only really eat bland tasting things, even that doesnt seen to work this time round :-/ hoping it'll pass in the next couple weeks :sick:

I'm so hungry all the time but also feel like anything I eat would make me feel worse. Then I get so nauseas from not eating. Sometimes the things that sounds so good sounds so nauseating by the time I've gone to get it from the fridge. I can't even remember what it feels like to feel normal

That's pregnancy alright...such a bizarre time! It seems to get better for me after 14/15 weeks.

Me! I could have written this post myself. I'm so incredibly nauseated and hungry, then when I figure out something I can tolerate, I feel full after only eating about half of it, then an hour later I'm hungry again. I find munching on healthy things throughout the day rather than eating meals helps to keep away the nausea. The mornings are the absolute worst because my stomach is so empty.

Ok so now I don't feel so crazy!

I'm ready to feel normal again and be able to enjoy a meal. I hate that when I feel hungry I have to search for something to eat and I come up with nothing appetizing so I have to settle for something I usually don't finish.

I've done the freezer pop thing. I need to get more. I'm just so concerned about my sugar intake. I'm ready to find some freezer pop molds and make my own with some watered down electrolyte drink just so I can get some good stuff and nausea relief but not so much sugar.

i know urban outfitters has freezer pop molds in the summer for sure and i bet bed bath and beyond has them all year round.

i know urban outfitters has freezer pop molds in the summer for sure and i bet bed bath and beyond has them all year round.

I'm thinking I'll just order one from Amazon. Makes my life a little easier, but I'll just have to wait a few days for it.

I'm also struggling with food at the moment. I'm hoping it passes soon

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"